Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Some jerk from a video game people used to like, a man who'd really like people to stop bullying his voice actor for being a fascist, Cullen Rutherford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Xerzes posted:

Some jerk from a video game people used to like, a man who'd really like people to stop bullying his voice actor for being a fascist, Cullen Rutherford

I previously used dialogue options to make this character my husband, a first for a Hunger Games entrant.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Codependent Poster posted:

Fine you cowards, I'll enter the man everyone wants to see.

SLAPJACK

Wait, THAT'S Slapjack? I thought that was Mace!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Wait, THAT'S Slapjack? I thought that was Mace!

Pretty sure that's T-BAR

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mace is Dio Madden I think? Slapjack is Shane Thorne, T Bar is I think a forgotten son? I forgot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please don't gloss over the final post of the previous page. just in case it's needed.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Cavauro posted:

please don't gloss over the final post of the previous page. just in case it's needed.

its under advisement

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Jerry Blackwell

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I nominate Chono corpsing on live TV before the tag team main event at the 1990 Feb 10 Dome Show where he teamed with Hashimoto against a tag team of Inoki and Sakaguchi because Hashimoto said something nonsensical when unexpectedly asked to comment during the pre-match promo.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nominating the Kaiju mastermind Dr Cube

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

We currently have 23 entries, so with the helpful understudy, we can start a game. If we don't get any more entries in 24 hours from now, we'll just go forward with the 24-entry game to warm up.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Even though this is mostly a singles competition, I like writing the blurbs so lets meet the teams!

The Jobber Revolution continues to burn in the hearts of jobbers everywhere. Even non-wrestling jobbers are joining up now. An enhancement talent par excellence teams up with a bear and bird duo whose substance abuse meant they never really had the careers of their contemporaries like Mario and Crash, Dave Stoudamire and Weed Banjo Kazooie have something to prove!

They say behind every man is a good woman. Well, behind every rich man is a good accountant. Super Mario has made billions over his 30 year career, and now enjoys the good life, managed by his financial consultant and occasional bodyguard. It's VK Wallstreet and Drunk Super Mario!

Authority! What's it good for anyway? Not much, if you ask this next team. Two people bound by a shared love of bringing down the system, the ace of Retribution and the Mockingjay look to shake things up a bit. Its Slapjack and Katniss Everdeen!

Two masked maulers from the mysterious East, these two legends of the ring are ready to bring a new level of aggression to the Ultra Arena. With a combination of speed, power, and hardcore daring, it'll be hard to beat The Great Sasuke and The Sultan!

Monsters! Are they bad or are they good? Opinions differ, but one evil man knows that monsters can be powerful allies. He summoned a legendary Gorgon to aid him but didn't exactly get what he was expecting. Nevertheless, the Arena must tremble before Dr. Cube and Dusa!

The legends tell of brave Templars, leaders of men who defended justice, protected the innocent, and absolutely did not whine about people being mean on Twitter dot com. Sometimes they would even have local allies, lovable characters who would show them how to smile. Let's write a new legend, that of Cullen Rutherford and Jerry Lewis!

When one is going into an arena like the Ultra Arena, one wants to secure every advantage possible. One way to do that might be being a giant robot with drills for arms who never gets tired. Another might be to actually be two guys instead of one. The Canadian thrillseekers and the Japanese robot will push these advantages, so look out for Mecha Mummy and Everrise!

In the 9th century, the waves were ruled by the Vikings. Terrifying raiders who changed the world wherever they stepped, these berserkers and shieldmaidens were untouchable in battle. In the 21st century, the nearest equivalent is probably YouTubers, everyone would agree. Whether it's sacking Wessex or providing wry commentary over Russian slapping videos, these two can get it done. Watch out for Eivor Varinsdottir and Cr1TiKal!

