Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Way to blow the undefeated week, Denver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
3 timeouts your opponent is about to score 1 minute left used none of them lmao

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I forget who said it in the main thread but I too can respect going all in on the possibility of a missed chip shot field goal. I hope he makes decisions like that every week.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The offense had a lot of good things going for it and could've done with better playcalling. Should've been calling the game like those field goals didn't miss. That possession after we got the ball back after stopping another Titans advance was especially frustrating. I think our players are good, I have hope for Drew Lock (it's game 6 for him, not even a full season behind this), but our defense looks lackluster (:rip: Von, Bouye). I don't know. There were moments where the team was awesome and other moments where it was a trainwreck.

I am actually feeling more confident than past seasons. Wildcard if things work out, 6-10 if they don't. I'm an optimistic young buck..

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The offense had a lot of good things going for it and could've done with better playcalling. Should've been calling the game like those field goals didn't miss. That possession after we got the ball back after stopping another Titans advance was especially frustrating. I think our players are good, I have hope for Drew Lock (it's game 6 for him, not even a full season behind this), but our defense looks lackluster (:rip: Von, Bouye). I don't know. There were moments where the team was awesome and other moments where it was a trainwreck.

I am actually feeling more confident than past seasons. Wildcard if things work out, 6-10 if they don't. I'm an optimistic young buck..

Drew Locks parents closed the only ramen restaurant near me while it was wildly successfully and delicious. This has only strengthened my hatred for the Broncos.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Drew Locks parents closed the only ramen restaurant near me while it was wildly successfully and delicious. This has only strengthened my hatred for the Broncos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbF1nOzIpJA

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Vic Fangio seems like a terrible coach

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's really amazing how bad some professional coaches are at such a basic facet of the job. It makes you wonder what they're bungling off field that we never get to see.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Same. The following players look fab:

Jurrell Casey
Justin Simmons
Kareem Jackson
Jerry Jeudy
Noah Fant
Melvyn Gordon

But yeah Fangio blew that pretty bad. But ALSO Lock had more than one instance of having no grasp of the present situation. He threw an inaccurate endzone bomb with like 3 minutes left when all they needed to do was dink/dunk and eat clock.

The fact that we were in the game at all was kind of a farce anyway. Looking forward to Sutton+Jeudy+Fant at some point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

He threw an inaccurate endzone bomb with like 3 minutes left when all they needed to do was dink/dunk and eat clock.

I don't see this as the problem other than the inaccurate throw (I would worry about that of course). Someone said they saw a guy open in the middle when that happened but really the guy he was throwing to ended up wide open and if that's the read it's the read...it was just a bad throw. I will note it was third and 8, not like he could just toss it to a guy in the flat and convert automatically. More of a coaching problem if it is a problem, I don't think he went off script there.

In the immediate 'don't flush out of the league' sense I feel better about his chances. I count that as a win for him both as a Mizzou fan and an interested Broncos hater who's seen both of their recent draft picks :shrug:

I'm not crowning him or anything obviously, I just expected to be a lot more pessimistic than I am about him.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Whew Noah Fant looked good, he’s gonna be a problem

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
raiders have no defense and are gonna get housed

or maybe I'm wrong and bridgewater is just that good, idk

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Chokes McGee posted:

raiders have no defense and are gonna get housed

or maybe I'm wrong and bridgewater is just that good, idk

Paul Guenther is a trash coordinator + there's a lot of young players on the Defense, we're getting clowned on national television as usual.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Black Sunshine posted:

Paul Guenther is a trash coordinator + there's a lot of young players on the Defense, we're getting clowned on national television as usual.

He was passable for The Bengals when he basically had just taken over the players that Zimmer had coached up, But he never developed his own players and the defense just kept getting worse and worse the longer Zimmer had been gone. Week one seemed to show this trend reversing, but in general the last 4-5 years of Cinci football is completely unacceptable considering the amount of salary the bengals have invested in defensive players.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Black Sunshine posted:

At least the offense is fun to watch :shobon:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
How is Marinelli as a DC? Sounds like he had decent to good defenses but no clue how much is him vs what he inherited.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

At least the offense is fun to watch :shobon:
Oh absolutely. I'm used to seeing dumpster fires on defense so it's just business as usual there. I'm pretty drat excited to see how the offense progresses throughout the year.

japtor posted:

How is Marinelli as a DC? Sounds like he had decent to good defenses but no clue how much is him vs what he inherited.
The word on forums/podcasts seems to be that he wants nothing to do with being a full-on D-coordinator. He's 71 and they're probably paying him enough money to be a high level assistant that he doesn't want the headaches so I can see that. I'm pretty sure it would take a miracle for Gruden to fire his buddy Guenther anyway.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

Oh absolutely. I'm used to seeing dumpster fires on defense so it's just business as usual there. I'm pretty drat excited to see how the offense progresses throughout the year.
I figure the ideal for this season would be that magical combination of fun offense and just enough timely defense.

