Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

His Divine Shadow posted:

Feels weird, this year has been insane with work and orders and now the boss is saying we're gonna expand and built an assembly line to make production more efficient. So I got work cut out for me, been going to work every drat day except when I had vacation. My work is located in a rural municipality of 2200 people though.

The life of santa's elfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Could be talking bollocks but I had a vague idea you don't need a proper driving license to drive in the army? Although something huge like that you'd imagine they might have put some training in place.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

As a minor pushback against landlords and agencies and whatever, what's a better word or phrase to use to refer to their upcoming inspection? Like these are scheduled on their terms and they come into your home to take pictures of your life to assure the landlord you're worthy to pay their mortgage for them so it seems like you should get to call it something that's a bit more pro tenant when discussing it with them.

Put them on the backfoot when telling them their plumber said he doesn't understand how the bathroom taps wouldn't run dry after he's turned off the water suggesting there's a giant forgotten tank of legionnaires in the loft and how the back gate is likely to drop a concrete lintel on someone's head next stiff wind.

Like when you answer the door, you say thanks for coming to my agent appraisal or whatever, a verbal Tory power stance.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Are there any well known medieval sporting events, jousting or something, I could use my future knowledge to gamble on to become rich?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jakabite posted:

Anyone else used to think the stuff in a Mars bar was called mars? It was only about a year ago I was told this wasn’t the case and it was actually nougat.

No mate.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Trickjaw posted:

Well, I'm thoroughly disillusioned once more. There's a guide dogs advert with this little supposedly blind girl finding her way into her classroom, and you think "Aww, little moppet trying her little heart out", and now I see her on a Disneyland Paris ad, with her marvelling at the sight of the Magic Kingdom.

Damned mawkish, manipulative capitalism.

They probably tried it with child actors that could see but none of them could convincingly marvel at Disneyland so they got the little blind lass in.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I can't remember but wasn't snakebite and black just the poo poo uni bar Carling or whatever lager and cider half and half with some ribeba to make it look funny.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

winegums posted:

Death to the booziness of the UK. May it never return.

I'll drink to that lol I'm already beaten.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

They're all very wrinkly.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Rice crispies and sugar.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

So... none of the things that loving matter, then.

Eh?

Climbing back in my box for 6 months.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

As long as you're paying the people to be there or theres an element of organised sport I think thats still allowed.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I've always hated raves. And I say that as someone whose got a portoloo arriving tomorrow.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

All the people who talk about "healthy skepticism" of every other vaccine on the planet absolutely are part of that group, though, so what exactly's so different about any potential covid vaccine that makes the "healthy skeptics" normal rational people?

What is your angle here? Why do you care so much? Is it just awkward that you thought you found some people to look down on but others didn't join in so now you're grasping at straws, weeks later btw, to claim some kind of victory to satisfy your desire to be right? Cos that's how it seems. But we don't like each other so whatever.

I'll take the vaccine if people tell me I should do that because I dunno? I guess I'd also clad my house in fire too.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Turns out that threatening to tear up international law can have international consequences.
https://twitter.com/DarrenEuronews/status/1303784063933788160

Maybe this is the 5 dimensional chess thinking way out of chlorinated chicken? Bravo Boris.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Just :lol: that Boris is thinking of a £100b “Moonshot” plan for testing now, probably just a few weeks before a second wave hits. Maybe this would have been a good idea in May, you loving idiot?

I don't think Kier starmer would do any better.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

StarkingBarfish posted:

Same. I registered a month ago, haven't heard a peep from them since.

The girl who has me as her boyfriend is doing this. They've had the first test, there's a month of weekly tests, then it flips to once a month for a year.

They said allow two weeks for the vouchers which could be used all sorts of places, Amazon was the one she mentioned. Between her and the kids the money will pay for their Xmas.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I think its the height of rudeness to not at least inform the person to whom you are speaking that you have them on speaker phone and that any passing tom dick or harry could be party to their mumblings.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

communism bitch posted:

I'm about to spunk £400 up the wall on a sofa I'll never sit on and I loving hate it. This "being a normal, functional adult and having furniture so your guests don't think you live like a smack addict in an opium den" stuff is a load of poo poo.

Get this one instead.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/sofas/leather-3-seater-electric-recliner-sofa-as-new/1383904632

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Oh dear me posted:

Yes it is.

