Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Chewbecca posted:

You've lucked out, as your Spoonville Ambassador is the mysterious double agent known only as "the chef". It's said our good friend here once killed an army armed only with a delicious frittata (I'm not across the details).

Try to stay on his good side!

i've been having a lovely time with my spoonville ambassador "the chef". this morning we found a nice bush of spoonberries growing in the woods. we picked the whole thing dry. now he says he's going to make me a spoonberry pie thats "to die for" :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Are spoonerisms common in spoonville? I'd lure shike to know!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Musluk posted:

Oh, no, not the kindergarten spoons!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i've been having a lovely time with my spoonville ambassador "the chef". this morning we found a nice bush of spoonberries growing in the woods. we picked the whole thing dry. now he says he's going to make me a spoonberry pie thats "to die for" :)

lucky loved spoon berry pie :smith:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Are spoonerisms common in spoonville? I'd lure shike to know!

Your Spoonville Ambassador is Lin. Lin is an exchange student who is joining us from Forktopia, and is participating in the Ambassador program in order to earn college credit.

Lin is small, cute, and bristles with white hot fury at the slightest inconvenience!

You take care now.

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Me at the Spoonville town council meeting, they have long been awaiting my well articulated, deeply considered speech for why we as Spoonville should legalize weed even more, rendering it extra-legal, super legal, judiciously legal to a point that it's so legal that people would think it no less legal than breathing air in public. They observe me crawling similar to an ant because I'm low to the earth as I stroll up to the town hall, I'm in my hub spinner, lowrider, hydraulics on mega-low as I skim off the asphalt like caramel licked off a pan brother. I waltz into the council building and I do mean waltz, my leg moves whipping and wapping out in slo-mo because I'm on that Jigglers infused with the hottest new strains that got triple threat efficacy in getting you to that ant state, the ant-mind, killer efficient and lethal at debating, using only facts, and only feelings in tandem, bound together by the wisdom of balance, I hold up my chain and give a blessing to the memory of Triple Six Mafia who ascended to heaven on that faithful third day when they overdosed on Bin Laden Weed and left this earth to reach a state of consciousness here-to-fore unknown and unexperienced by us.

There's coughing, clearing throats, nervous shifting in the bean bag chairs and the shuffling in the beans within the chairs is like a chorus of rainsticks at a Boy Scout camp-out sushing all at once, like a hall-wide shooshing sound cuz it's time to shoosh and hear the All-Powerful's words.

I click on the clicker and the projector switches on, the big white crumpled bedsheet screens shimmers and makes it seem as though everyone is tripping huge balls, only accentuating the anticipation of the crowd. I pull it up, on screen, they recognize it immediately, they know what it is, and they couldn't believe it before, it was the argument they should have known would have sealed the extra-legal weed-gal debate.

It's the music video Still Tippin' by Mike Jones, feat. Slim Thug and Paul Wall. Mike Jones turns his face to the crowd from the comfort of his extremely low, low-rider (tippin') and says with the utmost confidence, as the crowd gasps.

"BLOWIN ON THAT ENDO

GAMECUBE,

NINTENDO."

The crowd explodes in cheers, it's unanimous, weed is now extra legal.

OP please render this dramatically with spoonmen

Chewbecca

Your Spoonville Ambassador is Nina the Brave. Nina is brave in the heat of battle, will defend your honor to the death, and makes the best pancakes. I hope you're hungry!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Evil Bob

you know i just arrived in spoonville for its famous annual “ladlefest” it’s well known for the no holds barred freedom and nudity, as well as music, sex and drugs.

this was going to be my first year going and to be honest I was a little nervous being in a new place, going to a raucous festival, all alone. now that I’ve arrived and met Nina, maybe I’ll chill for a day or two before making my way out to the giant bowl in the mountains for the party.

ninas pancakes have been fantastic and she knows a lot about the area and the culture. hey maybe I won’t have to go to Ladlefest alone after all. still have a week until the closing ceremonies. plenty of time to get to know spoonville AND party my handle off.