It's a cold hard world out there. Very few people are going to defend you out in the streets, and even less in the Ultra Arena. One way to defend yourself is to become a human weapon, a karate battler of highest degree. Another is to be 450 pounds and from the past. Let's test these techniques with Tory Nichols and Jerry Blackwell!

Lucha Libre is one of the oldest and richest traditions in all of pro wrestling. The glamour, the theatre, the sacred masks. All of this makes Luchadors just better than other wrestlers. Especially if they pretend to be hero turtles. Witness the rise of Mil Muertes and Ninja Tortuga Rafy!

Warriors don't always have to frown. Sometimes, there can be joy, even on the field of battle. While these two heavy hitters might enjoy a laugh with a Loved One, when it's time to get it done, they're all business. Watch out for Young Dude Love and Chucklin' Chono!

There are many approaches to power. Some draw their power from iron muscles and the forbidden secrets of the dim mak. Others draw their power from chugging Monsters and laughing when they get kicked in the face. Nobody does it quite like Teijo Khan and Maki Itoh!

Are you happy with your randomly assigned partner? Which team will definitely lose first?

I'll be simulating and probably posting the Bloodbath tonight, if things go according to plan.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

projecthalaxy posted:

They say behind every man is a good woman. Well, behind every rich man is a good accountant. Super Mario has made billions over his 30 year career, and now enjoys the good life, managed by his financial consultant and occasional bodyguard. It's VK Wallstreet and Drunk Super Mario!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUKW0EsMSyQ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

Authority! What's it good for anyway? Not much, if you ask this next team. Two people bound by a shared love of bringing down the system, the ace of Retribution and the Mockingjay look to shake things up a bit. Its Slapjack and Katniss Everdeen!

projecthalaxy posted:

randomly assigned partner

:thunkher:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Look if you want to criticize the rng, criticize it putting the two luchadors together imo kinda sus imo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

And two Masked Wrestlers.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

And two Masked Wrestlers.

The google sheets rand() function has much to answer for...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it also put together the two italians

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's back.

From the beautiful Ultra Arena Island in sunny REDACTED, we bring the fifth Hunger Games Match! As always, we start with The Bloodbath. Who will get equipment? Who will get killed? Let's find out!

The horn sounds and our competitors start to leave their platforms. Using his enormous leaping ability and slightly degraded decision making abilities, Drunk Super Mario jumps over to Jerry Blackwell's platform. After all, might as well take on the biggest threat first, right? They grapple for a bit before Mario jumps again but not before the big Crusher grabs his legs, which causes their momentum to carry them both off the platform into a CZW-style light tube net. JERRY BLACKWELL HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! DRUNK SUPER MARIO HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! Chucklin' Chono grabs a backpack and runs off, trying to suppress a giggle. Little grim to laugh at that, Chono. Rafy retreats into his shell to await a more opportune time to gather supplies. Everrise find a spear, and hold it between them like some sort of dreadfully pointy limbo stick. Cr1TiKal also grabs a sack of food and runs for the hills. He's got vlogs to shoot, after all. Mecha Mummy attaches the Borden-O-Matic 3000 to his arm socket and thus can point a bat at twice the normal level of ominousness. Teijo and Eivor get in a scrap over a food drop. Eivor is an accomplished warrior, but unarmed, Teijo has the advantage, and the delicious baguettes. Dr. Cube has a band play his theme while his minions shoot off fireworks. Dusa, ever the helpful one, uses the distraction to snag a camping set.

In Loving Memory
Jerry Blackwell - Bloodbath
Drunk Super Mario - Bloodbath

Kill Scoreboard
Jerry Blackwell (dec) - 1 (Mario)
Drunk Super Mario (dec) - 1 (Blackwell)

Next time: Day 1!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

start over

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PyAINPl1kc&t=97s

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no, nevermind this post. the post i had made in this space (right here; not the previous post) might have reminded people of current events which some people are not in the mindset to be seeing more of, if they are here to forget about anxiety-inducing trials and tribulations of the real world. i have removed it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's the first day. What will happen? Let's find out.

