Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grace posted:

don't look at circlmastr's fallout 4 dan&grace memorial fight club

Oh I'm sorry do you WANT me to bring back portable ops? Because you know drat well I'll bring back portable ops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON

Grace posted:

don't look at circlmastr's fallout 4 dan&grace memorial fight club

You mean this?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Danaru posted:

Oh I'm sorry do you WANT me to bring back portable ops? Because you know drat well I'll bring back portable ops

Metal Gear Solid PoOps

(That game would need lots of QOL improvements to be bearable to play or watch.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Incidentally I do actually want to bring back poops, starting over of course. I think I can adjust the emulation controls enough to at least offset the... that, and now that my brain actually works instead of running 95% of resources to misery and not producing serotonin, I think I can make the game work from a player standpoint.

I also want to redo peace Walker but that requires wrangling Grace into actually effectively running his mother base. It's difficult enough to wrangle him into doing stuff he DOES want to do

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Mikl posted:

Solid PoOps

something something diarrhea hello brother

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We're gonna be recording tonight! :buddy: if you got any concerns, get them out now because I dont remember what your concerns were like fifty months ago when we played last

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Have you reminded Cherub he's a good boy?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

bunnyofdoom posted:

Have you reminded Cherub he's a good boy?

Every day of my life

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Always be smashing poo poo with Axiom.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Danaru posted:

We're gonna be recording tonight! :buddy: if you got any concerns, get them out now because I dont remember what your concerns were like fifty months ago when we played last
Please remember to use your once-per-mission items/powers if it looks like someone is going to die.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I think, early on, you weren't making enough field teams to unlock more researchable features for your base... but I think your base is at the point where no one is idle anymore.

In fact, I think you've done an incredible job at the city handling minigame.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 44 - She Bite

Bear with us as we remember how to play XCOM

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I still can't get over how many times that cobra tried to poison the group. That was at least two, maybe 3, rounds.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Godmother killing people in the butthole will never not be funny.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 45 - Large And/Or In Charge

I swear to god there's a screen that shows all the unique weapons as silhouettes and when you get one, it shows it. I swear I'm not crazy but also I can't, for the life of me, find it :psyduck:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I think reaper mode makes Zephyr a lot more fun and viable, even in the late game

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

That floating dead sorcerer... "There's gonna be one hit: me hitting you, and then you hovering dead in the air forever"

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Danaru posted:

I swear to god there's a screen that shows all the unique weapons as silhouettes and when you get one, it shows it. I swear I'm not crazy but also I can't, for the life of me, find it :psyduck:

There's a button in the lower right corner of the screen that says Meta-data and clicking it shows your current completion rates across all your Chimera Squad campaigns, including which agents you've recruited and which epic weapons you've acquired. But I thought it only shows up once you've completed the full campaign at least once.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

W.T. Fits posted:

There's a button in the lower right corner of the screen that says Meta-data and clicking it shows your current completion rates across all your Chimera Squad campaigns, including which agents you've recruited and which epic weapons you've acquired. But I thought it only shows up once you've completed the full campaign at least once.

I only remember seeing it like, a day or two after the game came out, it might have been a bug. Once we beat the game I'll find that button and see if it's the screen I recognize :v:

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 46 - I'm Still Standing

AXIOM.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

For the benefit of those like Dan who may be unfamiliar with the song referenced near the start of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwVBirqD2s

Also, at this point here, what happened was you adjusted the cone so that both the Archon and the Acolyte were in it, but then like a split second before you confirmed the shot, you accidentally adjusted the cone so that the Acolyte was no longer in it.

Oh, and the rock is a bed for a viper; there's a heat lamp on the wall nearby to keep her warm while she's sleeping, and there was an incubator for her eggs on the end table next to the rock.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 10, 2021

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In case you didn't figure it out, that Ventilate missed because your mouse moved at the last second. I don't know know if it works in Chimera Squad, but the XCom trick of pixel hunting with the mouse and confirming the reciticle with the space button should stop that from happening.

I think the giant rock is a heat rock for snakes? Also looks like there might be snakeskins around it.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I toured some of the Maritimes and while I agree with you putting it at the bottom of the list, I thought Saint John had some charm. It's nowhere near as nice as PEI or Nova Scotia (sadly have to do another trip for Newfoundland) but I enjoyed a couple days out there.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 47 - The Joker

Their leitmotif is lame, but their "Take Down" theme is fantastic. I think Sacred Coil's still my favourite take down theme though.

