Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

Ben Baldwin's ranking system which is obviously good and true and has the Chiefs and Jaguars as roughly equal teams with the Bears after 1 game.

Good lord that's a bad chart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Disagree I think it's perfect

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wish I understood that chart

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kalli posted:

Ben Baldwin's ranking system which is obviously good and true and has the Chiefs and Jaguars as roughly equal teams with the Bears after 1 game.

this does nothing to help sort out the dak vs garrapolo argument!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Barudak posted:

Wish I understood that chart

no one understands the chart. they're just all afraid to admit it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That chart tells us that the Buccaneers played way better then the Saints which is obvious, duh.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens best team in the league confirmed by dubious chart

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

hey the dolphins made the chart this year! :unsmith:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Ignore the lines forming a power level tier ranking and seek the truth that is the browns are bad, ravens & hawks good

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Banner year for bird teams imo*

* Non Falcons

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Negative EPA for defense is good?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Negative EPA for defense is good?

Yes. Basically for every play the defense removed .2 expected points in the case of Washington.

Course, it helps to playing against a team that's offensive line is missing 4 starters but

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

In case anyone missed the game and is wondering why the Seattle offense actually did stuff before the fourth quarter; Pete actually let Russell throw on early downs and let him go for it on fourth downs.

Brave new world.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
The key takeaways there are that the Patriots are a top 3 team besides the Ravens and Seahawks, and the Saints and 49ers are worthless trash along with other perennial joke teams like the Lions, Cowboys, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, and Browns. Yup, chart checks out.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This was meant for the other thread

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 14, 2020

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Supporting pedophiles is easily worth -4 tiers according to that chart. Possibly more?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I feel like I'm going crazy, does anyone know where to find the actual starters for a football game? Like, the game already happened so there should be some sort of list somewhere, but all google is finding is projected starters and fantasy stats.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sharknado slashfic posted:

I feel like I'm going crazy, does anyone know where to find the actual starters for a football game? Like, the game already happened so there should be some sort of list somewhere, but all google is finding is projected starters and fantasy stats.

PFR has it, assuming you're asking about the Ravens this was their week 1 game. Scroll down a bit for starters.

They also have snap counts.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

PFR has it, assuming you're asking about the Ravens this was their week 1 game. Scroll down a bit for starters.

They also have snap counts.

TYVM

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
listening to two buttnuts on Boston sports radio debate whether or not Cam Newton's chain is of respectable enough quality. football is back

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Browns waived their kicker already. At least we have *checks notes* Cody Par— gently caress

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Browns waived their kicker already. At least we have *checks notes* Cody Par— gently caress

makes sense after he lost the game for the browns, still can't believe he missed all 11 fg attempts

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Cody Parkey was unjustly framed. The double doink was tipped by a lineman. It wasn’t his fault!

Justice for Cody Parkey!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

The Patriots having high EPA on both sides of the ball is a bit of a surprise given how the offense looked with Cam. I guess they did a lot more on the ground than I noticed.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Someone elsewhere pointed out that on non fake punts the Scottish Hammer lined up offset to the center, and on the fake punt he lined up directly behind.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It was a terrible point to call a fake punt, but that aside, there was also a key blown block on that play too.

Scottish Hammer still rules.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ASAPRockySituation posted:

The Patriots having high EPA on both sides of the ball is a bit of a surprise given how the offense looked with Cam. I guess they did a lot more on the ground than I noticed.

Turns out when you end a game with 217 yards rushing, none of them individually have to look very impressive.

I didn't think the number was anywhere near that, because the rushing totals are pretty lol

Cam 15 / 75
Sony Michael 10 / 37
Rex Burkhead 7 / 32
JJ Taylor 4 / 28
Edelman 1 / 23
James White 5 / 22

I know the Pats are typically bad in fantasy leagues outside of Brady / Gronk, but this year might be really something.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

I need a chart with teams that JUST WIN GAMES.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Turns out when you end a game with 217 yards rushing, none of them individually have to look very impressive.

I didn't think the number was anywhere near that, because the rushing totals are pretty lol

Cam 15 / 75
Sony Michael 10 / 37
Rex Burkhead 7 / 32
JJ Taylor 4 / 28
Edelman 1 / 23
James White 5 / 22

I know the Pats are typically bad in fantasy leagues outside of Brady / Gronk, but this year might be really something.

Yeah, the game also ended really early. Probably literally just fewer plays run than in a typical game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The NFL is dead y’all. Wrap it up.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1305580778110230533

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1305582985555726342

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

ILL NEVER WATCH THE NFL AGAIN WITH ALL THOSE POLITICS GOOD LUCK!!!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

I need a chart with teams that JUST WIN GAMES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUUPNzF3-2Q

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ben Baldwin chart has Seahawks as the best team in the league. Shocking.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Yeah, the game also ended really early. Probably literally just fewer plays run than in a typical game.

Yeah, sure was nice to cut into 3 more games before the brodcast ended because there were still like 8 minutes to go in some games when it wrapped up.

The Pats having a 12 play, nearly 8 minute drive that ended with a fumble through the endzone sure did wonders to shorten that game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I have to watch this every time it's posted. Best song of the decade.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ben Baldwin chart has Seahawks as the best team in the league. Shocking.

That's just EPA which is pretty straight forward, you want to add in his completion percentage stat to get to his DAKOTA rankings which is where the magic is. I'm really just posting this only to lol at Wentz.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1305589838800924674

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kalli posted:

That's just EPA which is pretty straight forward, you want to add in his completion percentage stat to get to his DAKOTA rankings which is where the magic is. I'm really just posting this only to lol at Wentz.

Russ, Lamar, A A Ron and Gardner Minshew - checks out

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Kalli posted:

Cam 15 / 75
Sony Michael 10 / 37
Rex Burkhead 7 / 32
JJ Taylor 4 / 28
Edelman 1 / 23
James White 5 / 22

I don't think there's any way that's sustainable. That's on pace for 40% more carries than Newton has ever had in a season. Maybe it'll be safer now that the pendulum has mysteriously swung from letting defenses tee off on him into protecting him at all costs, but I'm skeptical it'll work out that way on the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm glad it's looking like Minshew's performance last year wasn't a fluke, we need more good young QB's and less Sam Darnolds and Baker Mayfields.