Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Make Britain Great again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
In Aberystwyth when I was at uni a Woodgate was a WKD Blue and a Smirnoff Ice together in a pint glass.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
There was a version with an orange bottle but I don't remember what we called it. It was a time of great sophistication.

Jagerbombs didn't become a staple until people left uni and started having stag dos. Those things should be illegal tbh.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Inspiring to see that they're still sending TV survey men to the door in these precarious times. The shows must go on, as they say.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lady Demelza posted:

Am I the only person who doesn't have any form of password to get into my smartphone? It's a recent one so I must have disabled it, though I don't remember doing so.

Jokes on you if you try to steal my money, my bank account is emptier than Priti Patel's head and I haven't got an overdraft.

I used the fingerprint thing once, had a chuckle, then disabled everything.

My online banking still uses a physical keypad thingy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Did we get the Stilton clause we were holding out for?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bad tenants are a serious problem and I sympathise with landlords that go through it. The government needs to do something about the issue and the only solution that makes sense is to ban private long-term renting and eliminate the professional landlord class.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I bought a bird feeder and have questions:

1) put in the sun or shade?
2) out in the open or under/in a tree?

Propped it on a fence post for now and the local tits are going mad for it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Oh dear me posted:

Out in the open, don't give cats a place to lurk.

Sun also good, to help keep it clean and the seed drier.

Makes sense. Not many cats around here and it's got a cage to keep the rats and squirrels out.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I made a mistake. There are too many birds, and they are too hungry. Supplies will not last long. There is no way out.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

From Monday evening, almost 1.9m of Wales' 3.1m people will be subject to local coronavirus rules.

Sounds fine.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bump_fn posted:

where does coop rank

good scotch eggs so pretty high

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SpicePro posted:

I'm currently sitting in a 4000 square meter open plan office and my desk and myself are the only things left, maybe I've been 'Miltoned'.

Has social distancing gone too far?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

thrashingteeth posted:

Man Unite actually moving away from the party towards a funding broader left wing movement is quite hopeful actually, hopefully they actually do it. Kind of glad I've still got my membership and starting a new job where it's the recognised union again.

Ed Woodward good?

edit: sorry wrong thread

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Guavanaut posted:

This could all have been brought to a head decades ago if Spain had got their way and the FIFA World Cup only allowed teams attached to real countries.

e: 221 years ago in October 1799, the Royal Navy captured a Spanish treasure convoy worth more than £600,000 off of Vigo.

The FAW is older than loads of "real" European "countries" so Spain can do one until they free Catalonia or whatever they have going on.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If you've got an English licence plate on your car you're getting pulled over.

And now with the new restrictions police can even do something afterwards

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sebzilla posted:

He'd need to take ~20 SCGers and a chunk of the unions with him for it to be worth anything.

e: 2-3-5 is how football teams lined up before foreigners got involved with their fancy ideas like "passing to each other"

Scotland isn't foreign (yet).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's the hypocrisy that quite rightfully did her in, not the offence in and of itself. If she wasn't spending her time calling people out and grandstanding her own moral purity no one would have cared about the hot nazi tweet revelations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
An intern who didn't realise this bloke was a hardcore, dues-paying racist shouldn't be working in TV so sack them and everyone who supervised them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Beginning to think Comrade Fakename might not be legit...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You can bet if he'd had a brand logo on his face they'd have sussed that out right quick and had him cover it up.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What is SPOTY?

SuperTed's friend.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/1319042881932447744?s=20

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

namesake posted:

Honestly I suspect all of these meals losses will come out of the advertising budget.

So everyone wins.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big outbreak of covid cases around my hometown. Half the staff at Mum's local supermarket in isolation. Lot of cases in the special needs college as well, supposedly. A few old blokes my parents know by the names of the farms they grew up on in hospital.

Blame falls on English tourists and hippy communes.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lord of the Llamas posted:

It would be pretty bad strategy because obviously the coverage would be "anti-semites walk out in defense of anti-semitism" 24/7

The people who believe that are believing whatever they're told anyway. Can't win.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brendan Rodgers posted:

This is just hostage taking though. I don't mean to be reductive, but as a thought experiment, what if the tories promised to kill 10,000 in their first year but Starmer promised to kill 9999?

Boris would mail out 9000 knives on the final day to try to technically meet the target. Safer option.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Defund the BBC.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Needs to lay off the booze.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If you suffer long enough, you can change him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Comrade Fakename posted:

Thanks for the advice. What about actually buying turkeys and stuff? You have to order ahead, don't you?

Just go to the supermarket and get a frozen one.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My mum's roast potatoes are tragic. I cook Aunt Bessie's instead.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

OwlFancier posted:

Might be wise to ask them to stop giving all the tax money to their mates before you ask them to take more of it.

It's like people moaning when footballers wouldn't take a pay cut when the season stopped. How dare they keep their money (that would otherwise go to executives and investors).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The only bit of school uniform bullying I can remember from secondary was one of the teachers making fun of a lad for wearing the same shirt two days in a row.

Non-uniform days got out of hand. One kid always turned up in a full fluorescent tracksuit.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I like that there are no outdoor cats around me these days. Since I've started feeding the birds quite a large population has amassed. I'm no encyclopedia but there's loads of tits (great and small) and sparrows, a few robins, some finches and jays possibly, and one day a handsome woodpecker was hanging from the fat ball feeder helping himself.

Now the weather's getting colder more of the bigger birds have started lurking about as well. But magpies and blackbirds are boring.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
As long as it stays behind bars no one has a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The guy who services my boiler told me to wait as long as possible before letting anyone put a smart meter in, because they all have problems.