Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I'm turning 35 in under two weeks and I'm still a massive goober.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frump truck

hello... again!

take the moon posted:

how do you stop being this after 3 plus decades of life

i'm still a goober, just less of one (i hope)

Lock posted:

why did u leave

serious answer: i was an assistant english teacher who was in 4 schools, 2 of which wanted to use me as a human tape recorder and 2 that let me do creative fun things. they were implementing new national elementary english curriculum the next year which would have wiped out my chances to keep doing creative fun things, so i left

now it's 10+ years later and i'm postin in here heelllll yeeeah :cheers:

frump truck fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 7, 2020

Escape From Noise

Huh. I was in a tiny village so I was teaching English at Kindergarten and Elementary from the start, but when the first curriculum was released it didn't change my situation much, but that could have just been my situation. I had a book I was supposed to use but it was pretty small so I could just do a chapter pretty quickly and then move on to doing my own stuff. But that was also a really long time ago so I could be misremembering stuff. I enjoyed my time teaching but it wasn't going to be something I was going to be able to really do long term.

frump truck

hello... again!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Huh. I was in a tiny village so I was teaching English at Kindergarten and Elementary from the start, but when the first curriculum was released it didn't change my situation much, but that could have just been my situation. I had a book I was supposed to use but it was pretty small so I could just do a chapter pretty quickly and then move on to doing my own stuff. But that was also a really long time ago so I could be misremembering stuff. I enjoyed my time teaching but it wasn't going to be something I was going to be able to really do long term.

what did you do after that/what do you do now

Escape From Noise

frump truck posted:

what did you do after that/what do you do now

I went back to the US to go to Seibel brewing school in Chicago with the goal of coming back to Japan to work in craft beer. After about three and a half years in I got hired into the brewing industry here, to make a long story short. Although I haven't been brewing for over a year because the place I started working at last year still doesn't have their license. I'm kind of not sure if they ever will, so I'm looking for something new again.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

That’s awesome. If I knew anything about brewing beer I’d be trying the same.

ps please introduce the glory of sour beers over here tia

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Lock

frump truck posted:

serious answer: i was an assistant english teacher who was in 4 schools, 2 of which wanted to use me as a human tape recorder and 2 that let me do creative fun things. they were implementing new national elementary english curriculum the next year which would have wiped out my chances to keep doing creative fun things, so i left

yah, I can def understand that

The Voice of Labor

when you use words to woo your women do you speak to them in their native japanese or do you praise their virtues and wordize your lust in english, the language of romance and cheeseburgers?

Escape From Noise

Lock posted:

That’s awesome. If I knew anything about brewing beer I’d be trying the same.

ps please introduce the glory of sour beers over here tia

I actually think Shigo Kogen in Yama no Uchi and AJ Brewing in Nozawa are brewing true sours. Yorocco in Kanagawa also has started and I believe Kyoto Brewing is currently working on it. I'd like to start my own Brewery eventually and one of the things I would love to do is have a sour program. Nagano has a great beer scene though.

Escape From Noise

The Voice of Labor posted:

when you use words to woo your women do you speak to them in their native japanese or do you praise their virtues and wordize your lust in english, the language of romance and cheeseburgers?

Generally Japanese at first at least. Maybe some English, especially if I can teach them something kind of cool and simple. Unless they know English. I'm really bad at dating though

Lock

hi when you’re hiring for your brewery please keep my name in mind here is my resume:
I drank so many beers from the Wicked Weed Funkatorium

Awesome, I will have to check those out. I was lookong forward to the local Beer Fest before covid covidded.

and yeah, I feel you about dating. I was terrible at it too, until right around your age I met the woman I’m engaged to.

start with japanese b/c 1 most people here rightfully believe no one else can speak their language and 2 it helps discourage the gaijin-hunters

but seriously it’s probably 50-50 between me and my fiancee. I know she’s angry when it’s 100% Japanese.

Escape From Noise

Where in Nagano are you? Matsumoto Brewing is also good.

Lock

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Where in Nagano are you? Matsumoto Brewing is also good.
Exactly where I am. I’ve had a few of their offerings.

Escape From Noise

Lock posted:

Exactly where I am. I’ve had a few of their offerings.

Hop Frog Cafe usually seems to have some interesting stuff from what I've heard. I was only in Matsumoto once but it was a nice city

Lock

It’s pretty nice, fiancee wants to stay here so I’ll probably be around for a while. Yell if you’re in the area sometime.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Goon friends please post pics of your goonventures :3:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Lock posted:

It’s pretty nice, fiancee wants to stay here so I’ll probably be around for a while. Yell if you’re in the area sometime.

I'll let you know! If you can make it and it's happening next year Snow Monkey Craft Beer Live is a pretty legit event held on Shiga Kogen in February. Let me know if you visit Osaka or Kyoto!

Lock

when the ‘vid is gone, I’ll def be in Kyoto at some point. Love that place.

Chewbecca posted:

Goon friends please post pics of your goonventures :3:

i got an ig if that’s your thing friend

Escape From Noise

Important update: I may have a date here eventually after all.

Lock

:hfive: :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Eventually