Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ground floor. Been waiting for this since you started showing clips on twitter.

Good luck, Dan's liver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Danaru posted:

I can assure you there's nothing to worry about, I only buy enough beer to get just below my limit. I'm a giant baby when it comes to nausea so I know exactly where my line is :v: Plus we've been doing this for years

I can attest to that. I still remember the MGS3 episode where you fought The Fury :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I like Andrea :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

(Later, after the mission)

So tell me again what happened.

It was the weirdest thing. We thought we were done for, and then...

...And then?

And then someone crashed through the door. We have no idea who it was, they were wearing a hockey mask and some kind of... Snake suit? I'm not sure, it happened so fast.

What did they do?

That maniac spidermanned across the room, stabbed Bellus Mar in the face, destroyed the Gatekeeper with a single shotgun blast...

And the generators, don't forget the generators.

Oh yeah, they destroyed both generators with some weird weapon strapped to their wirst, plasma probably, it made a hella loud noise and the generators were just... Gone.

And then they fwipp-ed across the room again and ran away without saying a single word.

Hm, you're right, that is weird. Director, do you have any idea who that could've been?

(Hastily stuffs a half-open duffel bag with a plasma sword sticking partway out of it under her desk)

Director?

Huh? What? Oh, no, I'm sorry, I've never heard about someone like that before.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Congrats 🎉🎉🎊👏 :toot:

Also I love Punch Lady already :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Like you said, this was entirely unnecessary. Just go to xcom and tell them "We wanna fly spaceships, we'll take you wherever you wanna go." Bingo, situation solved.

But that's not so simple, isn't it? There's a whoooooole lot of distrust to work through, on both sides, plus this mystery organisation riling them up against the establishment. Honestly I just kinda wanna slap whoever Atlas is in their stupid face. I bet it's some kind of political ploy, using minorities (as well as Actual Fascists) to try and gain power.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Best of luck on the interview! Remember that pumping yourself up and smashing everything is a valid tactic.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Okay. Maloof?

No.

Absolutely not.

Any kind of registry that targets a specific category of people is a super extremely bad idea. Do not.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dead Reckoning posted:

TBF, the category we're talking about is "people who can melt your brain in the middle of a crowded subway car without any bystanders noticing", which puts it a touch closer to being a legitimate police matter than having the wrong politics.

Yes, but the game also mentions "dampeners" which psionics wear and which, presumably, make it so that anything bad and psi-related can't be an accident but must be deliberate. This is akin to a gun control issue: there are plenty of responsible gun owners who have a good reason to own a gun, and then there are those who go around doing crimes with it. Only in this case the "gun" is someone's literal brain, while you can choose to not buy a gun you can't choose to not be a psionic.

e. Whooooops I made this reply before the game mentioned the dampeners are painful so that's egg on my face! Still, the point stands that you cannot discriminate an entire section of people (psionics, in this case) because of something they might do. There is, presumably, a law that says "do not use your psi powers on unwilling people," so. Yes, criminals don't respect laws, but then it's a case of "might as well not pass any laws ever then."

Mikl fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 7, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Danaru posted:

Oh I'm sorry do you WANT me to bring back portable ops? Because you know drat well I'll bring back portable ops

Metal Gear Solid PoOps

(That game would need lots of QOL improvements to be bearable to play or watch.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Godmother sighed as she drew her shotgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I for one I'm not going to blame the literal slaves who were forced under threat of genocide (or worse, psychically enslaved) into fighting. Just as I'm not going to blame the humans who would have been genocided if they hadn't fought back.

The only truly guilty party in the occupation and subsequent war of liberation were the elders / ethereals. gently caress those guys.

Congrats on finishing the LP, Dan, I really enjoyed it :)