Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Yeah, I figure we are the squad that gets called in when the regular cops are rattled because there's twenty guys with machine guns, flamethrowers and kamikaze robots holed up somewhere. We cancel these motherfuckers with extreme prejudice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Regallion posted:

Well, the Chimera squad isn't really police

Hell, Whisper explicitly states exactly this right near the start of the game. "We are not the police. You see someone committing a crime, call the cops." The exception being dangerous alien technology, which is their job to reclaim.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Pretty sure warcrimes arent really a thing any more, especially when fighting psychic aliens who can raise the dead.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 5 - Oh No Robot!

Nothing but raw deals tonight

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
VIP: Nobody has it worse than I do.
*X-Com's no good awful very rude day*
Also VIP: You know what actually my life my great.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 6 - A Sick Lean

I'd honestly be sad if this game didn't have weird visual glitches, it's been part of XCOM's DNA since the DOS era :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 7 - A Smushy, Smushy Boy

So it turns out agents can get scars if they get gravely wounded at all :cripes: I thought it was only if they went into bleedout

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON

Danaru posted:

So it turns out agents can get scars if they get gravely wounded at all :cripes: I thought it was only if they went into bleedout

Depends on difficulty i believe. Like i hosed up badly and had three agents in bleedout but only one got a scar.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Danaru posted:

"this game has become shockingly prescient" :smith:

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

starbucks hermit posted:

"this game has become shockingly prescient" :smith:

When this game was released (April 23, 2020) I was wondering if it seemed to just be put out there with zero marketing because some of the story-lines were getting a little too real with COVID. This was pre-GeorgeFloyd and pre-QAnon becoming mainstream as well.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 8 - I Know About Apples

Whisper gets increasingly frightened at the commander screaming about apples and indecipherable garbage over the radio, Director Kelly just says "he opened the Vicar's Cross didnt he"

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Danaru posted:

Whisper gets increasingly frightened at the commander screaming about apples and indecipherable garbage over the radio, Director Kelly just says "he opened the Vicar's Cross didnt he"

"apples are apples"

:same:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON

Danaru posted:

Whisper, like the commander, is from Canada. I don;t think he'd get frightened, he'd just assume you were a maritimer.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Danaru posted:

I thought Sacred Coil were alien supremacists not human ones

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheKirbs posted:

I thought Sacred Coil were alien supremacists not human ones

Yeah they are, I keep mixing them up with Shrike, the buttasses who got mad that XCOM had a poor view on genocide for some reason :frogdunce: I don't know what the other two factions are all about but I'm not expecting any egalitarians

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 9 - I love my lovely stupid children

Back in Alien War 2 they referred to this as "The Uh-Oh Hour". I like yelling :downs:

E: Whoops yeah that's the one

Danaru fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 23, 2020

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

Back in Alien War 2 they referred to this as "The Uh-Oh Hour". I like yelling :downs:

I think you meant Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 9 - I love my lovely stupid children

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
*Terrible shot against android*
Axiom: You want to aim for the fleshy bits.

Godmother, stop listening to Axiom's advice on anything but punching.

I also want drunk Dan to read the 'anonymous tip' Patchwork wrote about how X-Com should totally extract the cool kid with cyber legs.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

This episode was great, so good, just what i needed today, thank you :buddy:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Section Z posted:

*Terrible shot against android*
Axiom: You want to aim for the fleshy bits.

Godmother, stop listening to Axiom's advice on anything but punching.

I also want drunk Dan to read the 'anonymous tip' Patchwork wrote about how X-Com should totally extract the cool kid with cyber legs.

that's a pretty cool bio, actually.

Despite what sounded like a very high intoxication level, that last mission was pretty much perfect.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Just wanted to chime in with a small tidbit that the guy in the painting is Garth de Angelis, who is a senior lead on Firaxis and the modern Xcom games.

