Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think about the coffee=piss thread quite often

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I drink several pots of coffee a day and for the last couple weeks I've been drinking a lot more than my usual 8 pots. Every time I piss it smells like coffee.

I just made another pot, and i happened to get a good smell of it. And it smelled like piss. I realized that my brain has linked the two smells into one smell, and now coffee is gross to me.

But i love coffee! Coffee is the very font of life! I dunno what to do guys i'm concerned about this. I don't want to have to give up coffee. This is terrible, i have been destroyed by my own appetites in a really ironic monkey's paws twist
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844523

and Fryke's Crawl Diary

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718266

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
No specific thread, just all the threads Pro Target posted in BYOB.

:protarget:

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I was there when Mr. Kitty was new and posting pics of his ugly, greasy, nerd with disgusting hygiene self.

His face still haunts me till this day.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Keyboard goop

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The one where the goon addicted to benzos cooked himself to death in his car.

fack you
Sep 12, 2002

For Life
Yikeseroo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I feel like I bring this up a lot but the old gbs thread where there was an impromptu goonmeet because a goon kept having dreams instructing her to break open a wall in her house, take out a stone that was inside, and go bury it in the woods

they popped open the wall and there was no rock, but there was a dead rodent and something else, and this random assortment of goons took them to the woods and buried them

e: or maybe in the dream it was a key, and the other thing they found was a rock? this would have been 2003/2004

also, the easter bilby's secret

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the one where the goon took the drugs and blacked out for a week and bought a baby grand piano

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
There was this thread where Cait Sith inventoried his UFO and JNCO pants by the width of the legs. He had these really dumb pants with like 105cm wide legs that looked like he was wearing a dress on each leg and I was like 14 and as dumb as those pants so I thought that was cool. I think.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I always think back to the Brian Boyko thread because it starts off with some new poster trying to get goons to donate to a poorly-thought out political action committee, and ends with goons realizing that this guy is one of the most prolific Extremely Online People in the universe.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634476

He doesn't even try to hide it, which is the funniest part. Almost all of his accounts include his full name of "Brian Boyko."

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
Every Haoma thread

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Cutting into engineered floor joists and women's control in the purchasing of homes, as well as the subsequent bathroom they produce.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The BYOB no mods no masters posts the tits and assers thread and the snail with human titties thread (there was some overlap)

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

A very interesting thread about skinwalkers. It's ancient by internet standards (2005-6?). First time I ever heard of the phenomena. And it wasn't treated as a joke or something to be mocked like almost all paranormal threads are now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
F fingerblast that little turd

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
Does Hakan still exist???

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Does Hakan still exist???

I don't know but you're no Hakan.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Bogus Adventure posted:

I always think back to the Brian Boyko thread because it starts off with some new poster trying to get goons to donate to a poorly-thought out political action committee, and ends with goons realizing that this guy is one of the most prolific Extremely Online People in the universe.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634476

He doesn't even try to hide it, which is the funniest part. Almost all of his accounts include his full name of "Brian Boyko."

Man, reading old threads is weird, those poor D and D folks in 2014 having no idea what the 2016 election would bring, let alone 2020.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

remember that one reminiscing about old threads from yesteryear?

good times good times

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Valko posted:

A very interesting thread about skinwalkers. It's ancient by internet standards (2005-6?). First time I ever heard of the phenomena. And it wasn't treated as a joke or something to be mocked like almost all paranormal threads are now.

I think the first thread I ever read on SA was (probably fake, but fun and interesting) story about the mob and moving companies? I think it was in 2004.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Return of the Ultimate Hustler

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
That one thread with the exploding goat and people literally making GBS threads on old video game consoles. I think someone lost a finger at some point?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

A Strange Aeon posted:

Man, reading old threads is weird, those poor D and D folks in 2014 having no idea what the 2016 election would bring, let alone 2020.

Indeed. It was a different time before all of our brains were broken and we were plunged into hellworld.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Dog Flotilla

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Zybourne Clock posted:

That one thread with the exploding goat and people literally making GBS threads on old video game consoles. I think someone lost a finger at some point?

At hotspital lost fingat

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
infrateal vs heebeegbs

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The one where a dude roleplayed as a man who's wife wanted to peg him with a massive purple dildo. At the time I was young and gullible and thought it was real for the first dozen or so updates

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There was a thread called "Does Annie Cruz have a soul" and the OP's avatar was Hayley from American Dad in Cpt. Picard's outfit.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

star eater posted:

I think the first thread I ever read on SA was (probably fake, but fun and interesting) story about the mob and moving companies? I think it was in 2004.

We had some great storytellers here back in the mid-aughts. Looking back I'm not sure how much - if any - of it was true. I think some of the tales were so bizarre that they just couldn't possibly be made up.

Here's links:
Tales From the Zoo.
Horrible Tales From a Chinese Restaurant.
A Girl in the Gaming Store.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the make bad tshirts thread from 2005 or 2006. i still want that 4/20 smoke lobster shirt.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Spoonful of Bromide going nuts about Goku’s pants.

brotato
May 14, 2013

Fartington Butts posted:

Spoonful of Bromide going nuts about Goku’s pants.

That was a great one.

I think a lot about Blue Story, the pregnant lady who was like that dril tweet about candles except her husband couldn't stop buying star wars poo poo.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Babushka 3 way

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

brotato posted:

That was a great one.

I think a lot about Blue Story, the pregnant lady who was like that dril tweet about candles except her husband couldn't stop buying star wars poo poo.

I thought it was funko pops.

After I typed that I realized I'm probably thinking of r/relationships

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
intermediate dog zones (fyad)

ITT Fallout: Seinfield (gbs)

No way! I spiked them! (yospos)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There was that Oregon Trail II LP where they got turned around and ended up fording the Mississippi multiple times and lost all the bacon leaving them with IIRC an absurd number of Grandfather clocks.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
A couple of ones that aren't on the typical greatest hits list:

Back when it was a bit more active, I used to browse A/T a lot more and I think about the thread about the guy who did corpse retrieval every once in a while. It's something you never hear about, so it was a little secret window into a really interesting but grimy job that is basically unknown. Also that maybe troll thread about the guy who had a 18/19 year old fundie Christian girl sign some totally nutso/illegal contract to be his personal live-in maid/sex object in exchange for paying for everything.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

every couple of years i remember hulk hogan meat shoes

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
That one where he ate his cum or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

some days I think "so you work from home op" and giggle a little