Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I loved Raven as a wrestler and character in WCW, and for a while there he had a ton of crowd heat; fans used to just melt down booing the guy. I also think Paul E. made a good point that Raven's character had all the makings of a babyface, but Raven played it so whiny that crowds hated him. Even ECW heel fans hated him during his first run there. It's really impressive.

He also had a great run of matches on WCW Saturday Night, both in singles (he got a fun match out of Renegade, of all people) and in tags with Saturn and Kanyon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

JOHN CENA posted:

his promos had a lot of confidence for some reason that clicked with me

Cocaine would be that reason.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Was he still using then? One of the few things he recalls from his oxy/heroin years is that it took him forever to poo poo because of all the codeine in his system.

Reality Protester posted:

Raven was a better shoot interviewee than he was a wrestler

Raven could be pretty drat good in the ring when he was motivated. The problem was keeping him that way, which only two promoters really knew how to do.