you know, I’m starting to like it around here

Evil Bob

holy poo poo Nina just literally ripped a woman’s boob off that looked at me with lustful eyes.

a whole boob.

and she keeps talking about these caves with giant spiders she wants to hit up for “sick loot” on the way to the party. I’m kinda scared but I hope she is talking about mushrooms

Evil Bob

alright well Nina and I had a little chat and I think things are gonna work out just fine. what’s a little boob ripping incident amongst friends. Boob ripping aside Nina is a real smart and fun spoon. We just dropped acid at the museum of natural spoon history, we’re gonna go check out the cavespoon exhibit lol.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
lol at everything

may I have spoon ambass?

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Chewbecca

blaise rascal posted:

lol at everything

may I have spoon ambass?

Your Spoonville Ambassador is Honk. Honk has this name because she makes a honking noise in lieu of talking. She's surprisingly good at karaoke so expect to spend a lot of time honking your way through Cher's back catalogue!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Chewbecca posted:

Your Spoonville Ambassador is Honk. Honk has this name because she makes a honking noise in lieu of talking. She's surprisingly good at karaoke so expect to spend a lot of time honking your way through Cher's back catalogue!
She is lovely, thank you!

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

Stoner Sloth, meet your new Spoonville Ambassador o. o is small in stature but big in personality! o likes boardgames but doesn't like to lose.

Really doesn't like to lose.

...you know, maybe stay away from boardgames, we don't want a repeat of 'the incident'

Enjoy Spoonville!

fortunately i found a copy of candy land and after a game we both decided that the real winner was BYOB for having Chewbecca posting here!

thank you for introducing me to my new friend o!!!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

the chef tells me tonight is going to be special, because tonight he will be making ME dinner. i said spoon ambassador chef, you joker, you've made dinner every night this week how's that any different? he just laughed and walked away.

sometimes i don't get his sense of humor, but i'm always excited for a good meal. i hear him sharpening his knives now :yum:

Escape From Noise

the chef tells me tonight is going to be special, because tonight he will be making ME dinner. i said spoon ambassador chef, you joker, you've made dinner every night this week how's that any different? he just laughed and walked away.

sometimes i don't get his sense of humor, but i'm always excited for a good meal. i hear him sharpening his knives now :yum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxI7B758XBQ

Evil Bob

hey yall checkin in from ladlefest with nina and its WiIiIiIild!!

we found this battle arena party and nina is undefeated after nine matches! The spoons really let it all out around here. Spoonville rules! Ladlefest RULESSSSSS!! :woop:

Chewbecca

It appears the 4:20 all stations to Spoonville is running a little late!

I've got a lot of Ambassadors waiting here with me, so don't be afraid to volunteer to meet your new best friend!

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

Khanstant
lol im in awe of how much spoons u got hello to all of spoonsville

Chewbecca

Khanstant posted:

lol im in awe of how much spoons u got hello to all of spoonsville

Your extra special Ambassador is Princess Holly Hopkins. The Princess loves pink bubblegum, pink pineapples, and her baby pink bazooka. If she likes you she might even show you on the Spoonville shooting range!

Khanstant
in my favourite colors too! we'll bne great friends

Manifisto

Chewbecca posted:

Your extra special Ambassador is Princess Holly Hopkins. The Princess loves pink bubblegum, pink pineapples, and her baby pink bazooka. If she likes you she might even show you on the Spoonville shooting range!

the princess is so relatable, truly royalty of the people

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
several of the people i arrived with to spoonville have gone missing and on my late night searches i've gotten uncomfortable leers from some of the spoons...

mods please rename the thread "escape from spoonville"

Evil Bob

What with weed being extra legal here, i may not ever leave.

Ladlefest was crazy, now nina is showing me the best pools around to chill out at. Can't get over this extra legal weed. I don't think I've inhaled any regular old o2 the entire week.

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

several of the people i arrived with to spoonville have gone missing and on my late night searches i've gotten uncomfortable leers from some of the spoons...

mods please rename the thread "escape from spoonville"

the luvcow version of spoonville is a film noir setting

"forget it jake, it's spoonville"

ty nesamdoom!

