Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

soggybagel posted:

This whole menards derail is really cracking me up.

Derail? This is the Menards thread, the mods just tolerate football details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
When they cancel the season this year this entire forum is going to be about Menards

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

AsInHowe posted:

Menards is notorious for labor abuse in the name of being cheap, so your brother is a hero.

If we're being honest I'm sure almost all major retailers are notoriously bad. Isn't home depot guy a major Trump donor.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Athanatos posted:

When they cancel the season this year this entire forum is going to be about Menards

If I can fit Dalvin Cook in this paper bag, his contract is 10% off.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I can't wait to watch the Lions scored 30 points and barely win / lose every game this year.

Training camp reports really highlight how rolling the offense is (as expected).

But it's against the Detroit "Defense".

Reminder that the Lions head coach is a rapist who got hired for his defensive acumen.

Also, Patricia is a huge fan of running the ball. Before game days last year, Patricia would burst into Bevells hotel room at night and force his running the ball philosophy into Bevell.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

MORE WARM SEASON'S GREETINGS TO YOU ALL FROM MENARD'S

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 2, 2020

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
can i get a power ranking on jordan love and the tittie kisser?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hizawk posted:

I can't wait to watch the Lions scored 30 points and barely win / lose every game this year.

Training camp reports really highlight how rolling the offense is (as expected).

But it's against the Detroit "Defense".

Reminder that the Lions head coach is a rapist who got hired for his defensive acumen.

Also, Patricia is a huge fan of running the ball. Before game days last year, Patricia would burst into Bevells hotel room at night and force his running the ball philosophy into Bevell.

Why does he insist on running the ball every first down? It's like the worst of 90s football. What a bad bad bad , bad bad coach, GM, hyphenated heiress owner, and so on. Mike Williams come back. We need you Mike

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

MORE SEASON'S GREETINGS TO YOU ALL FROM MENARD'S

it's warm season's greetings but I can still hear it perfectly anyways

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

soggybagel posted:

If we're being honest I'm sure almost all major retailers are notoriously bad. Isn't home depot guy a major Trump donor.

My understanding is the founder of Home Depot is a major Trump backer, but he’s no longer part of the business. Home Depot is still awful to their employees though - hosed up scheduling, under-scheduling, managers who I’m guessing don’t know how to use their workforce/scheduling software, low wages, etc. etc. etc.

The corporation tries not to tie itself to any politician or party as explicitly as the founder does, but I’m sure if you look at the corporation’s political donations, it’s probably 2-1 to the GOP.

John Menard is a fascist who instituted an internal leadership program which is basically an ideological purity test.

Lowe’s fired a bunch of longtime employees and then told them they can re-apply for starting wage.

Ace never has what i need, tells me to go to “one of the big box stores,” when I ask for it, there’s never any customers in there, so I think it’s probably just a money laundering front at this point.

Shop Ace! :thumbsup:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Ace is at least locally owned franchises. I shop at them mainly because my friend's family owns the one in my town, though.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

If Bears players were departments at Menards, Trubisky would be their grocery section. Foles would be in marital aides.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/WGNNews/status/1301111403445661696?s=20

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

soggybagel posted:

Costco treats its employees pretty well, at least compared to the rest of major retailers.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Aye yo someone get ya boy.

https://twitter.com/michaelpRTD/status/1301134225299603457

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im a vikings fan now

e: not because of the kirk cousins thing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LabyaMynora posted:

My understanding is the founder of Home Depot is a major Trump backer, but he’s no longer part of the business. Home Depot is still awful to their employees though - hosed up scheduling, under-scheduling, managers who I’m guessing don’t know how to use their workforce/scheduling software, low wages, etc. etc. etc.

The corporation tries not to tie itself to any politician or party as explicitly as the founder does, but I’m sure if you look at the corporation’s political donations, it’s probably 2-1 to the GOP.

John Menard is a fascist who instituted an internal leadership program which is basically an ideological purity test.

Lowe’s fired a bunch of longtime employees and then told them they can re-apply for starting wage.

Ace never has what i need, tells me to go to “one of the big box stores,” when I ask for it, there’s never any customers in there, so I think it’s probably just a money laundering front at this point.

no ethical consumption but especially none when it comes to home improvement stores, got it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Cousins has always been a dumb chud right

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It’s amazing how many people turned into Christian Scientists when COVID happened.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

ESPN story with more dumb poo poo said by Kirk: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29793295/die-die

Also that URL is hilarious

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

There's only none :(

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
^^^^ talk about pictures you can hear

Bob ROHRRRMann. :(

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Home Depot > Menards. Come at me.

Also Trubs will go 1-5 this season.

Lol at the idea we make it to week 6

420_Power_Rangers fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 2, 2020

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Kirk have big mouth.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Beethovens Fist Symphony posted:

it's warm season's greetings but I can still hear it perfectly anyways

Derp, I think I once knew that and forgot.

LabyaMynora posted:

How do you feel about Crafty Beaver?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Michael Rapaport has some thoughts to share about Kirk Cousins and COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/michaelrapaport/status/1301197659122749440?s=21

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I’ve been going there a lot recently. Just wish they were bigger. I go in there a lot and end up with only half of what I need, or getting something that works, but not what I planned to use.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
speaking as a vikes fan I too am ok with kirk dying. but only if it waives his remaining cap hit

also I never know what the gently caress y'all are talking about when local hardware store chat starts up but Home Hardware 4 life :canada:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1301201592398606337?s=20

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Matt Nagy seems like a real joy to be around

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Raku posted:

Matt Nagy seems like a real joy to be around

For Trubisky at least

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

Hey, Chi-goons: 773-202 *boop BOOP boop*

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL, APPLIANCES TOO!

gently caress that fit it in the bag poo poo, Menards around here has had the 11% rebate going since lockdown started. Also they were the first place in this area with a mandatory mask policy, so snaps to them for that.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

MORE WARM SEASON'S GREETINGS TO YOU ALL FROM MENARD'S

I always hear it as "more seasons greetings", even though I know it's not.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dimestore Merlin posted:

loving...luna...stop with the brainworms

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Kirk is stupid but at least he has the decency in his comments be like, I respect people and will wear one.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dimestore Merlin posted:

Yeah ok enjoy your hard wood but can you get an 11% rebate on it?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Never heard of it. I don’t go to strip clubs.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I know everybody’s worked up about Covid, but “if I die, I die” is actually a pretty healthy and appropriate attitude for anyone standing behind that o-line.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Someone tweet Nagy the suicide hotline number

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

We had one in LaGrange that amused us as idiot high schoolers.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is truly a dark day (also on-topic!)

https://twitter.com/KevinKaduk/status/1301149722997071872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

This is very dumb and all but we’ve known he’s a big bible thumper. He’s also saying straight up that he wears one for other people’s sake so really who gives a poo poo.