Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 70 46.36%
No 81 53.64%
Total: 151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fine. Sorry for bringing it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm just now seeing some reports that when Trump went randomly to Walter Reed he as likely having a stroke:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/mike-pence-was-on-standby-to-take-over-as-trump-made-unexpected-visit-to-walter-reed-hospital-report/

Not much up yet confirming this theory though.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Trump probably has microstrokes all the time. Between the stress, age, and all the chemicals he's pumped into himself over the years he's a husk of a skinsuit.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

ASAPI posted:

I'm just now seeing some reports that when Trump went randomly to Walter Reed he as likely having a stroke:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/mike-pence-was-on-standby-to-take-over-as-trump-made-unexpected-visit-to-walter-reed-hospital-report/

Wait so he's not having a stroke right now?

Aww...:smith:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I mean, he very well might be

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Every time he talks it’s hard to prove he’s not.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You're reading way too much into my thread title word choice here. I thought it sounded funnier this way.

I'm all about avoiding confrontation and not making y'all mad, so could I suggest a thread title change to BLACK ANTIFA SUPERSOLDIER PLANES

https://twitter.com/Timodc/status/1300820366122655745?s=19

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1300837782898827265?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Or, ON THE ONE YARD LINE

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1300815396950478849?s=19

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1300838937632612352?s=19

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Wave to your children over Zoom as they struggle to breathe!

Motherfuckers.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

New Samuel L. Jackson script lookin good.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Also shooting a guy because he .... dropped.... his gun? Wtf

The future of law enforcement!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
loving inception-rear end bullshit on Twitter Dot Com today:

https://twitter.com/betsyscribeindc/status/1300838223854346241?s=19

EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS TWEET IS DEAD

BETSY ROTHSTEIN IS DEAD

HERMAN CAIN IS DEAD

THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THE DEAD

Lachlan is pretty rad though.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Hannibal Rex posted:

I don't remember what it was from but it was cops saying "stop and we'll shoot!"
"Don't you mean or you'll shoot?"
"We know what we said!"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hannibal Rex posted:

The future is now!

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Not precisely a current event, but something I'm thinking about a lot since our president's detour about a planeload of antifa.

https://twitter.com/NuclearAnthro/status/1216667919406354432

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

ASAPI posted:

I dunno how that could be confirmed unless he was obviously incapacitated. He'd never admit to it, he won't even wear glasses in public.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Stravag posted:

I don't remember what it was from but it was cops saying "stop and we'll shoot!"
"Don't you mean or you'll shoot?"
"We know what we said!"

I dunno if they originated it, but the Team Four Star abridgement of the DBZ Bardick movie definitely made this joke.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Remora posted:

I dunno if they originated it, but the Team Four Star abridgement of the DBZ Bardick movie definitely made this joke.

That may be it then. It was a while ago

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Lake of Methane posted:

Not precisely a current event, but something I'm thinking about a lot since our president's detour about a planeload of antifa.

https://twitter.com/NuclearAnthro/status/1216667919406354432

NAMETO works better. Even phonetically works like the old name, too. NAME-TOH. Or NAM-EATO if you're nasty.

Checkmate, Trump. :smuggo:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Oh, I get it. Trump makes a lot of golf analogies because he's always having strokes.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Much like the police he lies about his shots.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

NAMETO works better. Even phonetically works like the old name, too. NAME-TOH. Or NAM-EATO if you're nasty.

Checkmate, Trump. :smuggo:

NAMETO: SEATO PART 2

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Donnie Stroke poo poo got traced back to literally some random former Clinton dude on CNN speculating out loud once. So naturally, Donnie decided he needed to tweet, get a doctor's statement, and then dictate whatever the gently caress this is:

https://twitter.com/HenryJGomez/status/1300899536060194824?s=19

That Walter Reed trip must've been for something weird!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

gg

quote:

The Trump administration said it will use its quarantine authority to keep renters in their homes during the coronavirus pandemic as a way to prevent an eviction crisis that could worsen economic strains.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention plans to temporarily halt evictions of consumers earning no more than $99,000 a year to prevent the virus from spreading, a senior administration official said Tuesday. The policy will take effect immediately.

The administration is acting unilaterally after failing to reach a deal with lawmakers over another round of stimulus relief funding, aimed in part at keeping renters in their homes.

To obtain the relief, renters must assert they are incapable of paying their rent or are likely to become homeless if kicked out of their property, the administration official said.

Individuals who received a coronavirus stimulus check earlier this year also qualify for the protection, as do couples who jointly file their taxes and expect to earn less than $198,000.

The move is an unprecedented use of executive authority, and may face legal challenges from landlords who have seen rental income evaporate during the crisis. But administration officials believe they have the ability under a federal law that allows the CDC to order emergency measures when it determines that state and local governments haven’t taken sufficient steps to prevent the spread of a communicable disease.

A White House lawyer who asked not to be identified discussing the measure said that the CDC Director has authority to take measures he deems reasonably necessary to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.

