Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, the genie's out of the bottle here: after 6 months of this, it's utterly undeniable that for a huge swathe of the population, there's absolutely no need for them to be in the office every day and that can't be wished away again.

The Tories and their mates in the press can demand that we all get back to 'normal' as much as they want but businesses will make the decisions that are best for them: crucially, managers aren't scared of having staff work from home any more and can see how their companies can save money by allowing it.

I admit I am in the minority here, as is my partner (we work on the same business park but different departments) having a 20-30 minute commute to work but we both did have to commute via bus to the city which was an hour each way in our old jobs, so we know the burn of tossing ~£100 a month on commuting costs alone. If anything our work-life balance has improved dramatically and we bang on about this whenever we get asked for feedback on the current working arrangements; we can get chores done during the downtime moments, we're eating the food I buy instead of spending for convenience, and we get more sleep which makes us more productive and mentally healthy. It's a win all around for us and there's still no word of when our teams will be going back to the office.

Also it's fun to watch the bastard business higher-ups get into a rabid dog fight with the bastard landlords and the bastard government trying to walk a tightrope of who to support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
"You are critical of the government."

What dimension has this ITV News reporter been living in?