Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
Having just gone the opposite and started EO again I’d say there’s a few differences.

Insurance is a big one as long as you have the insurance points you get your ship and anything that doesn’t drop back. In general I’d say this means there’s more bling floating around though if it’s proper expensive like a cap it basically isn’t worth insuring. If you pvp regularly with expensive stuff you will start to run out.

There are lots of whales with expensive stuff they can’t fly.

Industry is viable and a few geese make a go of it on the side but it’s probably about a tenth as deep as EO and is basically building ships out of mined minerals which is a good way to move and sell the minerals.

Pvp feels very the same as you’re thinking about similar things though each has its own complexities with EE it’ll be how the base stats of the ship are changed with whatever nanocore ppl added or now implants. In EO it seems to be the fit itself that’s the variable (powergrid is nowhere near as big an issue in EE) also good luck figuring out mids and lows if you’re from EO they are all difference (all tank is low).

Being able to autopilot thru highsec is amazing and lets you spend more time doing real stuff but takes away a bit of the EO fear factor which is a magic in itself.

As regards rorquals the last one I saw was worth 121bn and if ppl know you have one you will be an instant target.

Edit- forgot to say you can definitely make good money multibox mining, the risk is obvious. I think a solo miner would have it tough making a living

Edit edit- the game throws SP at you unlike EO, you can fly fun stuff in a month and if you do concord pass you will skill up v quickly. Probably 8 months to T10 maybe (total guess) 6 or 7 to T9 (battleships)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

timbro fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
They need isk sinks and implants cost like 500bn to fully skill up.

The thing you have to know about EE is that it’s designed to take as much money from you as possible.

EO I guess is in theory the same but it’s far less blatant.

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
How are you rich if you’re not even T9 yet?

Yeah the tech level system is a bit annoying kept the game real fun at first though.

I’d say there is a similarity in EO in that there are so many skills you need it’s basically time gated too.

I assume you have concord pass ? If you are fully completing this it gives you like 3 days exp a week.

I think you can begin to have proper fun around T7/8 with battle cruisers. But there’s bits of fun before that with frigs etc. if you’re really rich faction stuff isn’t gated

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
Be interested to know where that stat comes from id guess it’s a lot more.

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
I think also Jita is a crappy marker for this game as there’s much less point to just having an alt sitting there online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
That’s why Jita is not a good indicator. Industry is much simplified and most null corps just build there. If there is building to be done as insurance means there isn’t. You can sell in other places to the insurance buys.