Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I give to these guys sometimes https://winterwildlands.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Look bud, my poop, loud music, and drunk fire are key to occupying space and keeping it away from you fuckers

Yesterday evening we put out an idiots' fire still smoking from the night before. There was a water source like 50 yards away, lazy assholes

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That reminds me of one. Skiing back a valley, I noticed a few sets of teenagers in hoodies. Not too weird, it's a nice sunny day and a popular trail, they seem happy running around. But heading back after sunset, seeing what looks like some of the same crew, now looking quite cold with arms curled and hoods pulled tight. I asked them, and find out they are a wrestling team. I got back to the trail head and sure enough there were the coaches, standing at the map. "Missing some wrestlers?" "Ya..." It seems they sent the team to climb a popular peak, which should take an hour or two. However they didn't think to make sure they took the right trail, or send a chaperone. I saw some of them like 4 miles back that valley, and still heading out. I checked the news the next day but no headlines, so I'm guessing they got away with it.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
At least twice we've packed up and drove home in the middle of the night cuz of drunk idiots. Once we were worried they were going to hit our tent with their truck. We're more selective about car camping now

Oh right, we have one like you too, where it was friends. Buddy organizes a float camp, wants to keep it smaller and more intimate. But word gets around and like 20+ sign on. He still wants to have a chill scene, hopes maybe they choose a different site to camp. But no, they set up on the same gravel bar. One of them brought a PA for blasting music

Epitope fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 9, 2023