Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

Lt. Danger posted:

for the record Osborne was asked about the evidence for austerity twice - once when he started the austerity programme and again when the errors in the studies he'd cited the first time became apparent. his response the second time around was "don't care, austerity just 'makes sense'", and the media utterly failed to challenge him any further on this because ??? ????? ????

I wonder at what point it was that we veered into the darkest timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

Ffs, going back to work on Monday after furlough ends! Will make it 3 whole days before we shut down again...

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

You know despite everything I'm still optimistic. Britain's under 40 population is actually fairly left wing and a hell of a lot of millenials/zoomies are outright communists/anarchists, so I don't see how we don't have a better future to look forward to once the lead-addled boomers start dying off in earnest, which is going to be happening over the next 10/20 years.

For like one generation before we feel the effects of global warming eh

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

All my colleagues got made redundant on Monday ahead of furlough ending on the 2nd I wonder if they can row that back now 🤔

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

I remember a few weeks ago someone posted a link to some statistics lining up the chances of covid to a one in ten chance of someone being in the room? I can't find it for the life of me.

My next door neighbour apparently had 30 odd people around on Saturday and I would like some maths for the intervention and being able to break it down to that small a size feels like it might be more impactful...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

Anyone else spend a large chunk of today trying to decide what a "Substantial Meal" is and where things fall on the scotch egg food rating system?

Trying to order food in for a pub when you dont know how many people you are going to get in and what you have to serve them is a unique and novel nightmare.