Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I feel like I bring this up a lot but the old gbs thread where there was an impromptu goonmeet because a goon kept having dreams instructing her to break open a wall in her house, take out a stone that was inside, and go bury it in the woods

they popped open the wall and there was no rock, but there was a dead rodent and something else, and this random assortment of goons took them to the woods and buried them

e: or maybe in the dream it was a key, and the other thing they found was a rock? this would have been 2003/2004

also, the easter bilby's secret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
anime nathan is watching anime again

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2899275

quote:

(he puts his hands behind his head and leans back in his chair)

"We're very similar, Goku and I."

Cubone
May 26, 2011

griefing thread (archived):
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637

Cubone
May 26, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

When the MeToo stuff first broke and during the parade of celebrities getting outted as sex creeps and rapists one dude kept predicting John Hodgman would be the next one every single page and that he would be one of the worst one by far. There weren't any evidence or even rumors. It was just based on his vibe.
lmao I didn't know anybody else noticed that

I asked him about it once and he acted like I was a lunatic and accused me of secretly being john hodgman, and then went into an unrelated thread to complain about people being "weirdly obsessed" with him for his totally innocent jokes about john hodgman (a name I only even recognize because this guy kept bringing him up)

goons are constantly getting huffy about dumb poo poo but that might have been the weirdest tiff I've ever been involved in because I literally could not figure out what I did to upset him

Cubone
May 26, 2011

the only thing I remember about roman timecube guy was for some reason part of his plan was to hire scantily clad models to help sell it

so you hear somebody is claiming to have finally figured out what these weird little things were and you go to the website and instead of anything like an explanation or summary or even hint it looks like a Troma movie without the violence
":biglips: ooooh baby, a genius found out what roman dodecahedrons are for hehe :sonia:"

Cubone
May 26, 2011

this thread made me feel physically ill when it was going, and 12 years of distance has done nothing to temper it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

One night many years ago in a restaurant...

And then the guy is pissing himself into the ceiling or whatever. It's very crudely drawn, but also mesmerizing.

I literally laughed out loud just remembering the image

all time classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

also that reminded me of another thread years later, a byob thread about Edgar Allen Poe, and it was mostly dumb riffy shitposting kinda stuff, but then somebody posted this:

and that's definitely one I still think about every once in a while
it still makes me laugh

there's so many little things about it that just work

I love the idea of Montresor trying to communicate the story of the grisly murder he committed but instead of writing The Cask of Amontillado, he makes this
I love that they changed nothing other than the labels and yet it conveys the plot of The Cask of Amontillado exactly as well as the unedited comic conveyed whatever was supposed to be happening
I love the childlike mentality of having a little label that just says "Fortunato" like you're supposed to just know who that is
and, as in the original, it's just completely unclear who the happy guy peeing and pooping on the ceiling is supposed to be and why he's peeing and pooping
and the box label at the bottom that reads like a punchline but is absolutely no help in clearing up what's happening. picturing edgar allen poe putting that there like "that ought to clear it up"

just tremendous