Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

E: nm

Debbie Does Dagon fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Someone ordered that when I was working in a pub. It’s a joke drink because it just foams up.

You have to knock the gas out of the lemonade first by giving it a good stir.

e: Source: Eight years bartending at a holiday camp/retirement caravan park for alcoholics from Stoke.

Debbie Does Dagon fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 6, 2020

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

I've worked with bartenders who refuse to serve snakebite because "It can kill people if they have a reaction". I always assumed it was an urban legend.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

What's snakebite again? Uni was a while ago

It's just lager poured on cider. Don't do it the other way around, because it will explode.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Back in my local in rural Wales, we had an old lad who used to drink the drip trays at the end of the night. It was also the kind of pub that would have a lock-in on most days, because the landlord didn't want to drink alone. It was a fun place though. Any time a drag queen would be passing through the landlord would always ask them to perform, which was a hell of an experience in a pub with a max occupancy of 20, and was full of flat caps clapping and cheering along to "I am what I am". I think it's a Marstons gastropub now :smith:

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Gambrinus posted:

Where on earth were you in rural Wales that had drag queens "passing through"?

Near the North coast. They were probably headed toward Llandudno I'd expect, or back toward Liverpool. You'd be surprised how many small acts toured sleepy villages in the '90s. Most of them were poo poo of course, especially the comedians who were still recycling material from the '70s, but at least the drag queens were fun and memorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I stayed up, but not willingly. Anxiety over this has hosed my sleeping ability.

This is exactly where I am. I still feel like staying awake, but I'm not sure what the point would be.