Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
hello everyone, as you may or may not know I'm one of the byob teachers. I teach 6th grade, and while we are doing roll in distance learning, I have my students draw me a picture on the peardeck I make for class. Since I'm also not that creative, I've basically run out of random things to have my students draw (I do have some things but I would like to spread the SEL stuff around so its not athe only type of drawings they do), and quite frankly, the suggestions I've found online are kind of boring. basically, I was wondering if BYOB could give me some 6th grade appropriate suggestions for what I should request my students to draw.

Previous drawings include: a new animal made out of 2 other animals, themselves as a superhero fighting themselves as a supervillian (that one got weird), and some other poo poo that I'm too tired to go and look back on, but trust me it was good as hell.

if I use your suggestion, I'll post some of the drawings I get from students itt, so you all can appreciate how awesome my students really are. Please help me byo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

What you had for breakfast

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

i flunked out posted:

hello everyone, as you may or may not know I'm one of the byob teachers. I teach 6th grade, and while we are doing roll in distance learning, I have my students draw me a picture on the peardeck I make for class. Since I'm also not that creative, I've basically run out of random things to have my students draw (I do have some things but I would like to spread the SEL stuff around so its not athe only type of drawings they do), and quite frankly, the suggestions I've found online are kind of boring. basically, I was wondering if BYOB could give me some 6th grade appropriate suggestions for what I should request my students to draw.

Previous drawings include: a new animal made out of 2 other animals, themselves as a superhero fighting themselves as a supervillian (that one got weird), and some other poo poo that I'm too tired to go and look back on, but trust me it was good as hell.

if I use your suggestion, I'll post some of the drawings I get from students itt, so you all can appreciate how awesome my students really are. Please help me byo

"What Fun New Animal Would You Like to See (and what does it look like)"

vanisher

How a clock works

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Yourself as a robot

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
An elaborate trap to capture Santa (and keep all the goodies)

vanisher

The perfect day

(for a cat)

vanisher

Some way to improve face masks

vanisher

The American dream (for a dog)

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
A new type of vehicle, both the outside and the inside

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

nut

your favourite animal playing your favourite instrument

Chewbecca

Snails, but with different kinds of houses on their backs

Or the side cut out view of their dream house

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Ooh, or you could do a thing like goonbase where they all have to draw their own room inside the same sized rectangle, and you tape them together on the wall!

Prof. Crocodile

have them draw their dream meal, any foods that they want to eat, breakfast/lunch/dinner/dessert

Chewbecca

Maybe they could draw "solution to pollution" and they have to come up with ideas to solve pollution!

Khanstant
a reverse-hand turkey. trace a turkey 2 make it look like a hand

Khanstant
tell them to try and draw the imagined skeleton of a cartoon character

Khanstant
have them draw a man with a biiiig belly and its so full that spaghetti is starting to squirm out of his bellybutton and pores and the guy is wearing a chefs hat and he says "mama mia" and one hand is tossing a pizza up in the air

cda

by Hand Knit
olaf from frozen smoking weed

cda

by Hand Knit
have them try to exactly 1000 of something. closest to 1000 without going over wins

Macnult

cda posted:

have them try to exactly 1000 of something. closest to 1000 without going over wins

lol

Macnult

have them turn their least favorite superhero into a superhero that’d easily make their top 3

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

cda posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Prof. Crocodile

Khanstant posted:

a reverse-hand turkey. trace a turkey 2 make it look like a hand

vanisher

cda posted:

olaf from frozen smoking weed

Robot Made of Meat

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Yourself as a robot

I could phone this one in!

ETA: Have them draw something terrible. Like, instead of "the best car," or "the coolest superhero," have them draw "The worst lunch," or "The most boring theme park."

Subverting paradigms can be fun!

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 5, 2020

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Finger Prince

6th grade, I think they're ready to explore higher dimensions. Start with a hypercube, which is really just a cube extended into the 4th dimension, and go from there! The sky's the limit, or rather, the sky is just the start!

Escape From Noise

Dream vacation (no rules)

You're stuck on a desert island! Draw three items you'd salvage from the plane before you swim to safety!

Chewbecca

Get them to draw their favorite teacher

And then fail all the kids who don't draw you :evilbuddy:

Alternatively get them to draw their favorite person

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
anime

Shadow0

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Have them draw up a retirement plan. It's never too early to start saving.

Finger Prince

A butt

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Bible stories but with pirates.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

frump truck

hello... again!

NOT A DRAWING BUT have them make a (loosely, potentially metaphorically) representational figure using household items

frump truck

hello... again!

have them draw themselves as adults or as elderly people, and what they think they'll be doing on any given day

frump truck

hello... again!

a scary clown

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Don't worry op I got you with the good stuff

What is the best / worst part about being a sixth grader / a tweenage child in the modern world?

the unabonger

vanisher posted:

What you had for breakfast

not everyone had breakfast, so instead I had them draw their dream breakfast. Also this is only one of my three sets of kids so far. Here is an album with all of the drawings so far

this kid and I have been having an argument about what tea is the best since school started.

Shoutout to this kid whose dream breakfast is just toast

I'm in on cookies

this kid wrote his dream breakfast, but then drew for what he would settle for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

i flunked out posted:

not everyone had breakfast, so instead I had them draw their dream breakfast. Also this is only one of my three sets of kids so far. Here is an album with all of the drawings so far

this kid and I have been having an argument about what tea is the best since school started.

Shoutout to this kid whose dream breakfast is just toast

I'm in on cookies

this kid wrote his dream breakfast, but then drew for what he would settle for.

Amazing! Thanks for reporting back