Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TheBacon posted:

No but I wish Levi’s would burn down. Sadly it would mean my apartment also probably burned down

How's the smoke there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

smoke Cali everyday

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Mustached Demon posted:

How's the smoke there?

Actually most of the fires on both sides have been getting under control and smokes hasn’t been bad at all the last few days. But fires on both the east and southwest of me is pretty loving wild.

This was two weeks ago in the morning looking out the window of my place.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TheBacon posted:

Actually most of the fires on both sides have been getting under control and smokes hasn’t been bad at all the last few days. But fires on both the east and southwest of me is pretty loving wild.

This was two weeks ago in the morning looking out the window of my place.

Hope it can get under somewhat control. Wests basically burning.

My drive to work this evening was exactly that level of haze. Kind of neat when the sunset turns purple.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

just a little longer before the whole league contracts FOOTBALL FEVER

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's a very high probability I'll be moving to the bay area by next summer so woo better get some N95 masks!

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Seahawks would have been a clear cut favorite to win the NFC W if they had grabbed Clowney. Very odd to not just pay the dude $15m, he’s totally worth it.

Oh well, should make for another fun, highly competitive NFC W season. And heck maybe the Cards take a big step forward to make it even more of a battle.

One week to go friends :)

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

seiferguy posted:

There's a very high probability I'll be moving to the bay area by next summer so woo better get some N95 masks!

Do you have a backup plan? The Bay Area may not be here next summer.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

Seahawks going to own the 9ners so bad it destroys the whole area :hawksin:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

My job would probably get moved elsewhere if that happened...

Probably to Seattle lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

seiferguy posted:

Probably to Seattle lol

I like visiting Seattle. Haven't had a bad time going there yet. Tasty food. Mariner's games are fun.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Nuk and the Cardinals are allegedly close to a contract extension; Nuk represented himself in the negotiations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

Probably to Seattle lol

Is it you? Are you the curse.

https://twitter.com/GovInslee/status/1303074066232832000

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a red flag warning is just warm and windy

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

It's a girl, apparently.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bob Socko posted:

It's a girl, apparently.

You joke but:

https://twitter.com/CALFIREBDU/status/1302806037464973315?s=19

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Second time in the last three years we’ve had a huge fire started by gender-reveal-party pyrotechnics, btw.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Apparently it's Oregon that's really in danger tonight, very dry and howling winds. Power company is shutting down lines to prevent sparking. Stay safe Oregoons.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Yes, I know. :) I miss the days where you just, like, cut a cake and omg the cake is blue inside.

shirts and skins posted:

Apparently it's Oregon that's really in danger tonight, very dry and howling winds. Power company is shutting down lines to prevent sparking. Stay safe Oregoons.

Eastern Washington, too. Milton burned to the ground today, Colfax got hit hard. Though they aren’t next door, they’re close enough to Pullman that it would only take one gender reveal gone awry to burn Wazzu to the ground.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

Yea, mt hood is on fire and it’s dry and windy enough that Portland is covered in a haze. Not real pleasant outside.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bob Socko posted:

Yes, I know. :) I miss the days where you just, like, cut a cake and omg the cake is blue inside.

Lets be fair, even that was over the top.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, mt hood is on fire and it’s dry and windy enough that Portland is covered in a haze. Not real pleasant outside.

Stay safe. As one of the many NorCal born/raised PNWers, with most of my family still down there and some evacuated over the recent fires, I have become super paranoid.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Idahos getting the crazy wind too. One moron and like three national forests will burn.

Goes great with the smokey haze covering SW Idaho.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bob Socko posted:

Colfax got hit hard.

GOOD

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

When I drive around Western WA I'll see a bunch of strips of grass that got lit up by an errant cigarette throw on the highways. It's real fuckin' dry everywhere like smol ben's wife

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Well we know what to do in case of fire, don't we?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Remember the scene from Evil Dead 2 where Bruce Campbell goes from laughing to screaming in one continuous take? Yeah, that's me after reading this.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/byalistaircorp/status/1303364025175044097

Just thinking about seahawk runs while “X gon give it to ya” plays, forever

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1303372911571537929

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Running highlights against 2019 Carolina shouldn't count

That being said, 2019 probably finishes differently if Seattle's entire run game doesn't die... That Green Bay game was such a tragedy, their run defense was dogshit and the only runners the Hawks had were an out of shape Marshawn and Travis Homer.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
If Carson and Dissly stayed upright I believe they would have reached the Super Bowl. Not sold that they would have beat KC, but they would have made it. But that's how it works, luck and conditioning wins championships.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lifespan posted:

If Carson and Dissly stayed upright I believe they would have reached the Super Bowl. Not sold that they would have beat KC, but they would have made it. But that's how it works, luck and conditioning wins championships.

The Seahawks had a +7 point differential last year. Luck is what got them to the playoffs in the first place.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Seahawks had a +7 point differential last year. Luck is what got them to the playoffs in the first place.

They were mediocre in the regular season but the path was right there. They couldn't explout a flawed GB defense for lack of a run game, but a healthy Carson and they have a much better shot. Then it's a trip to SF, a team they beat once and then lost to by a literal inch.

Things lined up well last year, but the team was too damaged to do it. I suppose a better team would have more redundancy, but it is what it is.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

They were mediocre in the regular season but the path was right there. They couldn't explout a flawed GB defense for lack of a run game, but a healthy Carson and they have a much better shot. Then it's a trip to SF, a team they beat once and then lost to by a literal inch.

Things lined up well last year, but the team was too damaged to do it. I suppose a better team would have more redundancy, but it is what it is.

Sure, you almost beat SF in that game. You also needed a missed OT field goal and no Sanders or Kittle to win the first matchup. It cuts both ways and the when your team is 2-0 in OT and has 3 wins of 2 points or less it’s fair to say that you’ve had a pretty lucky season.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Listen here buckaroo, having stupidly close 4th quarters because of an archaic game plan and then gambling on the stochastic nature of football is part of establishing the run.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

Listen here buckaroo, having stupidly close 4th quarters because of an archaic game plan and then gambling on the stochastic nature of football is part of establishing the run.

I do appreciate Pete’s commitment to the bit. If he actually let Russ do Russ things outside of emergency situations the Seahawks would probably have another SuperBowl win.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

At least we can all agree: GB did not respect the run and was punished severely for it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I demand an accounting, Rams fans. What the hell is this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I do appreciate Pete’s commitment to the bit. If he actually let Russ do Russ things outside of emergency situations the Seahawks would probably have another SuperBowl win.

Ok, now I'll agree with you. The Seahawks wins last year were heavily on Russ' ability to control the game in the clutch. They really need to set him free more often.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://twitter.com/kofie/status/1303412257360142337?s=21

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

I demand an accounting, Rams fans. What the hell is this.

I don't know. Where's that from?