Khanstant

took holly on a walk w me today now shes tripping balls

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

the luvcow version of spoonville is a film noir setting

"forget it jake, it's spoonville"

in my short time during my midnight visits to the spoonville library i have reacquainted myself with the writings of h.p.lovecraft and though he was an irreconcilable racist his writings of a place called "cthuluspoonville" i have seen the timeless horrors he spoke of and the ancient evil it portended. my spoonville "ambassador" lucky has returned to me in my dreams and i see now what this place is. flee byob posters, escape from spoonville while you still can. godspeed jon glenn and the rest of us while we still can...

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

in my short time during my midnight visits to the spoonville library i have reacquainted myself with the writings of h.p.lovecraft and though he was an irreconcilable racist his writings of a place called "cthuluspoonville" i have seen the timeless horrors he spoke of and the ancient evil it portended. my spoonville "ambassador" lucky has returned to me in my dreams and i see now what this place is. flee byob posters, escape from spoonville while you still can. godspeed jon glenn and the rest of us while we still can...

lol

as you flee, make sure to avoid the werespoons that haunt the moors surrounding this place

ty nesamdoom!

Jinh

Hey uh I... lost... Harry? We've been staying at a hotel right outside town. He went downtown to go pay his bar tab from last night and never came back. I went to check on him but nobody saw anyone fitting his description. Hell, nobody remembers he exists, not even his family...

Evil Bob

Diane, 8:30 AM, September 15th.

Entering the town of Spoonville, five miles south of the Sporkane border, twelve miles west of the state line.

I’ve never seen so many Spoons in my life.

As W. C. Fields would say, I’d rather be here than Forkadelphia.

Fifty-four degrees on a slightly overcast day.

Weatherman said rain.

If you could get paid that kind of money for being wrong sixty percent of the time, it’d beat working.

Mileage is seventy-nine thousand three hundred forty-five, gauge is on reserve, riding on fumes here, I’ve got to tank up when I get into town.

Remind me to tell you how much that is.

Lunch was, uh, six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Butterknife Inn, that’s on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.

That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.

drat good food.

Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Okay.

Looks like I’ll be meeting up with the, ah, Sheriff Harry S. Spoonman.

Shouldn’t be too hard to remember that.

He’ll be at the Calspoon Memorial Hospital.

I guess we’re going to go up to intensive care and take a look at that girl that crawled down the railroad tracks off the mountain.

When I finish there I’ll be checking into a motel.

I’m sure the sheriff will be able to recommend a clean place, reasonably priced.

That’s what I need, a clean place, reasonably priced.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Evil Bob posted:

Entering the town of Spoonville, five miles south of the Sporkane border, twelve miles west of the state line.

Weatherman said rain.

If you could get paid that kind of money for being wrong sixty percent of the time, it’d beat working.

Mileage is seventy-nine thousand three hundred forty-five, gauge is on reserve, riding on fumes here, I’ve got to tank up when I get into town.

Lunch was, uh, six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Butterknife Inn, that’s on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.

That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.

drat good food.

Okay.

I guess we’re going to go up to intensive care and take a look at that girl that crawled down the railroad tracks off the mountain.

I’m sure the sheriff will be able to recommend a clean place, reasonably priced.

Jinh posted:

Hey uh I... lost... Harry? We've been staying at a hotel right outside town. He went downtown to go pay his bar tab from last night and never came back. I went to check on him but nobody saw anyone fitting his description. Hell, nobody remembers he exists, not even his family...

Manifisto

Jinh posted:

Evil Bob posted:

Weatherman said rain.

drat good food.

Okay.

ty nesamdoom!

Evil Bob

Diane, I've encountered another visitor to Spoonville upon entering the town.

It appears my contact Harry Spoonman has gone missing.

In fact, according to the residents he never existed at all.

This Jinh, however distinctly remembers seeing Harry last night at a local watering hole.

I find it to be no coincidence that Harry Spoonman has disappeared.