“President Trump is committed to helping hardworking Americans stay in their homes and combating the spread of the coronavirus,” White House spokesman Brian Morgenstern said in a statement. “Today’s announcement from his Administration means that people struggling to pay rent due to coronavirus will not have to worry about being evicted, and risk further spreading of or exposure to the disease due to economic hardship.”

Officials said the administration had made available stimulus funds to help offset the impact of the order for landlords and property owners. Roughly one in five American renters -- between 19 million and 23 million people -- are at risk of eviction by the end of September, according to an analysis by the Aspen Institute.

“This unprecedented action is further proof that President Trump is doing everything in his power to keep the American people safe and secure in their homes,” Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson said in a statement.

Those seeking eviction relief will still be required to pay as much rent as they can afford. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said earlier Tuesday that the actions taken by the administration could impact “close to” 40 million renters.

President Donald Trump’s effort to suspend evictions under the CDC order follows executive orders he signed in early August after negotiators were unable to strike a deal on another round of stimulus funding. Trump’s other executive orders were designed to provide a temporary payroll tax deferral for some workers, increase state unemployment benefits, and freeze federal student loans.

Democrats have noted the administration has struggled to implement the unilateral tax and unemployment benefits, and called for the White House to increase its willingness to spend as part of the next round of funding. The Democratic-controlled House passed a bill in May that included $100 billion for rental assistance, but the White House and Senate Republicans have said the package – with a price tag over $3 trillion – is too high.

Mnuchin said he plans to speak with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi about continuing those talks later Tuesday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-01/white-house-says-cdc-will-halt-evictions-using-quarantine-rules

So it only lasts to the end of the year, and only covers eviction due to nonpayment of rent, but, lol.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Is.... that a good thing?

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

The Donnie Stroke poo poo got traced back to literally some random former Clinton dude on CNN speculating out loud once. So naturally, Donnie decided he needed to tweet, get a doctor's statement, and then dictate whatever the gently caress this is:

https://twitter.com/HenryJGomez/status/1300899536060194824?s=19

That Walter Reed trip must've been for something weird!

He's just pissed off people are calling them mini-strokes. If the media said they were massive strokes he'd be screaming about how doctors had never seen strokes as big as his.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

It broadly sounds good, but the devil will probably be in the details. Its probably funded by stealing more from FEMA.

Speaking of stealing from FEMA, has there been any more about this:

Doc Hawkins posted:

President Donald Trump’s effort to suspend evictions under the CDC order follows executive orders he signed in early August after negotiators were unable to strike a deal on another round of stimulus funding. Trump’s other executive orders were designed to provide a temporary payroll tax deferral for some workers, increase state unemployment benefits, and freeze federal student loans.

Democrats have noted the administration has struggled to implement the unilateral tax and unemployment benefits, and called for the White House to increase its willingness to spend as part of the next round of funding. The Democratic-controlled House passed a bill in May that included $100 billion for rental assistance, but the White House and Senate Republicans have said the package – with a price tag over $3 trillion – is too high.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I guess that depends if you would you rather tens of million families be thrown out of their houses in the next few months, or just one.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

"Biden evicted millions of Americans!"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Stravag posted:

Ah yes, now that he dropped his gun its time to open fire.

They didn't just open fire. 2 Cops mag dumped into him. 20 rounds.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

He's gonna mint the trillion dollar coin and flank biden from the economic left lmao

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I work for a payroll processing company and we had to send out an email today to all our clients basically saying: we don't really have any idea what's going on with that EO that goes into effect today because nobody has tested it so...we aren't ending the payroll tax in our system. If you want to do that we will charge you a lot of money to do so. Lol.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm just gonna assume there's an opposite of a silver lining in there somewhere.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm just gonna assume there's an opposite of a silver lining in there somewhere.

They'll be something in there about paying it back in some form of non-dischargeable debt, future income tax etc.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Fister Roboto posted:

Here's the opposite of the silver lining:

https://twitter.com/dianeyentel/status/1300906281885196290

Like said before, all missed rent becomes due, in a lump, once the order expires. Landlords have to also accept the paperwork, which tenants might not even know about and you know the landlords aren't going to advertise it. Also, expect a massive lawsuit from landlords that don't give a gently caress about PR.

Previous actions, and the Democratic bill stalled in Congress, combined this type of action, plus giving people money, plus upping the unemployment benefit. Donnie/Republicans kicked out two legs of that three legged stool and declared mission accomplished.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Are the landlords permitted to charge an interest rate of their own choosing on the accumulating rent owed each month yet?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I mean wouldn't just not receiving a stimulus check be a huge gently caress off?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lake of Methane posted:

Are the landlords permitted to charge an interest rate of their own choosing on the accumulating rent owed each month yet?

It's OK, they never pay the interest on your deposit return so I am sure they won't charge interest on this.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

haha, "return"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Lake of Methane posted:

penalties for late payment are allowed