Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr Christmas posted:

With Torque, you can always cancel the bind and then bonk the guy to subdue in the same turn, you just have to be aware that the bind does ramping damage each time it’s used so you don’t use it too long. The bind makes her a tempting target for enemies, so I seldom got that far. You also have to be aware that if the last enemy in an encounter is in Torque’s clutches, she’ll immediately kill them.

Sometimes I wonder if they were leaning into her backstory when they made almost every one of her abilities a literal war crime, or if it just ended up that way given the source material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

starbucks hermit posted:

"this game has become shockingly prescient" :smith:

When this game was released (April 23, 2020) I was wondering if it seemed to just be put out there with zero marketing because some of the story-lines were getting a little too real with COVID. This was pre-GeorgeFloyd and pre-QAnon becoming mainstream as well.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So people who are actually good at this game (i.e. not me), is it actually possible to beat this missing given the research/training/purchase decisions that we're locked into?

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kw0134 posted:

Oh hey Dan picked up an epic shotgun! I'm sure he'll put it on Godmother and make good use of that.

lol no Dan slams through two missions without so much as looking at his loadouts

So since we got another 4 episodes recorded before he'll see these comments, odds are that he goes another four without realizing it?

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm a bit disappointed that you passed up on Claymore, but I can understand the appeal of wanting rad snake lady. That said, Claymore does have some of my favorite squad banter moments, specifically with Axiom and Verge.

I'm not sure that Danaru would still have a liver by the end of the LP if Claymore was on the team.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

It sort of bothers me that you aren't using Axiom's free action ability to boost his rage levels. Higher rage improves a lot of his abilities and proccing the berserk is almost always a positive. Generally I tend to get him to level 3 or 4 rage ASAP.

Not going to claim to be good at this game, but I can't help but feel that the way Axiom is currently being played just turns him into a bad Godmother.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

W.T. Fits posted:

The takedown mission for each faction consists of five maps total, with the player only ever seeing three of them based on the order you play through the factions in. If you take on a faction first, then you do maps 1-3, if you take them on second, you do maps 2-4, and if it's the last faction, you do maps 3-5.

So for example, in Danaru's run, since he did Sacred Coil first, he got maps 1 (subway area outside the temple), 2 (the temple that ends with the two waves of Ronin reinforcements) and 3 (the room where Bellus Mar summoned the Gatekeeper). If he'd gone for them second instead of first, he'd have started on map 2, moved on to map 3, and then there would have been an additional map beyond that. If he'd saved Sacred Coil for last, he would have started in the room where the Gatekeeper was summoned, then moved on to the last two maps after that.

Thanks for explaining this. I did Sacred Coil last out of sheer luck, and I was really confused by this play-through. I thought maybe I was mixing up the end of that mission (I hope the other two have as epic of a "true ending" as that one did) with the start of the end-game.

Guess I'll have to go back and replay it!

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Everything ok over there? Hope The Progeny didn't get to you.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
. . . were you talking about Donner Kebab in the last video? I've had it at several places in the US and Europe and never heard of or seen putting cheese on it before.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, yes, Regen Weave is good. Can't speak for Hell Weave or Overdrive Serum, but I definitely got my money's worth out of Regen Weave.

edit: whoops, mixing up items

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are we done? It would be a shame, wanted to see what the hard version of The Progeny would look like.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In case you didn't figure it out, that Ventilate missed because your mouse moved at the last second. I don't know know if it works in Chimera Squad, but the XCom trick of pixel hunting with the mouse and confirming the reciticle with the space button should stop that from happening.

I think the giant rock is a heat rock for snakes? Also looks like there might be snakeskins around it.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When this game first came out I remember there being a general consensus that Zephyr and Cherub both fell off pretty hard after the early/mid game. Seeing cherub's role as support when your main wrecking ball likes to be close combat makes me wonder if that was a little hasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Grats on finishing the LP, been a fun ride. The rooftop mission gave me so much trouble on the final stage, it's was interesting to see how you just absolutely clowned it.