I have no doubt that this is connected to the spoon found yesterday by the river, wrapped in plastic. And the girl who crawled down the railroad tracks off the mountain.

As luck would have it, upon my arrival in town I have also met a beautiful spoon named Nina.

The type of spoon who makes you wish you knew a little french.

She has directed me toward a nice establishment here in town called The Great Northspoon.

It's clean, reasonably priced.

Diane, since I've arrived in town I can't shake the feeling that I am being watched, even now in my room.

After I unpack my things I will head to the cafe in the hotel for some breakfast, and some coffee.

No work gets done without coffee first.

Jinh

I found Harry. He was watching me the whole time, from everywhere. What a prankster.

Nothing will ever separate us again.

alnilam

Musluk posted:

Oh, no, not the kindergarten spoons!

ty manifisto

Evil Bob

Diane

This morning for breakfast I had Coffee, Oatmeal, and a side of fruit, the name of which escapes me. Something -Steen.

It was purple, with a white flesh. This is something we will have to investigate further upon my return to the bureau headquarters.

Exotic fruits aside, the breakfast was filling and the coffee was hot. Reasonably priced and well cooked. Nina's recommendation of the Great Northspoon has been all an agent can ask for in lodgings thus far.

Speaking of Nina, as we sat and had breakfast we overheard that Harry had been found! It turns out that there was a slight miscommunication in the case dossier.

The Sheriff I am looking for in Spoonville is not HARRY Spoonman, but his brother Frank Spoonman.

I pressed Nina on the subject of why she didn't tell me Harry was not the Sheriff, she shrugged her shoulders and said she "Didn't know the guy and assumed that someone dressed like you knew what he was talking about."

Nina is a resident of this area, and small as this town may be no one can be expected to know everyone.

However I have a feeling in a town like Spoonville everyone has their secrets.

On the same subject, I overheard some chatter from local spoons this morning at breakfast about an odd seeming occurrence that took place at the library in the past day or so.

From what I understand another outsider was seen in the library hunched over a table with the extended works of H.P. Lovecraft scattered about, mumbling to themselves, suddenly cursing loudly at times, and constantly looking over their shoulder.

They were last seen leaving the library with a book in their hand, and an acoustic guitar slung over their shoulder.

The book was H.P. Lovecraft's "The Dunwich Horror" checked out only under the name of "Luvcow" with no further information.

I need to track down this "Luvcow" and see if they are in anyway related to the girl found by the river which I have been sent here to investigate.

Lastly, Nina has proven herself more than capable. She appears fearless in the face of adversity, strong, healthy, and with a cunning and wit that some of the finest agents do not possess. She is proving indispensable to me while navigating the town of Spoonville.

I'll check back in soon.

Manifisto

the residents of this town will not, as a rule, abide any discussion of whatever it is that weighs on their spoony hearts. at best I got only this fragment of a folk tale, which is not even in english:

quote:

Geir: snile med melkekjertel, denne snile er nærmest et pattedyr
Jonas: ikke nærmest, så nær en kan komme, Geir

Geir: du verden, ved der mindste berørelser spruter snilen noget melkelignende,
Jonas: ikke -lignende, der er melk fra snilens bryst. Fang den nu, og fang dens make - jeg skal snilemelk kake bake

Geir: Akk ja, min snilemelk, nok en idé må vrakes. Stua full og gulvet knaker,
Jonas: Slimet kan dog samles opp og bli krem for både sjel og kropp.

Geir: Snilemelk, høgkultur. Kjøleskapets glemselsmur,
Jonas: En grekenkrem for fordøyelsen.

Geir: Snilemelk, et siste, lavmælt skrik.
Jonas: narren spiller til musik!

it seems to me unholy, abominable, on the brink of madness

Evil Bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Your Spoonville Ambassador is Boris the Bloodthirsty. Boris the Bloodthirsty eats an unusual amount of red meat so be prepared to spend a lot of time lining up at the butchers and the farmers market. He's also a total night owl, so you're likely to spend time exploring Spoonville's nightclub scene!