Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
hello to the new-new leadership in one week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Pharnakes posted:

So as has doubtless trickled through by now I will not be handing over the Groon name.

What I am going to do is take Groon and gently caress off with it to be well, Groon. Anyone who I've flown with is welcome to message me and ask to come if you want, there will be 0 leadership and the only rule is effort is ban able. To this end I will be kicking everyone I don't immediately recognise, I am sorry you will get a 24 hour timer over this but you would get that anyway when you left, so might as well start the clock ticking asap.

Now there is a slight question of what to do with the 101 coercers siting in hangar 3. I'm assuming hangar 4 has already been emptied y you guys anyway. After putting in 10 seconds though to the matter I have decided to contract all of them to one name picked at complete random out of the corp list and let them decide, whoever they are.

To be clear I am not asking anyone to come,only offering, I have no ambitions to anything, do not come if you want to have sov or rule anything or do anything other than chase miners in low sec and die to gate guns.

ay don't worry, i'll just drop corp now.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Syndicate Roam was a great success.

Do not challenge the Bestowner.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

I finally put a Coercer Navy Issue together and decided to take it out roaming in some tiny lowsec pocket near Amarr. After some harassing of miners and popping one that was AFK, I finally shot at a miner who ran and had had enough.

He had warped off, grabbed another ship, and was patiently waiting in the belt I shot him in for a few minutes. I wasn't planning on heading back, but calling me a coward? That's a step too far, buddy!

(yes this caracal is fit with all smalls, even a small NOS)

That made him really mad so I honked at him, and this made him madder?!? Even the other miners started doggin' on him.

Anyway game is fun as hell, come make powertripping dolts freak out and throw ships at you.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Raged posted:

I am really not a fan of this push for "Commie" mission fleet running where everyone gets a share. I have run a bunch of the regular fleets and it runs much better. people can drop in and out and don't lose out on their mission money.

1. Holy loving poo poo who the hell wants to have to set up contracts after every mission? I do enough paperwork at actual work. I and others have run 10-12 missions in a row and it's already boring enough.

2. I am making less money if I do it.

3. It stops people from joining the fleets for the bounty ticks if they are space poor and don't have missions

4. If you join late you lose a lot of money. Why the heck would anyone show up and not make the full amount that their mission is worth?

Why over complicate things?

Yeah I pretty much feel the same way. It's silly to have to have each person who runs the mission create up to 9 separate contracts for specific ISK amounts after each mission, in what is a pretty poo poo UI for doing that. On top of that you're also losing ISK to contract fees, which is pretty much throwing away money. If you want the full payout for a story mission you're still going to need to run that multiple times anyway, and with more people in a fleet the number of times needed to run that mission increases a lot.

And lol at adjusting for joining late. The whole thing is hella' complicated compared to "Is it your book? You collect the story loot and payout."

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

https://clips.twitch.tv/LachrymoseOpenPoxPipeHype

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

rocketrobot posted:

As per my above post, plan to get disconnected and have a cap stable set up where you can leave the armor rep running. I think shield reps turn off when you hit max shield. So, screw that.

Shield reps will continue to run if you hit max shield, so shield rep away :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Radio Free Kobold posted:

you're a loving monster, you know that? sweet moses, weaponized paperwork what the actual hell

that's some evil straight out of Paranoia :allears:. that game has a whole expansion book of tedious paperwork designed to just gently caress with players.