No, I much prefer it. I suppose partly because there's no wondering involved, but also because I think having a conversation in my presence, yet hiding half of it from me, is rude in a way that merely not including me isn't.

Steve Coogan on the radio the other day was extolling the comic virtues of the one sided phone conversation as the audience gets to imagine whats going on on the other end and its much funnier he thinks.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Why is it ok to sign up to an international law if you know it contradicts your existing national laws? What's to stop Boris going off to I dunno North Korea or whoever and signing an international law that says Boris now gets to choose everyone's haircuts. Whelp, that contradicts national law, better rewrite it. We now live in a totalihairian dictatorship.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

If youre managing volunteers in a non profit situation and they are lazy and gently caress about can you get cross at them?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

That is another way to phrase "thinks it makes them better than everyone else"

Should I be advising children to slack off and try as little as possible at school in an attempt to end capitalism and that they are utter rotters if they don't?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

There is a world out there beyond your experience.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tarnop posted:

Folding Ideas is a good YouTube

Is or was a goon but had a meltdown in the movies forum because he was wrong about batman or something.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i hate smokers when im doing a poo poo job. We get our breaks, lunch whatever, but smokers get extra smokers breaks on like a revolving smokers only rota. loving smokers.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Camrath posted:

post-colonial atrocities in Kenya.

At least you've got your new fudge name.

Happy birthday.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tsietisin posted:

They may try a retaliatory rent increase, if they do come back to me as there lies a whole new set of issues for the landlord.

This is interesting. How do you prevent this? Sorry only if you can be bothered and don't worry if your saving it up for a rant on your podcast.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lungboy posted:

Most important question is: how was notice to vacate served? Section 21? If so you need to make sure it was valid. If not, do not tell the landlord it was invalid, simply wait for it to go to court where it will be kicked out instantly for being invalid and they will have to start the entire process again.

Need the two other flats to be in on it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lungboy posted:

Does it? The tenancies aren't linked in any way by the sound of it so I don't see why the other flats would have anything to do with each other's tenant rights. IANAL though so I could easily be wrong.

As in, if one of the other flats tells the landlord that the section 21 order is invalid so they can gently caress off, then they'll figure it out a bit quicker is all I mean.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bornbytheriver posted:

The letting agency has stated in their email that they can reimburse 2 months' worth of rent upon vacating if I can leave by Nov. 20th, which in my case is not much as I started renting this place in 2012. I probably should have mentioned this in my OP, apologies.

I'm not sure that length of stay in the property has any bearing on anything? Other than like you obviously considering it your home for a long time.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bornbytheriver posted:

the buyers wish to inform you that they will be serving notice upon exchange of contracts giving you 2 months to vacate.

Lol no they won't.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I can't see that they'll be that fussed to throw money at you to go away? Like surely they'll just accept that they'll have to wait for 6 months to a year to get possession, during which they'll still be being paid rent anyway. Really what would be worst for them is if two of the flats vacate now but you stick it out for a year or something so they only get 1 third of the rent they otherwise would have got.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bornbytheriver posted:

My other concern now is that if one of the tenants does decide to vacate, the building work will start and I'll be effectively spending my time on a construction site. I am working from home and really, really don't want to be surrounded by wall breaking and construction.

Not that its necessarily helpful but if their plans need permission you should be able to look up online with your local planning authority to see what they are intending to do. They might not need this or have lodged them yet but maybe it would give you some clue as to how bad and noisy any works are likely to be?#

ALso you have the right to quiet enjoyment of the property or something like that which you might be able to argue they are breaking and stop them until after youve left or get compensation. Probably the podcast guy knows more about this and can advise better...

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 13, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bornbytheriver posted:

This chimes in with a separate request the letting agency sent last Wednesday asking that I let a 'contractor to attend to carry out an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate)'.

They will have needed this to sell the house.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Strange isn't it how billionaires tend to struggle to stay grounded in reality.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

4th day back at school and the year 2 teachers are both having to self isolate. Lol except not lol.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I think my longest commute was when I was a school boy.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I've heard, reliable source (ex MP), tomorrow's govt covid meeting is discussing a 9pm curfew. Sage want it, ministers don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Dunno. That was just me quoting a message in a group WhatsApp by the way. I don't actually consider an ex MP a reliable source.