The new Ultra Arena, after the embassies and clinics, is supplied with more building materials. Chono finds a plot and some sheet metal. He builds a quick A-frame shed to keep out the sun and the rain, and also other entrants. He seems to find the act of nailing sheet metal to boards quite funny. What a fun guy. Elsewhere, a local shieldmaiden gives a proper dressing down to a local knockoff ReDragon. It's in Old Norse, so nobody knows what she's saying, but it seems quite problematic. What a ridiculous display. Maki Itoh finds a large fiberglass middle finger and decides to live inside it. This seems correct on a few levels. Elsewhere, the luchadors have enacted a trap. They trick a few entrants to follow them over towards the beach, where they have secretly planted a large bomb. Rafy starts a brawl, and Mil Muertes gives the signal. Unfortunately, Rafy cannot get out of the blast zone in time, but sometimes this happens in lucha libre. The bomb goes off, and Mil Muertes notches Cuatro Muertes. WEED BANJO/KAZOOIE HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! KATNISS EVERDEEN HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! DUSA HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! NINJA TORTUGA RAFY HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

Warriors need to recharge occasionally. Teijo Khan is no exception. He decides to take what he calls an Ultranap, but most people just call sleeping. The pipebombs continue as SLAPJACK screams at Mecha Mummy. He tries to get over with some stupid Twitter nonsense, and it's largely muffled by his stupid mask. Mick Foley is a skilled wrestler, but he needs to extend his range. He finds a bow in Katniss's camp and decides to try it out. He isn't very good at first, but he keeps practicing. Elsewhere, Cullen stalks Jerry Lewis through the woods. They are on a team, so they need to form a plan and establish a defensive perimeter where there aren't any Twitter trolls. Jerry doesn't know who this man is or what Twitter is, so he runs! He so far away! He just runs! He runs so far away! Couldn't get away!

Just because he's been caught in a bizarre timeline trap and stuck on an island doesn't mean everyone's favorite Cr1TiKal, Cr1TiKal, can't do his job. He finds a video to lampoon, settling on this jobber squash from old WWF where Butch Reed annihilates some pointless nerd while Koko B Ware cuts a promo. Elsewhere, the sound of tears and the beginning of the flames of revolution. More shacks! Did you know there's 61 possible events the game could have chosen for this day, and it chose both "shack" and "shoot promo" over and over? That's not ideal, fans! We don't love it! Meanwhile, in the hills, Great Sasuke puts a trash can on his head and prepares to leap off a small outcropping. VK Wallstreet decides to let him jump off many other rocks, by force. GREAT SASUKE HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! Another shoot promo, this one with Kaiju Big Battel's trademark post production. The Sultan can't deal with it.

In Loving Memory
Weed Banjo/Kazooie - Day 1
Katniss Everdeen - Day 1
Dusa - Day 1
Ninja Tortuga Rafy - Day 1
Great Sasuke - Day 1

Kill Scoreboard
Mil Muertes - 4 (Weed B/K, Katniss, Dusa, Rafy)
VK Wallstreet - 1 (Sasuke)

Next Time: Ideally, less shacks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm badly pissed off. but you ought do a new thread i think for the next game, if there is more after this one. if people aren't already engaged they tend to avoid threads with more than a few pages and there was a long break. we are starting an ad campaign to get people back into the swing of things in any case. bless you op

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 8, 2021

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The real Dark Souls starts here Katniss.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SLAPJACK is here to shoot on everyone!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
She survived two Hunger Games and a revolution but she just couldn't cope with the power of lucha libre, RIP Katniss :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

things are cooking. the ball is rolling. we must post and keep our game refreshed and refreshing

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
In the end, Rafy too was just one nombre in all the muertes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mil Muertes, from Lucha Underground, set off a large bomb, annihilating Jennifer Lawrence and various anthropomorphic animal characters. That's what the sim says.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Glad to see Eivor's battle rap skills, honed in rap battles across England are coming in handy

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

projecthalaxy posted:

Mil Muertes, from Lucha Underground, set off a large bomb, annihilating Jennifer Lawrence and various anthropomorphic animal characters. That's what the sim says.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's the first night. As night falls over the Ultra Arena and smoke and ashes of Mil Muertes's attack hide the stars, we pray only that the sun will rise soon.