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
I am starting to legitimately worry about your liver and other bodily functions now. Even more so by the fact that by watching your videos that I'm enabling you. Is it possible to vote you stop the drinking game before you hurt yourself more? Or at the very least any vote to help mitigate drinking more. IE tranq rounds are allowed or any abilities which incapacitate instead of kill or allowed.

On a constructive note fairly certain that Axiom's Psych up is a freebie and should be spammed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I can assure you there's nothing to worry about, I only buy enough beer to get just below my limit. I'm a giant baby when it comes to nausea so I know exactly where my line is :v: Plus we've been doing this for years

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 10 - They're Just Mad

It's amazing how much game you can actually play when you don't have to deal with ten minute loading screens

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Danaru posted:

I can assure you there's nothing to worry about, I only buy enough beer to get just below my limit. I'm a giant baby when it comes to nausea so I know exactly where my line is :v: Plus we've been doing this for years

I can attest to that. I still remember the MGS3 episode where you fought The Fury :allears:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I love how the mission descriptions are all like "watch out, here there be robots" and you're all like "I hope there are robots on this mission". I don't share the same enthusiasm because I only had Terminal as my gremlin handler in my playthrough.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Don't worry Dan the Viper turned out to have been a drug dealer who died from an overdose.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Assigned Sectoid at birth.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 11 - Straight Up Balls

Walk it off, Axiom

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I like Andrea

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I like Andrea :colbert:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Regallion posted:

Well, the Chimera squad isn't really police, they are more of a paramilitary outfit, which makes sense if they descend from Xcom which was a straight-up army.
They're most analogous to a Gendarmerie, right down to being a military unit that got into the police business to maintain public order while notionally pursuing a non-law enforcement mandate. Which is arguably a good idea in this case, since guys with pepper spray and handcuffs aren't going to do poo poo to swarms of chrysallids turning the citizenry into eternally pregnant cocoon sacs.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 12 - I Have Opinions About Fascism

We're kicking down Sacred Coil's door! Soon these Ronin will be Exterminated.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Calling Singapore "a whole country" is generous, but it's a nice little place if you happen to head over that way. You'll hate the fancy downtown but it's got its cultural neighborhoods as well, like most big cities.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I know the big deal is the Sacred Coil base. But what I want to know is why did you even bother getting sent to save that Data Analyst, if they are so terrible at their job you only get 80% chance for intel?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Section Z posted:

I know the big deal is the Sacred Coil base. But what I want to know is why did you even bother getting sent to save that Data Analyst, if they are so terrible at their job you only get 80% chance for intel?

maybe the data analyst's job is to create stock market predictions and analyze elerium futures and not the capabilities or strategies of terrorist organizations

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

32:50 posted:

"there could have been andromedon in here, so it could be worse"

"they do have andromedon in here"

same here, I wish for andromedon death

We haven't seen any andromedon civilians yet, have we? Kinda makes me wonder about the role of these people in this city's society.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

starbucks hermit posted:

same here, I wish for andromedon death

We haven't seen any andromedon civilians yet, have we? Kinda makes me wonder about the role of these people in this city's society.

Hilariously, the lore for their post-war lifestyle is "they all live in one area outside the city. No one goes there. Every Thursday we hear a lot of gunfire."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'd like Andrea more if she ever invited me to thursday night ride armour gun hockey :mad: Just because I dont breath acid suddenly I'm not good enough

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

if andrea were a playable character, would a locker even be needed?

I guess you have to store the suit coolant somewhere but it would be unlikely that osha-equivalent agencies would allow such dangerous chemicals to be stored in a locker room.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

Hilariously, the lore for their post-war lifestyle is "they all live in one area outside the city. No one goes there. Every Thursday we hear a lot of gunfire."
TBF it's a little difficult to integrate into society when every aspect of your physiology is incompatible with the rest of the planet, and you can't survive outside your armored war suit.

Andrea wouldn't need her own locker, but equal opportunity regulations would require XCOM to install an Andromedon bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Would it be a cruel prank to Andrea or Frost to say "Don't worry, We'll give you Frost's locker!... Oh that's right the robot doesn't get one."