Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

my mistake there's apparently 9 players on the cards covid list. i was trying to count with my one hand and failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Found half cocaine's twitter account

https://twitter.com/EliTeCulturee/status/1420841231295422473?s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

DariusLikewise posted:

McVay said the Rams are close to 100% vaccinated but would not provide the specific number

100% of the staff are vaccinated, like all the staff including equipment guys and janitors and stuff. Tutu Atwell got put on the Covid list but apparently he is vaccinated and is a breakthrough infection.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1421262768473268229?s=20

Position switch!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Apparently the new market inefficiency is washed-up WRs putting on 30 pounds and pretending they know how to block

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Benne posted:

Apparently the new market inefficiency is washed-up WRs putting on 30 pounds and pretending they know how to block

Or QBs

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Real talk though, when's the last time a WR-to-TE conversion actually worked out and extended a guy's career? From all the times I can remember, it was basically a joke that a guy ate himself into a position switch, and the coaches would just throw him into blocking assignments as a rib before cutting him.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

the way to go from WR to TE is to wash out as a WR, manage an NBADL contract on athleticism, and then sneak into the basketball-player-to-TE pipeline

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Benne posted:

Real talk though, when's the last time a WR-to-TE conversion actually worked out and extended a guy's career? From all the times I can remember, it was basically a joke that a guy ate himself into a position switch, and the coaches would just throw him into blocking assignments as a rib before cutting him.

larry

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Maybe he just saw the error in his WR ways and use his talents to learn to run block better?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Matt Stafford is cool as hell

https://twitter.com/ramsnfl/status/1421952110048931846?s=21

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

god I miss him so much

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
*runs into the thread out of breath*

Guys! Nick Bosa news!!

https://blacksportsonline.com/2021/...-media-pages/3/

Oh...

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Guys! Nick Bosa news!!

Oh...

Holy gently caress, half cocaine wasn’t just running it into the ground.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

lmao u mad bro

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

She even used the hard “r” at least once so I guess RIP.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DariusLikewise posted:

Matt Stafford is cool as hell

I've been a fan of his since this sequence,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rvIwyikbRU

Rookie year folks, that's his rookie toughness.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

seiferguy posted:

Guys! Nick Bosa news!!

Oh...

Jesus Murphy! She's a keeper. :rolleyes:

Wow.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I do notice most all those tweets she made were in like 2013, 2014. I wonder how old she was at the time. Not that that's an excuse, she was obviously an adult or nearly so.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

half cocaine posted:

lmao u mad bro

no I think it’s funny as hell

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I do notice most all those tweets she made were in like 2013, 2014. I wonder how old she was at the time. Not that that's an excuse, she was obviously an adult or nearly so.

According to google she was born in 1990 so 23 or 24 at the time. Probably should have known better by then.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DariusLikewise posted:

According to google she was born in 1990 so 23 or 24 at the time. Probably should have known better by then.

Wrong Jenna Berman.

Bosas GF is 25. She was 17 or 18 or possibly younger.

https://heightzone.com/jenna-berman-tiktok-and-bio-everything-to-know-about-nick-bosa-girlfriend/

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Still old enough to know better lol

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Still old enough to know better lol

I know things have changed a lot since I was a kid, but I doubt they've changed so much that teenagers know poo poo about anything. That said, it's not like we're dredging up ancient history here.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Most goons were 17 in 1998 or something which was a completely different atmosphere. Not that slurs are good to use at any time, but just re-watching Monster Squad a few months ago after not seeing it since I was a kid and they drop a hard F slur in the first few minutes in a PG movie for kids, which I doubt would fly today (or in 2015). Anyone using slurs in 2015 knows what they are doing, even dumb 17 year olds.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 3, 2021

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

People dropping slurs have always known what they were doing they just didn’t care if they made other people feel bad because those people didn’t deserve consideration. The only thing that’s changed is who society, broadly, has deemed worthy of consideration. “Everybody else was using the n-word so how was I to know it was bad” was never a good excuse.

Teenagers are stupid as poo poo and while people should be held to account for what they said at 16 they should also be given the chance to prove that they’ve learned and changed.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

People dropping slurs have always known what they were doing they just didn’t care if they made other people feel bad because those people didn’t deserve consideration. The only thing that’s changed is who society, broadly, has deemed worthy of consideration. “Everybody else was using the n-word so how was I to know it was bad” was never a good excuse.

Teenagers are stupid as poo poo and while people should be held to account for what they said at 16 they should also be given the chance to prove that they’ve learned and changed.

Based on some of the other stuff they posted, it seems a sure bet that the only change she's made is to dog-whistle language.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I do wonder how dumb people have to be to not recognize dog-whistle language in 2021, it's almost more widespread (and mocked as a result) than actual racism at this point

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Schwack posted:

Based on some of the other stuff they posted, it seems a sure bet that the only change she's made is to dog-whistle language.

She’s probably still a horrible person I just hate the “it was a different time!” excuse for why it was acceptable to be a racist or homophobe when you were a teen in the 90s but it’s really legitimately bad now. It was always bad, and the appropriate lesson is that people *can* change, not that edgy “ironic” racism and homophobia didn’t count.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Nobody ever learns or grows up.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Freakazoid_ posted:

Nobody ever learns or grows up.

gently caress, just make this the title of every thread on the forums.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are we still making new division threads for the upcoming season?

If so, I'll get one going this week and will take thread title submissions right now.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

cool

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
That speed is why the Hawks drafted him. KJ will be missed but he didn't have the speed to deal with all those Rams/Niners jet sweeps.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Benne posted:

If so, I'll get one going this week and will take thread title submissions right now.

Yeah, I was going to get around to asking this week.

Usually go up before the first actual pre-season game

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Pretty nice catch by Penny Hart here.

https://twitter.com/letsseahawks/status/1424437550106746891?s=21

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Benne posted:

The real NFC West champion was the run we established along the way.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 9, 2021

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Penny Hart, Freddy Swain, they both rule.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/BTH_Rams/status/1424751163950383107?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
New thread going up tonight, last call for title suggestions