Or the Panthers have an amazing offense. Yes that must be it.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

japtor posted:

I figure the ideal for this season would be that magical combination of fun offense and just enough timely defense.

I too remember 2016 fondly

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

japtor posted:

Or the Panthers have an amazing offense. Yes that must be it.

teddy bridgewater to the championship game bay beeeeee

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
related to nothing sunshine but it's heartening in these times to see you still have screaming football yandere as your avatar

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

I'm ready for 12-4 with 12 point total win differential for the season.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

super bowl 51 was one of the greatest experiences of my life

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
David Bowie died the same weekend as that Bengals playoff loss.

It wasn't a good time.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

related to nothing sunshine but it's heartening in these times to see you still have screaming football yandere as your avatar

It was a well earned avatar from a simpler time and I wear it as a badge of honor. Lesson learned, don't make goons mad.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Black Sunshine posted:

It was a well earned avatar from a simpler time and I wear it as a badge of honor. Lesson learned, don't make goons mad.

tell me you can't imagine that girl just randomly screaming your AV text at people at the top of her lungs for no reason

you'd be a liar

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

tell me you can't imagine that girl just randomly screaming your AV text at people at the top of her lungs for no reason

you'd be a liar

Absolutely. It's the witch from Left 4 Dead and in-game she just sits down and cries until you get close enough to piss her off then she starts running toward you screaming and then claws your face off so your description is perfect!

VVVVVVV got a link? I have more hours in that game than is healthy for any human and I'm intrigued.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 17, 2020

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh man the cKnoor LP of Left For Dead is a top 3 series. I'd put it up with Freelance Astronauts New Mario.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 17, 2020

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Sutton’s active today

Let’s gooooooo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Jeff Piss-kel

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Good game KC

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You took a lot of heat for Herbert.

He has winner qualities. He should have run for the first down instead of throwing that pick but at times I felt that quiet desperation of unless he makes a mistake he's going to just Brady-chew clock and win

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
For sure. Mahomes did that his first full season. Felt he was the only one who could make plays and forced the crazy throw near the end of games.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Butker might be the GOAT

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that Butker kicked a 77 yarder in practice

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

quote:

It took only two weeks for the 2020 Broncos to skip straight to the "Final Destination" portion of the program: Who knows how the next game will end? But you can place a legal bet that it’s going to hurt.

Please, for the love of Broncos Country, make it stop. As if it wasn’t enough to see the Broncos have a great shot to win a difficult game — only to lose, again — it’s starting to look like the prized young quarterback is injury prone.

It took only five games for the Broncos to shape an entire draft around Lock, and for Broncos fanatics across the globe to label Lock the franchise quarterback. But if a small sample size is enough to argue Lock is the next big thing, a hand injury last season and the shoulder injury he suffered Sunday is enough evidence that he’s inching toward that far-worse label: injury prone.

Lock is expected to miss 2-6 weeks with a shoulder injury, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Sunday evening. He’ll undergo an MRI Monday for confirmation. Till then, cross your fingers.

“We’ll have some more answers then,” coach Vic Fangio said.

After that, cross your fingers again.

:lol: who could have ever anticipated this? Elway strikes again!

The broncos are going to be a Cleveland Browns level dynasty of poo poo for years to come. There is no light at any tunnel, and the combination of idiot Bowlen kids + idiot Elway is an unstoppable force of poo poo.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Sutton’s active today

Let’s gooooooo

Sutton’s out for the season.

Let’s go...home. :(

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I had super low expectations going into this Broncos season, but I thought "at least we'll get to see how this young offense progresses!" and whelp

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
raiders offense has the capability to score lots of points but our defense is basically made of those cardboard cutouts MLB uses so

this should be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

:rip: Sutton and Lock. ugh