Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I've heard conflicting things about this game, but what I've seen of it personally looks interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Do tranq rounds work on robots?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danaru posted:

Torque's strangling move was also a really safe way to finish off an injured enemy in an inconvenient spot :v: I'm really hoping her and Zephyr show up again

Does she incapacitate enemies she strangles?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I agree with Grace, androids shouldn't count for the drinking game. Or any kind of enemy that can't be arrested for that matter.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

FoolyCharged posted:

The bottom left corner of the screen disagrees :colbert:

It's Political Correctness gone mad! Or are we supposed to say Cancel Culture now?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Assigned Sectoid at birth.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danaru posted:

Yeah in practice it's basically Bladestorm but with a shotgun

A Bulletstorm you say?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Crane Fist posted:

This is actually the perfect way of putting it and I absolutely love the idea of XCOM doing Operation Gladio during the reconstruction, that's incredibly dark

Can't wait for Italy to launch into the Years of Plasma

Better that than whatever the XCOM equivalent of the Dutroux Affair is.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Pea posted:

This is an oddly specific old reference. :confused:

Something being better for rebuilding a society compared to a convicted murderer and serial child rapist is a pretty low bar to clear.
Conducting an almost 8 year long clusterfuck of an investigation rife with mistakes and rumors of a cover up didn't help society either.

The Dutroux Affair isn't just what Dutroux himself did but all the suspicious circumstances around him, like the dozens of dead witnesses or him owning ten houses while being on welfare, that all look like there's a cover up going on to protect powerful people.

Pea posted:

On the other hand, leaving behind agents to influence and badger a country into doing what you want, rather than respecting the people's choice, and actively attempting to destabilize the country with terror bombings is just as lovely, but in a different way.

Assuming all the aliens have the same life expectancy as humans, I'd guess it would take at least 50 years before "who did which war crimes during the war" would cease to be a really influential issue in politics and everyday life.

Gladio wasn't just right-wing terrorism but had ties to organized crime, drug and human tracking among others, which they either partake of directly or allow to happen.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Pea posted:

It simply surprised me to see it mentioned on a US-based forum in an LP thread about XCOM. Let alone 24 years after his arrest and 16 years after he was finally convicted. :psyduck:

Seeing Operation Gladio mentioned jogged my memory. I learned about him when he was described as being kind of like Europe's Epstein.

starbucks hermit posted:

people are not going to ask for comment when you get to David Carradine levels of misadventure

A lot of ex-ADVENT officials kneeled forcefully after the war.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danaru posted:

Yeah sorry, I've only had two days off since like, mid-december so we ran out of backlog for everything, also we used those two days to play Stardew Valley because of course we'd start a new project instead of working on any of our ongoing ones. We should be recording more XCOM this saturday barring any bullshit

Looking forward to it. What's the most number of LPs you've had going on at the same time?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The title says it's Stardew Valley. Good luck on the interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Yvershek posted:

Just heard Dan's drunken bit about Jesus having a micro-peen in another lp. He has absolutely no standing when it comes to saying Grace should knock anything off.

That's a theologically irrelevant point. No one thinks Saturn's ring is Christ's foreskin anymore.