Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I was in goonfleet many years ago when we were flying alpha fleet and baltec fleet and in VFK. Darius Johnson was our leader. It was a lot of fun for the most part. I just started this game and I’m kind of at a total loss as of what to do. I picked Gelente, did a bunch of tutorials, and I think I’m in a random hisec system. Should I just stay in this random system and run missions until I have the isk to buy better ships, making this random system my homebase for now. Or is there a system that I should be flying to and making my homebase before really getting started on the missions and all? Is it best as a beginner to just grab all the random missions off the news feed and do them, or is there a certain order I should do them for those story mission requirements? I think my biggest prob is that the system I’m in doesn’t really have a ship or fitting market, anything of value is like 20 jumps away.

Maybe once I get my head wrapped around it all and I’m a little more self sufficient I’ll join the goon Corp, if it hasn’t imploded again by then. Maybe someone could call Darius Johnson and ask him to lead us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

So if I’m playing solo and starting out new, does it not matter what system I do the missions in? Should I move to a system with a good market first?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Goons with Thumbs was the name I heard going around? Seemed good.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

It just doesn’t ring much like goonfleet or goon anything really. But it’s a funny name. Pro Goon Control is a better name.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Because sexualizing Grover house is the most obvious and inevitable step in goon forum’s evolution.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I do hope we get a Corp going that’s stable, and that this thread can become a place to help those who haven’t played eve online in a while.

I think what would really help us leave the drama behind and focus on making Eve echoes goon presence a good thing would be to remember our history.

Remember where we come from!

The Best FCs are dead. Long live the Best FCs!

https://youtu.be/0zqkJAxgnaA

https://youtu.be/dp0-I7P2uyU

https://youtu.be/fz3vFs7WY5U
(I mean really look at us fuckin slap)
(Also I’ll never forget villy’s nerdgasm at the beginning lol)

https://youtu.be/sGobBjJPJKk
TEST was good too. (I like this one because I was in that drake fleet spewing missiles into bubbles at the end and while most fleet ops were pretty boring, that was nuts and I’ll never forget).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

How do you find the news missions needed for the race story lines? It seems very random as to where they pop up, and I can’t seem to find any amarr ones. I’m still starting out and just using an alpha clone while I am seeing if I might get real sucked into this game. I’m in the Verge Vendor region at the trade hub if that helps.

Was also wondering how pvp works, which systems am I vulnerable to being attacked in? Is it 0.5 security and below or something? I’ve been zooming around in a frigate, don’t know how susceptible I am to being scrambled or webbed and killed while traveling.

I don’t really like mobile gaming but for whatever reason this is so well done and so chill I like it a lot. I’ve been training up the alpha clone available skills, running missions, and just doing my first bit of PI (which is surprisingly easy? I just assign those drills and launch the stuff into a canister and sell it on the trade hub market every 24hrs?? It seems way too accessible). I’ve made over 300k so far. I’m hoping to buy a destroyer next. You all have any recommendations for a starting pve destroyer? I’ve been using rail guns and armor fits so far as gallente, but I’ve trained up missiles too.