Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

EA banned from the forums for rivals level insults

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1302234887638994944?s=21

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Maybe he had a really dark realization staring at this steak and thinking about where his life is going

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1302220085608812544?s=19

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

shirts and skins posted:

Maybe he had a really dark realization staring at this steak and thinking about where his life is going

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1302220085608812544?s=19

he fired his sports agent so that he could get an agent in his new career and passion, dance theatre

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Magicpants posted:

he fired his sports agent so that he could get an agent in his new career and passion, dance theatre

Doctor says, 'Treatment is simple. Great Clowney Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up.'

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
just logging in to post that all of the teams in the nfc west are bad and suck, except for the noble and pure san francisco 49ers

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Thank you for your service

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The fact that they're still called the San Francisco 49ers verges on parody at this point

In fact, only one team in the NFC West actually plays in the city it's named after! Hmmmmm

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

shirts and skins posted:

The fact that they're still called the San Francisco 49ers verges on parody at this point

In fact, only one team in the NFC West actually plays in the city it's named after! Hmmmmm

Cardinals get a pass

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I would say most people in Phoenix pass on them! Ohohohoho

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

a bunch of teams in the league don't play within the city limits of their nominative city so whatever

east rutherford new jersey giants and jets, orchard park bills, arlington cowboys, carson chargers, miami gardens dolphins, santa clara 49ers, landover maryland washington football team

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
All of these teams, you will find, suck

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

EmbryoSteve posted:

Cardinals get a pass

The ol' state loophole

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I love not being from nowhereesville and thus decoupling my fandom from any regional attachments or opinions whatsoever.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

shirts and skins posted:

Hard to change the name when you're such a successful franchise with a universally celebrated history.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Leperflesh posted:

a bunch of teams in the league don't play within the city limits of their nominative city so whatever

east rutherford new jersey giants and jets, orchard park bills, arlington cowboys, carson chargers, miami gardens dolphins, santa clara 49ers, landover maryland washington football team

I think a lot of those were the result of owners chasing new stadiums and fleeing to the suburbs for lower taxes or whatever

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Benne posted:

I think a lot of those were the result of owners chasing new stadiums and fleeing to the suburbs for lower taxes or whatever

Lower taxes, easier access for white people, etc.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mustached Demon posted:

On this page 1, we give thanks to Frank Gore and Marshawn Lynch for blessing us with another season to establish the run.

So let it be written, so let it be run.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

mllaneza posted:

So let it be written, so let it be run.

Thread title, please

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

Thread title, please

+1

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

shirts and skins posted:

It loving pisses me off to no end and I live like 5 miles from the stadium now and can walk from my DC parking lot to it. gently caress the York’s for many reasons but especially for moving the team. When the Super Bowl and NCAA Championship game we’re here and they did all the b roll of the city and like the event stuff was all in the city it really loving bothered me. The loving patriots play closer to Boston than the niners do to the city.

E

MakaVillian posted:

Hard to change the name when you're such a successful franchise with a universally celebrated history.

Who decided to piss on all their fans and heritage and history. My family had season tickets dating back to loving Kezar and the fact they wanted $10k-$20k in new personal seat licenses just to have the privilege to buy season tickets at the new stadium and the audacity to try and charge thousands for taking your old seat out of candlestick was too loving far.

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 6, 2020

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I was salty about Santa Clara for a bit. Then I realized that in the broader scheme of things, San Jose doesn't loving exist, and the rest of the Penninsula exists only to connect San Francisco to California. The price hike might have shifted the season ticket holder demographics, but changing where they play did not. Other than complicating my transit options anyway.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I have never cared in the slightest where the stadium is because I grew up 70 miles from Candlestick and attending games in person was extremely rare. It’s the local team and San Francisco is a better regional name than “Golden State” or whatever municipality you technically happen to be in in the Peninsula or South Bay.

Giganticon
Mar 10, 2010

Pillbug

EmbryoSteve posted:

Cardinals get a pass

That's why the Cards can't hang, should be getting a run.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Big welp on missing out on Clowney. Here's hoping one of the rookies is secretly a great pass rusher, like how they kept Will Dissly under the radar his rookie year (and also the secret pass rusher is sturdier than Dissly).

In happier news, they're replaying Super Bowl XLVIII tonight on Q13Fox @ 7 PM. Looking forward to watching Kam Chancellor obliterate Demaryius Thomas again.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

The ol' state loophole

would anyone actually root for the *checks* glendale cardinals

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Kyler play this year. On the other hand, who actually gives a poo poo when garoppalo is on the field other than niners fans?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shirts and skins posted:

this is their sixth season in santa clara! let it go!

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Why would having more and more seasons with a fraudulent name make it less of a joke? Do people lay off the Jets and Giants after the first decade?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gerund posted:

Why would having more and more seasons with a fraudulent name make it less of a joke? Do people lay off the Jets and Giants after the first decade?

I mean... yeah.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I have been to one game at Levi’s and that thing is in the blandest possible place in this country. Bakersfield would have more character than whatever “Santa Clara” actually is. Whatever who cares! I don’t give a poo poo!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They have to extract money from tech bros.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looks like Shaquem is sticking around :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1302649367103332353

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mustached Demon posted:

They have to extract money from tech bros.

I see no problems with this goal. I just wish more of it went to the actual city instead of the Yorks.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Levi’s is also hot as hell in the day time. I’ve only been to college games at night in December which makes it a lot more bearable.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

TheBacon posted:

Levi’s is also hot as hell in the day time. I’ve only been to college games at night in December which makes it a lot more bearable.

The NFL literally schedules around this problem because Jed refused to do anything about it lol

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

TheBacon posted:

Only took 7 years for the media to acknowledge the problem (this is from Aug 28th The Athletic). Jed might get around to doing something about it in another 7!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I have been to one game at Levi’s and that thing is in the blandest possible place in this country. Bakersfield would have more character than whatever “Santa Clara” actually is. Whatever who cares! I don’t give a poo poo!

In the sense that Bakersfield is unambiguously awful, sure.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

There a likelihood of the 49ers home opener being postponed or moved due to raging inferno?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

No but I wish Levi’s would burn down. Sadly it would mean my apartment also probably burned down