Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Now this is what I'm talkin' about. :sun:

On the topic of this thread, there is a social media app geared specifically towards anglers that allows you to show exact catch locations, general locations or no locations at all. I've found it interesting how anglers interact with it in different ways. Some are pretty guarded in how they share any info at all unless they decide that you meet their standards for cleaning up your mess, no overfishing, etc. Others are extremely open and will tell everything down to the gear and technique they used.

And while I usually support anglers being much more open with each other and abandoning the old habits of jealously guarding knowledge, I starting to see why the first group acts like it does. I've done some walking through the woods to explore a few different ponds with no recorded catches and since I put up catches in those locations, I've noticed more people fishing them and posting their own catches. Alot of these spots are on private property owned by corporations that own the property for future development or hold it as an asset. There is a general understanding of don't trash the place or otherwise ruin it that most people follow, but there is always that one dumbass that fucks it up for everyone. Hopefully nobody fucks up my favorite fishing holes. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU