Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Does commander Dan agree that ruining that civilian's BBQ is worse than blowing up the mayor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dumb ideas where QoL would come at the cost of hilarious(?) failure.

Is it possible to give your robot buddy tranq rounds? That way the only way you can use them is after taking extra drinks to cover for the mangled corpses of your agents :pseudo:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
VIP: Nobody has it worse than I do.
*X-Com's no good awful very rude day*
Also VIP: You know what actually my life my great.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
*Terrible shot against android*
Axiom: You want to aim for the fleshy bits.

Godmother, stop listening to Axiom's advice on anything but punching.

I also want drunk Dan to read the 'anonymous tip' Patchwork wrote about how X-Com should totally extract the cool kid with cyber legs.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I know the big deal is the Sacred Coil base. But what I want to know is why did you even bother getting sent to save that Data Analyst, if they are so terrible at their job you only get 80% chance for intel?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Would it be a cruel prank to Andrea or Frost to say "Don't worry, We'll give you Frost's locker!... Oh that's right the robot doesn't get one."

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
To the outside observer, your choices in order are-
1: Oops all psychics.
2: Bootleg X-Com gone bad?
3: The guys mad you already beat them in the last game.

So I can't blame people for thinking the third one would be the least painful instead of the MOST painful. At least, I know I would have thought that :downs:

Were they trying for some "There is no WRONG choices, scaling difficulty will make it all the same in the end!" and then hosed it up?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Axiom has a big future in interior decorating.

He can list it on his resume next to internal organ punching.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Didn't the better medkits in the new X-com games get made by juicing the corpses of snake people? So uh... They probably don't smell great without added air freshener.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So clearly, Cherub's secondary job is to lull enemies into a false sense of security, before a shotgun erases them from existence.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
You know Zephyr punches great when you think "Man it would be so loving bullshit if enemies did this when they punch you."

Also, faceless rights group chat reminds me of a very dumb movie I once watched, that had a single feature I ever remember.

The very generically named "Spaceship" (?) , it had Leslie Nielsen slumming it. Where the monster sang a five minute song about how he wanted to eat your face... and then there was like another three minutes of dead air while it just danced silently to stock music to fill time.

This dumb trivia is relevant because the scientist got his arms ripped off while still convinced "But we can be friends with faceless monster!"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Catching back up and I'm proud of Cherub's growing kill count.

I hope Dan's new job is cool and one where people won't get mad at paying him for being indestructible.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm getting various tabletop flashbacks over "He is our tank!" "In THEORY.", and those were the groups that liked the tank.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 34 - Terminal's In Jail

"Axiom doesn't need aim since he'll mostly be smashing." --Dan
*Seven seconds pass*
"Okay Axiom needs aim since he'll be shooting the most" --Dan

Y'all gotta understand I'm dumb as poo poo and this much XCOM beer doesn't help.

E: god loving dammit fixed, not even sure how I managed that
This sounds bad, until you realize like Grace said you are blessed with both of these facts being true at the same time.

A fact quickly reinforced in the first mission.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I believe in my heart that Grace would have said brainternet at the exact same time as Dan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm glad he went to space got arrested, but I really respect the hustle of any enemy that decides "gently caress it I'll just casually throw this grenade three feet"

Even if the only reason they did it was because they probably knew they were three pixels outside of the blast radius. We all know a Muton would have thought it was the coolest poo poo even if it was risky.