Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Taylor the mad man lewan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Julio
Aj
Henry

JAH JAH JAH

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Yea

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Julio

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Don't forget

Big

Jeff

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
TITAN UP

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Metapod posted:

Honor Landry

I’m thinking about that Landry

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I've been going through Football Outsiders' archives recently and I really enjoy reading what were the current hot takes and analysis in its infancy with the benefit of hindsight. In particular, it's weird reading how big a deal Brady Quinn was supposed to be the year he came out and now looking up his lifetime stats. Holy poo poo what a flame out. I don't remember a lot of hype about Quinn back then and his crash and burn was Ryan Leaf like.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

I've been going through Football Outsiders' archives recently and I really enjoy reading what were the current hot takes and analysis in its infancy with the benefit of hindsight. In particular, it's weird reading how big a deal Brady Quinn was supposed to be the year he came out and now looking up his lifetime stats. Holy poo poo what a flame out. I don't remember a lot of hype about Quinn back then and his crash and burn was Ryan Leaf like.

In reality, the top QB prospects are always hyped. No matter what, the top prospects in each class will be talked about like they're Andrew Luck. It doesn't matter if they're of that quality or not. He was just in a terrible class. Everyone knew Russell was a strong armed guy who wasn't a really good QB, but the Raiders had to Raider. Quinn was considered to be the best of the class, which was a bad class. He's probably ACTUALLY still the best QB of that class? It was awful. The non-QB part of that class is nutty though.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 11, 2021

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

He only went in the 20s, right? For a QB that’s like going in the fifth

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Thank you, God bless America, and may God continue to protect our troops.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Must be a Jags fan with them nasty rear end junk Florida fingernails~

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Reminder that the Jaguars took a punter in the third round with Russell Wilson still on the board and RB Leonard Fournette in 2017 with Desean Watson and Pat Mahomes still in the mix. I know you cna do this with every team but the Jags for a long time have been picking in the top 5 and do an amazing job of loving that up.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

Reminder that the Jaguars took a punter in the third round with Russell Wilson still on the board and RB Leonard Fournette in 2017 with Desean Watson and Pat Mahomes still in the mix. I know you cna do this with every team but the Jags for a long time have been picking in the top 5 and do an amazing job of loving that up.

Remember that time the Titans took Corey Davis the pick after Fournette? Only one of them has a ring.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Speaking as a Texans fan, in 2021, I wish the Jaguars had drafted Deshaun Watson.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, we're so bad that our 2020 first round pick already retired

(checks earpiece) I'm getting a note from the producers, that was actually the Titans, moving on

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh well I'll take solace in the 2 greatest Alabama offensive players will be suiting up this year for the titans

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

Oh well I'll take solace in the 2 greatest Alabama offensive players will be suiting up this year for the titans

Joe Namath is suiting up for the Tits?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

EvilBeard posted:

Joe Namath is suiting up for the Tits?

I guess he’s backing up Ken Stabler…

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Metapod posted:

Don’t say things about TRich you can’t take back.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I am excited to watch Derrick Henry make pro footballmen look like pee wee children trying to tackle him

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1420001326013026318?s=20

indy off to a great start

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Probably Carson wentz’s fault tbh

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Probably Carson wentz’s fault tbh

more like carson wont'z

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if Wentz were a real leader he’d be “leading” his teammates into a Walgreen’s

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
JRob said today in a presser that the Titans are up to 90% of the team vaccinated, that's awesome

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/terrymc13/status/1420837051201687556?s=19
rip

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/Titans/status/1420883567182295040?s=20

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

if i were peter pan and needed a happy thought to fly i would simply remember earl talking so much poo poo and then getting absolutely dealt with when his time came

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Carson wentz is already injured. Lmao

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Well gently caress Colts may have a chance to win the division now!!!!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Wentz getting surgery, timetable is 5-12 weeks. Titan up

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts get to keep their first rounder and Eason will prove he's the best QB in the division

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow tannehill is the new Peyton dominating a bunch of incompetent injured teams on way to the playoffs 😤

Titans 14-3 soon

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
colts will still with the division because the world is a bunch of bullshit

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Inexplicable 9-8 second place season for the Jaguars incoming

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm not worried about Wentz. I guess he had an old injury and a little chip of bone came off in this foot. They're just gonna take the chip out. So there no real "healing" from the injury, just surgical recovery. Shouldn't be too bad.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

EvilBeard posted:

I'm not worried about Wentz. I guess he had an old injury and a little chip of bone came off in this foot. They're just gonna take the chip out. So there no real "healing" from the injury, just surgical recovery. Shouldn't be too bad.
On the flipside, the track record of the Colts predicting how long their starting QB is gonna be out is... not great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

JT Jag posted:

On the flipside, the track record of the Colts predicting how long their starting QB is gonna be out is... not great!