Also this was the last episode in our backlog and we haven't gotten to record since! Enjoy the cliffhanger fuckos!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I half expected the mission report to read "Godmother: back injury from carrying the team so hard"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

kw0134 posted:

I half expected the mission report to read "Godmother: back injury from carrying the team so hard"

Agreed but for the entire game

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Jesus Christ, Godmother :stare:

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
You'd think they'd eventually learn to stay out of her blood circle holy poo poo

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Now just consider that with Lockdown, Zephyr does the exact same thing (hit people who enter her range, albiet with less damage but no consideration for ammo). When the stage is set *just right*, she's also a sight to behold.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 48 - Full-rear end Burly Brawl Mode

I love Godmother's "UNYIELDING RAGE" portrait. She gets me.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Is it me, or does muton rage sound more dangerous on paper than practice? I saw a lot of misses on that last map, from both Axiom and the enemies. And when it does hit, it only does like 3 damage.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

sb hermit posted:

Now just consider that with Lockdown, Zephyr does the exact same thing (hit people who enter her range, albiet with less damage but no consideration for ammo). When the stage is set *just right*, she's also a sight to behold.
Yeah, but you have to give up one of her damage buffs to get lockdown. It's great because, any time you fail to kill an enemy, you get to punch them again when they try to act on their turn, which makes up for the reduced damage, but as the enemies get more HP, and, crucially, more armor in the later operations, her inability to get master-crafted weapons, shred armor, use named weapons, superior weapon mods, and special ammo mean that she simply cannot keep up with other agents in the 3rd act onwards.

Though, by that time, she's taken so many hits to the head in the average playthrough that a quiet retirement-on-duty coaching the police athletics league, fundraising, and operating the 3D printer is probably for the best.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 24, 2021

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
When Zephyr takes enough hits to the head, Grace's "australian" accent becomes canon.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I found this in my drafts for some reason, so enjoy:

Malah posted:

Do tell? Verge already seems very strong when used properly as it is.
The encounter end trigger for "shoot everyone" encounters (like, say, all boss battles) fires on "hostiles_remaining=0", so if all remaining enemies are on the Brainternet, Verge can use puppetmaster to instantly win the encounter irrespective of remaining HP, positioning, etc. You can also dominate the biggest enemy meatsacks, and use them + your team to force fire down all the remaining low HP enemies in order to win too. A well executed puppetmaster is basically a once-per-mission "I win the encounter" button.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 24, 2021

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

"Did they use this when we fought the Progeny?"

Paladins aren't Progeny units, they're Grey Phoenix units.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

W.T. Fits posted:

"Did they use this when we fought the Progeny?"

Paladins aren't Progeny units, they're Grey Phoenix units.

Oh poo poo they are, and I DO remember them using it when we fought Grey Phoenix.

Not often, but I do remember it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 49 - What Red Panda Saw

Hey so if you remember when we started, there was an option where getting a single game over instantly deletes your save file. Just wanted to remind everyone of that option.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

"Godmother just reloads whenever she wants, she doesn't give a poo poo about the turn order."

It's because you did her special training when she hit Principal Agent. It gives her a passive called Step Up that makes it so that whenever she scores a kill, she automatically reloads.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

that level design did seem to be a bit horseshit at points. maybe it would be better if you had more people with lockdown-an-anemy powers, but since you're not guaranteed to pick up every agent in a run that shouldn't have been a factor in the design either

good thing godmother is so loving good!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

biosterous posted:

that level design did seem to be a bit horseshit at points. maybe it would be better if you had more people with lockdown-an-anemy powers, but since you're not guaranteed to pick up every agent in a run that shouldn't have been a factor in the design either

good thing godmother is so loving good!

An easy fix would be to just let the player control Perata once they get a unit adjacent to him.

You know, like every other VIP in the game seriously he even had the ring around him why didn't they let me move him aaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Danaru posted:

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 49 - What Red Panda Saw

Hey so if you remember when we started, there was an option where getting a single game over instantly deletes your save file. Just wanted to remind everyone of that option.

Oh Dan. Did you drink a 6 pack of Vicker's Cross?