Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Strobe posted:

The only thing that I don't hate about this is the small chance that Aaron Rodgers ends his career getting absolutely bodied by the Chiefs defense like Peyton did.
That doesn’t sound right, all I remember is Peyton “The Sheriff” ending his career hoisting the Lombardi trophy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

wyoak posted:

That doesn’t sound right, all I remember is Peyton “The Sheriff” ending his career hoisting the Lombardi trophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSGBxUo6F1A

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I’ll admit I laughed pretty hard at “Cake Bossweiler”

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Apparently Bashaud Breeland is leaving the chiefs. Not ideal!

https://twitter.com/Bree2Land6/status/1400937393151115266

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Chiefs could have offered enough to keep him if they wanted to. They let him go for sure.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1419707715954352132

Eric Berry's heel feels better already and he might come back.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol fans are mad about it who the hell cares about Warpaint?

The drum and chop are next

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Oh no. Bye horse I did not care about.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Get rid of everything and rebrand to the Kansas City Beefs. Andy Reid would approve.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Getting rid of all Native American references makes it more likely they can keep the name Chiefs and Arrowhead, both of which are not Native American-specific.

The chop isn't even ours and the drum has been around for like two years and was a pretty stupid idea considering the concept of reading the room.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think you can get past an official name change/rebranding now because of the fans.

Not the angry fans who would yell necessarily, maybe you can ignore them and make changes anyway. Just because of the fans who show up to games would keep that stuff going and get on TV. Even if it weren't for the chop there's a whole lot of headdresses and other crappy stuff.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 27, 2021

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Chiefs shitcanning the rest of the racist bullshit would be a great balance to having to deal with K-State falling into the void between conferences in the next few years.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

kiimo posted:

Getting rid of all Native American references makes it more likely they can keep the name Chiefs and Arrowhead, both of which are not Native American-specific.

The chop isn't even ours and the drum has been around for like two years and was a pretty stupid idea considering the concept of reading the room.

uh sure maybe in isolation you can argue those things aren't specific to Native Americans but together? lol

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Without any Native American imagery all I can think of is a C-level executive/guy in a business suit as a mascot.

Whatever the case I just remembered this commercial, good times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmgice3ieZ4

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Chefs. You can even keep the chop.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Replace the tomahawk with a meat cleaver. Easy peasy

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The only good thing about Kansas City is bbq so why not

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The Kansas City Crepes

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Keep them the Kansas City Chiefs, but all the imagery is from the movie Slap Shot. Logo is Paul Newman cursing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I am ok with all of these ideas and if they decide to change names eventually

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Scoop up CEH later in your fantasy drafts. He's going to have a monster year running behind Trey Smith like LJ did behind Will Shields.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The chargers receivers look good, maybe draft one or two in fantasy this year

Related:
https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1420809016272330755?s=19

Chucktesla fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 1, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

Scoop up CEH later in your fantasy drafts. He's going to have a monster year running behind Trey Smith like LJ did behind Will Shields.

I heard Mitch Holthus compare him to Will Shields too. They gave him an opportunity to backtrack on it and he wouldn't do it. He looks like an absolute gem in the sixth round. Already starting and out there looking like the best lineman on the team. He pancaked a guy yesterday without pads on and CEH ran right through the gaping hole left behind and it was a flash of foreshadowing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Because:

-the Saints seem intent on starting a rapist at QB this year
-I go to LA pretty regularly for work
-I was extremely wrong about Justin Herbert being a bad draft pick

I have decided that I’m going to root for the Chargers this year.

Someone please tell me the appropriate order in which to hate the Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs.

Thanks

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Someone please tell me the appropriate order in which to hate the Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs.

There's an order in theory but really you want them all to burn in fire and it doesn't matter much.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I get the feeling the AFC West thread is the friendliest divisional thread here but when you get out in the world goddamn do we all hate each other.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Because:

-the Saints seem intent on starting a rapist at QB this year
-I go to LA pretty regularly for work
-I was extremely wrong about Justin Herbert being a bad draft pick

I have decided that I’m going to root for the Chargers this year.

Thanks

Spicy hot hate for the Broncos and Raiders. The order does not matter.

Chiefs are a distant third. Still hate but not as passionate as those first two. I would assume a Chiefs fan would say the same thing.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Pretty much. gently caress the Broncos and Raiders forever, I don't want the Chargers to win the division but Herbert is cool.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

You can argue for moving the Chiefs up to number one due to mahomes-related success creating a few new obnoxious fans and them having two domestic abusers on the team, but honestly Raiders>Broncos>>>Chiefs feels right.

Welcome to the Justin Herbert fan club/endlessly spinning wheel of disappointment and pain that is the Chargers

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1420858484388626435?s=19

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Some of the Chiefs fans in here are annoying tbh

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chucktesla posted:

Welcome to the Justin Herbert fan club/endlessly spinning wheel of disappointment and pain that is the Chargers

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1420858484388626435?s=19

Thanks! After a few years of watching the Saints exit the playoffs in various embarrassing and frustrating ways I’m looking forward to rooting for a team that blows it in the regular season before I can get too emotionally invested. Also a quarterback that can throw past the first down marker.

I think that order aligns with the amount that I naturally dislike each of those teams so that’s good to hear. I still hate awkward more than any one person associated with the Raiders but I think the Raiders probably win out in aggregate.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dre Bly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1422234530958643203?s=19

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

It's Mini Camp Season but it sounds like several chargers rookies have looked very good so far, including Josh Palmer and seventh rounder Marc Webb

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Some of the Chiefs fans in here are annoying tbh

I hope it's me

Chucktesla posted:

It's Mini Camp Season but it sounds like several chargers rookies have looked very good so far, including Josh Palmer and seventh rounder Marc Webb

Count me as not at all surprised that my sleeper favorite from the draft Josh Palmer is impressing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I hope it's me

Parm, fat jesus

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1422377200234418177?s=19

Ahhhhhhhh that's the stuff

Adbot