Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Bogus Adventure posted:

I always think back to the Brian Boyko thread because it starts off with some new poster trying to get goons to donate to a poorly-thought out political action committee, and ends with goons realizing that this guy is one of the most prolific Extremely Online People in the universe.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634476

He doesn't even try to hide it, which is the funniest part. Almost all of his accounts include his full name of "Brian Boyko."

Man, reading old threads is weird, those poor D and D folks in 2014 having no idea what the 2016 election would bring, let alone 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Skeletome posted:

the one where the guy had some lame IT job but somehow met an oil baron, hosed some prostitutes and then had plans to make an underwater city like bioshock

the whole thing is so flagrantly false yet people still tripped over their dicks to commend it lol

Haha, I remember this one! The goon was literally telling the oil prince about Bioshock and the prince was like rubbing his chin going "interesting, interesting"

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

MD2020 posted:

More a post than a thead...

poo poo, I forgot about that one, what was the context of that goose meat thing?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
This was a few years ago, some lady goon I think was explaining how she quit her job to write erotica on Amazon and it was quite the success story. I think there may have been a wave of goons writing erotic stories in the wake of this thread, which just seems like it would be hilarious but I didn't follow it to its bitter conclusion. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Does anyone remember a tattoo thread where someone posted their x-rated arm tattoo of the Team Rocket woman from Pokemon getting it on with a Bulbasaur? And people were like "that's a bit much" but he was defending it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Woah, zajajaja posted this in that thread back in 2017:

Seems like a really good way to get a huge plague goin.
I suppose that fits in with the republican standard operating procedure of 'gently caress you, more money for us'