Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Welcome to limbo, where you're good enough at one thing to warrant being on the big league team but not good enough at enough other things to actually start with any regularity!

I think Pnurtis is playing weird positions because he's outright replacing whoever he pinch runs for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Chamale posted:

I am loving the plot twist of Pnurtis the obese designated runner
the dedicated tootblan'er more like

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 13 - June 2007 featuring TheMcD and Danaru

I'm a little upset Pnurtis is still playing in the majors. How is he supposed to get training points if all he does is pinch-run (and tootblan)?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Pnurtis, if he's not allowed at bats, is going to make the Jays rediscover the value of smallball tactics.

or get demoted in the attempt, either/or

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Do you have to manually slide or is the game taking complete control of that for you?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

oldskool posted:

Do you have to manually slide or is the game taking complete control of that for you?

Given the way the game fights me at times, it is probably set to some kind of assisted control of sliding. I may need to change that to full manual control (which has a dozen different ways to slide, including "Collision with catcher" so maybe Pnurtis can steal home plate at some point).

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 14 - July 2007 featuring TheMcD and Danaru

I'm not sure what the best part of this episode is, but despite talking about Frankfurter-by-the-Foot, that is not something I will recreate at home.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

...can I? Especially since then i shall eat it during the next recording

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Pnurtis trying to be Ricky Henderson steals everything and...uh...

(you should be watching Jon Bois)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Given the way the game fights me at times, it is probably set to some kind of assisted control of sliding. I may need to change that to full manual control (which has a dozen different ways to slide, including "Collision with catcher" so maybe Pnurtis can steal home plate at some point).

either that or your right stick's hosed up

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 15 - August 2007 featuring TheMcD and Danaru

So hey, it turns out that the RTX 3000-series is still impossible to find. Nvidia, hook me up with a sponsorship! I will say great things about your products if you give me a 3080!

Mathwyn
Oct 31, 2012

Ante up.

I like the in universe Pnurtis looking the options and going 'Screw doubling my pay, I'm going to go beat up on some of the only people worse than me!' Its like when people invite Pnurtis along to a mixer to make themselves look better in comparison. (I imagine there legit reasons people would make the decision you chose, but this amuses me.)

I look forward to yet more FJP. In other words: Pnurt me more. :v:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Need a title change for the thread to "Hurtin' from a Pnurtin'" because those were some spicy steal attempts.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 16 - April 2008 featuring bunnyofdoom and Mistywave

Somehow, Flaccid J. Pnurtis's prospects have gone down. Now if only his weight could do the same...

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Wide rear end Pnurtis: the wettest!

& yes the team is named after a Simpsons reference

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I think we realized that later. As well, me and Misty's stream was delayed by a couple seconds while watching.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 17 - May 2008 featuring bunnyofdoom and Mistywave

Pnurtis finally gets an opportunity to start! But it's in the AAA club, not the majors. Apropos, the joke player on the joke team turns in a joke of a performance.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 18 - June 2008 featuring bunnyofdoom, Mistywave, and MizKriss

This may be Flaccid J. Pnurtis's worst month to date.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

For reference: the the DINGER MACHINE. It is, ah, polarizing

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

in this thread we only acknowledge the one true dinger machine:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
How did I not start watching this earlier.

I love my Flaccid J. Pnurtis.

(I also love the Marlins Dinger Machine, that and the in-wall aquariums were the only good thing about that pointless stadium).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

The dinger machine does look awesome and I am surprised I never saw it before.

This is the thing involving the football team I mentioned at the start

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Do we have Pnurtis's stat line?

At third base he's an uncanny resemblance to Deuteronomy Slims.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 19 - July 2008 featuring bunnyofdoom, Mistywave, and MizKriss

Here's Pnurtis's stat line for the 2008 season, as of the end of this video:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Aka where I had to look up the "Buster Posey Rule" because I forgot exactly what it was.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I love all the tootblans.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

No Pnurtis videos this week, sadly. Technical issues sprang up during the last recording session, but I finally (hopefully) tracked down the culprit. I should be able to record on Saturday, and get videos going again next week.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

CirclMastr posted:

No Pnurtis videos this week, sadly. Technical issues sprang up during the last recording session, but I finally (hopefully) tracked down the culprit. I should be able to record on Saturday, and get videos going again next week.

As I said last Sat, release the footage if you have it still. Make it a bonus. Three of us babbling about the Ottawa Valley while you react with audible confusion needs to be shared with the world.

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
It'll be just like those radio broadcasters talking about baseball, history, and street philosophy over the airwaves, while you just have to imagine what kind of baseball is going on.

Or a podcast if you want to spoil the fun.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 20 - August 2008 featuring DiscountCleric and MizKriss

It's the last episode of the 2008 season. What will become of Pnurtis? Will he anyone want to pick him up? Does anyone have that much upper body strength?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I can't believe you pulled that off and/or the game is loving broken, but good show!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That AB was magical. :allears:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Now that's how you steal home plate!

e: Twice!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 20, 2020

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
I choose to believe the catcher ironically had too much faith in Pnurtis' ability to Run Fast and Steal Bases, and actually whiffed the tag too early, at which point Pnurtis unceremoniously shambled onto home plate.

That doesn't explain the second stolen home plate though :stare:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I believe the catcher was simply afraid of being barrelled by Pnurtis' Girth.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 21 - Spring Training 2009 featuring DiscountCleric and MizKriss

Flaccid Pnurtis doesn't get a contract offer during the offseason, so it's back to spring training for him. Surely he can impress a team enough to get picked up, right?

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Let me have my dad joke, god dammit. >:(

Mathwyn
Oct 31, 2012

Ante up.

I'm glad you didn't end Pnurtis's wild toboggan ride just yet!

But after this LP I expect Pnurtis to feature in any all games that can replicate his amazing physique. :getin:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 22 - April 2009 featuring DiscountCleric and MizKriss

Is this the end of Flaccid J. Pnurtis? Is this the end of this LP? You'll just have to tune in and find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i can't believe flaccid j pnurtis is loving dead