Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Sundae posted:

I think the mistake is using it for anything other than having an updated professional profile / resume, and checking jobs relevant to your work / talking to people you already know through work connections. The broad social aspect of it is hot garbage.

I think this is the correct take! I have noticed that LinkedIn recruiter behavior is wildly different per field. CS folk can get directly recruited. My field is not CS and I think I’ve had 7 recruiters ever contact me and 6 were basically not even for what I do.

However! Making an updated LinkedIn is low effort and likely has a small but non-zero impact on your job search.

Feel free to link your LinkedIn and goons can help provide feedback!

Good luck my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU