Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
I am starting to legitimately worry about your liver and other bodily functions now. Even more so by the fact that by watching your videos that I'm enabling you. Is it possible to vote you stop the drinking game before you hurt yourself more? Or at the very least any vote to help mitigate drinking more. IE tranq rounds are allowed or any abilities which incapacitate instead of kill or allowed.

On a constructive note fairly certain that Axiom's Psych up is a freebie and should be spammed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
That said isn't this their second or third play through? I could have sworn they said they finished this game before.

Then again they are playing sub-optimally under some very bad personal modifiers. IE: Being drunk off their gourd.

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
As for the explanation on the oddities of the android this technically applies for anyone you control on an objective marker. Whether it be a device or more importantly an evacuation point. You DON'T have to evacuate/operate at the very first moment. You can pass the turn and the option appears, I think, on ANY available agents turn. Not just the person who can press the button. Useful if you want to have something eat an additional shot before you hit the bug out button while still being able to exit before it's turn.

As for solving that battle in particular... I guess you figured it out. Just not the way I thought. IE save scum. I was going to say you should have noticed that grenades strip armor just like the original series. Hence packing a tasty supply of armor stripping goodness would have been very useful.

Finally I'm fairly certain subdue damage goes through armor pips/diamonds. The 2-3 damage is the actual limiter compared to, you know, shooting things.

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
I guess I'll have to be the smart rear end then. Vipers are immune to poison. The medkits special abilities is to prevent the holder from being poisoned.

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
And that's why I'm not so much into Verge. Berserk doesn't always go after your enemies. If they can't see an enemy your own people are just as viable as a target. Some, I think, are hard coded to never go after enemy teammates. Either way they can still miss their allies and confirmation bias always has them hit you.

On the flip side Stupor is a coin flip. Either it stuns an enemy for a turn or they get one action anyway. Which they generally use to screw you up.

As a topper once you use it on an enemy you can't use it on them again.

For other opinions Torque's poison is a 100% accurate breach damage over time. Which is usually a much better option than shooting someone. Always be spitting.

More fun facts. Bound enemies don't get their turn. Just crawl up to one for crowd control. The damage falls off after time as the game progresses but it's always hilarious to bind them in your own poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
In case you guys were interested Xcom: Chimera Squad is in the latest monthly Humble bundle.