VK Wallstreet is an enterprising sort of guy, and decides to open a hotel. People can trade whatever resources they have for a safe place to catch a couple hours of sleep. Various entrants avail themselves of this service, finally getting some shut eye. Elsewhere, in the Flip-Off Chateau, Maki and the Sultan decide to have a heart to heart about their pasts. Well, they would have, except The Sultan's tongue has been removed (remember THAT detail?) and Maki literally will not stop yelling at any point, so they don't really "converse" per se, but The Sultan does hold up a picture of Bob Backlund at one point, so that's almost as good. Eivor Varrinsdottir has finally found some warriors to join her raiding party. Or possibly Dr Cube has enrolled new minions. One of the two. Depends on who you ask. Dave doesn't believe he's the leader, but also recognizes in Young Dude Love the spirit and mind of a late 80s jobber and thus does not seek to harm him.

Sometimes, when you are being chased through the forest by a weird knight, you trip and fall in the mud. Sometimes, you cut your leg on a rock. Sometimes, the mud gets into the cut and you're left with a very red, very sore cut. Sometimes, you have to just scrub the scab off, pour some scotch in there, and hope for the best. Hopefully, you are not currently experiencing this situation, dear reader. Three loudmouths have been evicted from the hotel for not following the rules. One, a masked man with a masked plan, would not stop holding up pictures of Attitude Era stars and adding fart noises to their names. Another, a contemporary of those Attitude Era Stars, simply has a critical case of the giggles. Another is a seven foot tall mechanical man who emits beeps and whirs at all times. All three were discarded by a certain banker and forced to find their own sleeping arrangements. How sad for them. Speaking of sad, while Teijo Khan is easily the toughest fighter this side of the Forbidden Temple of Dim Mak, fighting two armed men at once is a tall order. Everrise, quite simply, isn't sure why more people didn't enter as groups. TEIJO KHAN HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

In Loving Memory
Weed Banjo/Kazooie - Day 1
Katniss Everdeen - Day 1
Dusa - Day 1
Ninja Tortuga Rafy - Day 1
Great Sasuke - Day 1
Teijo Khan - Night 1

Kill Scoreboard
Mil Muertes - 4 (Weed B/K, Katniss, Dusa, Rafy)
Everrise - 1 (Teijo)
VK Wallstreet - 1 (Sasuke)

Next time: Day 2!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
The irony of my boys killing my favorite AWA wrestler ....

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SLAPJACK and Mecha Mummy seem like the perfect pair to team up and destroy the Hunger Games!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

projecthalaxy posted:

Elsewhere, in the Flip-Off Chateau, Maki and the Sultan decide to have a heart to heart about their pasts. Well, they would have, except The Sultan's tongue has been removed (remember THAT detail?)

No I did not.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

No I did not.

That's why the iron sheik had to talk for him! The [insert middle eastern group] captured him as a hostage and cut his tongue out when he would not reveal his secrets.

see about 5:08 in this clip

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm just imagining a situation where say, The Sultan gimmick persisted for 10 years and The Sultan became world champion and the most popular wrestler in the country and suddenly he's cutting promos.
"I thought your tongue was cut out"
"It grew back"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm just imagining a situation where say, The Sultan gimmick persisted for 10 years and The Sultan became world champion and the most popular wrestler in the country and suddenly he's cutting promos.
"I thought your tongue was cut out"
"It grew back"
It's like what they did with Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

It's like what they did with Kane.

"Didn't you used to be Jamaican mute?"