Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

*raises hand*

Are the snakes fuckable?

Well, it's a tight squeeze...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Does commander Dan agree that ruining that civilian's BBQ is worse than blowing up the mayor?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

bunnyofdoom posted:

Dan FFS buy tranq rounds

I actually might do this because holy wow last session got uh, rough. Like if anyone who watched XCOM 2 and remembers that ambush where by the end of it I could only exclusively speak in a terrible communist Larry the Cable Guy impression, it was roughly in the same ball park.

But it's not because I NEED tranqs dammit :mad:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON

Danaru posted:

I actually might do this because holy wow last session got uh, rough. Like if anyone who watched XCOM 2 and remembers that ambush where by the end of it I could only exclusively speak in a terrible communist Larry the Cable Guy impression, it was roughly in the same ball park.

But it's not because I NEED tranqs dammit :mad:

Question: do you still give the right advice wrt landlords?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I will never not hunger for landlord steaks

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CommissarMega posted:

*raises hand*

Are the snakes fuckable?

Deactivating my new twitter account, Can You gently caress The Snake, after three tweets

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 3 - Please Leave

The reinforcements mechanic can be kind of a bummer sometimes but I understand why it exists. I just like whacking people :(

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

personally, I think Jesus wouldn't want you to hate androids

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Yes! It's Muton Time!

e: better not, yet.

Last Transmission fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 7, 2020

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Do tranq rounds work on robots?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Kenneth! What is the frequency!?

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

White Coke posted:

Do tranq rounds work on robots?

They do not.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009
Man, that was indeed quite a difficult choice to make. Zephyr is amazing for capturing everyone she finds, Torque is usually really good though also a bit weird and Axiom is, well, a muton with all the good and bad that someone prone to going berserk and slaughtering every enemy around him entails. Picking him definitely won't be doing your liver any favors but, let's be honest, it's already beaten to hell and back and, meanwhile, Axiom is going to be doing a lot of good work for you.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Torque is especially good for moving people close to her, either allies or hostages for rescuing or enemies for strangulation (stun and damage) and takedowns.

And although she's unable to do much else while strangulating, it's a basic part of her toolkit and can be done as many times as you like.

Vipers were a particularly nasty enemy for me in Xcom 2, so Torque's OP abilities were especially fun for me to use.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Torque's strangling move was also a really safe way to finish off an injured enemy in an inconvenient spot :v: I'm really hoping her and Zephyr show up again

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dumb ideas where QoL would come at the cost of hilarious(?) failure.

Is it possible to give your robot buddy tranq rounds? That way the only way you can use them is after taking extra drinks to cover for the mangled corpses of your agents :pseudo:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Torques tongue is a great way to grab people out of range of exploding cars and grenades, as well as for getting idiot VIPS into different cover before they get flanked.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danaru posted:

Torque's strangling move was also a really safe way to finish off an injured enemy in an inconvenient spot :v: I'm really hoping her and Zephyr show up again

Does she incapacitate enemies she strangles?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

White Coke posted:

After a few promotions she can.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

White Coke posted:

Torque is really into killing people.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Zephyr, Axiom, and Torque’s unique melee abilities kill guys, so you have to have them pull their punches with “subdue” if you don’t want them to kill.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON

Dr Christmas posted:

Zephyr, Axiom, and Torque’s unique melee abilities kill guys, so you have to have them pull their punches with “subdue” if you don’t want them to kill.

Alternatively, you can have, with the right upgrades, Verge add them to neural network, which them only knocks em out.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Well poo poo I totally misremembered Torque as knocking out nerds she strangled. :frogdunce: glad I found out now instead of later.

New episode coming in a bit once i get home because phone posting episodes sucks rear end

Blue Link
Apr 22, 2014
Well, to be fair there is a mod that makes her bind nonlethal, but I assume that would go against the spirit of the drinking game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 4 - Cracking Skulls

In which we find out Axiom wasn't actually trying to arrest that guy he smashed before :cripes:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
With Torque, you can always cancel the bind and then bonk the guy to subdue in the same turn, you just have to be aware that the bind does ramping damage each time it’s used so you don’t use it too long. The bind makes her a tempting target for enemies, so I seldom got that far. You also have to be aware that if the last enemy in an encounter is in Torque’s clutches, she’ll immediately kill them.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Seems like Verge got a little bored sitting around in base babysitting your 3d-printer during the retried encounter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So are you just trying to arrest everyone because of the drinking game or is there some kind of benefit to it beyond that?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Capturing enemies gives you a chance at 20 intel at the end of a mission, equal to 20% * the number of enemies arrested.

If you get 5 enemies, that means you definitely get 20 intel, any more than that is superfluous I think?

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
I think what happened with Cherub suddenly reversing in time was that he's not able to do his charged bash attack while on fire.
The game originally let you do it because he wasn't on fire at first, but you travelled through some, setting him aflame and the game freaked out when it came to bash them. It resolved it by sending him back to the start of his turn, but now on fire and unable to use charged bash.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I agree with Grace, androids shouldn't count for the drinking game. Or any kind of enemy that can't be arrested for that matter.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Agreed.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
On the other hand, maybe he will start to develop some serious alcohol tolerance and it won't effect him as much.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Alright since you guys are cool with it, and since the last session got uhh pretty deep into Yellin' Time territory, we'll change up the rules so I dont drink for robots being destroyed. Maybe I'll change the wording to drink whenever an enemy dies, since that's the same distinction the game uses for Verge's brain network :v: and since this isnt a Taro game, robots arent alive so they cant be killed

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The bottom left corner of the screen disagrees :colbert:

That said, yeah, this will probably be less likely to put you in an er.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

FoolyCharged posted:

The bottom left corner of the screen disagrees :colbert:

It's Political Correctness gone mad! Or are we supposed to say Cancel Culture now?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

White Coke posted:

It's Political Correctness gone mad! Or are we supposed to say Cancel Culture now?

Sacred Coil's big project is basically just reddit, churning out poo poo like "you know XCOM were the real fascists during the war" and people concern trolling about what bathrooms Sectoids use since they dont have biological sexes

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr Christmas posted:

With Torque, you can always cancel the bind and then bonk the guy to subdue in the same turn, you just have to be aware that the bind does ramping damage each time it’s used so you don’t use it too long. The bind makes her a tempting target for enemies, so I seldom got that far. You also have to be aware that if the last enemy in an encounter is in Torque’s clutches, she’ll immediately kill them.

Sometimes I wonder if they were leaning into her backstory when they made almost every one of her abilities a literal war crime, or if it just ended up that way given the source material.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Chuu posted:

Sometimes I wonder if they were leaning into her backstory when they made almost every one of her abilities a literal war crime, or if it just ended up that way given the source material.

By the time you're on your third gang and have more or less exhausted the Intel outlets, everybody's all warcrimes all the time. "Hmm ammunition that sets people on fire you say ? That sounds nifty, I'll take 5 crates of those for my protecting and serving needs. Now talk to me about those grenades that are designed to stick to people..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Well, the Chimera squad isn't really police, they are more of a paramilitary outfit, which makes sense if they descend from Xcom which was a straight-up army.