Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

is mash report any good? thats Nish's thing right?

Itd be a lot better without geoff northcott, the least funny man in the world

Communist Thoughts posted:

is mash report any good? thats Nish's thing right?

Itd be a lot better without geoff northcott, the least funny man in the world. It also suffers from being a bit both sidesy other than the geoff northcott problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
I think calais has been french since the mid 1500s

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
My uni halls food was fine but hardly posh. It was the sort of food you'd find in the bit of a motorway service station thats not a KFC or burger king.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Lobster God posted:

https://twitter.com/miqdaad/status/1311207889969831936?s=19

Cool. And these are the ones comfortable admitting their feelings to a polling company.

They say <22% don't have negative views of Jews or Hindus but 22% is a pretty high and specific number for hating a religious group.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Rumda posted:

honestly if that happened and there was some sort of federalization between it and Scotland it would be so much better than the current situation

Yeah, splitting England into at least North, South and London would probably do some good if you did it in a way that was more than just symbolic.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Jog on actually seems to be surprisingly good on trans issues which yes, is a surprise.

He's been good on a number of things lately. I reckon its because they've mostly been social issues and he actually is a liberal rather than being a conservative who doesn't want to think they're a bad person like most british liberals.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm gonna unleash my most tepid take here and say I've seen a few episodes of Mrs. Brown's Boys and it's... okay.

I'd tend to agree with this. It's fine. I'd never go out of my way to watch it but in a situation where it's on and people I'm with want to watch it, such as older relatives, it's tolerable. The most it's got from me was a sensible chuckle though.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
If Starmer and his pet idiots wanted Corbyn to disappear into the backbenches and quietly retire in a few years they'd have been better off not picking a very public fight with the left of the party and then bungling it so that they came off looking like weak spiteful morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

sebzilla posted:

I like Ed as a person and an MP. His platform in 2015 was simultaneously the best thing we'd been offered in my lifetime and a lukewarm piece of poo poo. I think I gave him a "fairly positive" score in the survey on that basis.

Yeah Ed Milliband strikes me as fundamentally decent in a similar way to corbyn but actually even less capable a leader.