Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Now I'm curious about the under-the-engine logic that determines whether someone like Flaccid gets signed or not, because there are an absolute shitton of minor leaguers he can clown on and he'd clearly be fine in AA for a bit. He's only 20! Development for most players sometimes last until they're 24. Most are no where near ready for the majors at Flaccid's age.

RIP Flaccid, Turgid will TOOTBLAN on your behalf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

kw0134 posted:

RIP Flaccid, Turgid will TOOTBLAN on your behalf.

Only if he stays with the National League

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I'm sure the AI manager will still somehow find a way to make Turgid pinch run.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Show's retirement is so annoying, I had a character in 12 get automatically retired after getting 3,001 hits.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
At least they didn't retire him at 2999.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I saw that MLB The Show 20 is like $9 at gamestop if you want a modern Pnurtis

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 23 - Spring Training with Turgid Pnurtis featuring DiscountCleric, habeasdorkus, and MizKriss

Witness the (spring training) debut of Flaccid J. Pnurtis's twin brother, Turgid K. Pnurtis! Naturally Flaccid Pnurtis got all the recessive genes, while Turgid got the dominant genes.

Since Turgid Pnurtis is a closing pitcher, I think we're going to need some new achievements for him to earn. Or we can just make him become a good hitter for some reason. Could you imagine a team signing a closer and making him the starting DH? That would be wild.

CirclMastr fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 29, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 23 - Spring Training with Turgid Pnurtis featuring DiscountCleric, habeasdorkus, and MizKriss

This links to episode 22 BTW

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This links to episode 22 BTW

Bleh, fixed. Thank you.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm very happy that Turgid's first spring training win came from blowing a save. The ol' Kyle Farnsworth.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Achievements:

Strike out the side: come in & get 3 straight strikeouts

Immaculate Inning: strike out the side on 3 pitches each

Pnurtis Family Special: leg out a "sacrifice" bunt (reaching on an error counts)

Why Did I Bother: one pitch appearance

Can I Sit Down Now? aka Grumpy Joe's, Gotta Go!: three outs on three total pitches

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
Achievements:

* Eagle Eye: Successfully prevent 2 stolen bases in one game

* Heat Arm: Throw a pitch clocked at 100mph or greater

* Deceiver: Throw nothing but balls at a batter and get them to strike out

* Master of Illusion: Throw nothing but balls for an entire inning, and get three strikeouts

* Delay Tactics: Repeatedly throw the ball back and forth to the second baseman until you are ejected from the game

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

* The Farnsworth Special - Come into a MLB game, blow a save, and get the win. (already accomplished in Spring Training)

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

* gently caress the DH - Hit a HR as a pitcher
* Now That's a Spicy Meatball! - Throw a pitch right in the middle of the strike zone, but still get a strike.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

* Bangin On A Trash Can: Bean Carlos Beltran.
* Walk It Off: walk in the game-winning run

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

* Reverse TOOTBLAN - Pick off a runner at any base.
* Helping Yourself - Hit a dinger when you're the pitcher.
* The Flaccid Special - Get picked off.
* The Three True Outcomes - Have nothing but strikeouts, dingers, and walks for an entire episode.
* Balk in a Run- I'm not even sure if balks can happen in this version, but check the menu to see if balks can be turned on!
* Fireman - When you're brought in with less than 2 outs and runners in scoring position, get out of the inning without surrendering any runs.
* Gasoline on the fire - When you're brought in with your team down less than 2 runs, surrender at least 3 runs.
* The John Franco - With a one run lead in the 9th, load the bases without getting any outs and then get out of the jam without any runs.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 2, 2020

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 24 - April 2007 featuring HulkaMatt and PolarMic

Who could have predicted that the co-owner of the Multiple Tag Team Champions Burnt Doritos would be able to give useful advice about baseball?

CirclMastr fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 3, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 24 - April 2007 featuring HulkaMatt and PolarMic

Once again, this links to the previous episode (spring training)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Once again, this links to the previous episode (spring training)

As if I need more evidence that my brain doesn't work right. :sigh:

Thanks for letting me know.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 25 - May 2007 featuring HulkaMatt, MizKriss, and PolarMic

I am 99.9% sure this will link to the correct episode.

It turns out that all Pnurtis needs to succeed to a pitching coach. It's a good thing HulkaMatt is here to help! And he'll never miss an episode, depriving me of much-needed guidance, right? Right?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 26 - June 2007 featuring HulkaMatt, MizKriss, and PolarMic

Turgid Pnurtis is in the big show! Or on the big show! I don't know the correct nomenclature. The point is, the opportunity for achievements has arrived, so I had better start working on more recipes.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 27 - July 2007 featuring DiscountCleric and MizKriss

Turgid K. Pnurtis is hanging in there in the majors, but for how long? Can he actually earn a permanent spot in the Cubs bullpen? Can I ever select the correct pitch unaided?

Special thanks to MizKriss for the extra-lanky thumbnail. My version of lanky just looked normal next to the wide Flaccid Pnurtis version.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Now that our boy Turgid is in the majors, he should share the Pnurtis family recipes like other Cubs players have. I got the cookbook as a Christmas present waaaay back in like 2010 or so, and I started reading it again, even though I don't really cook much anymore.

and my favorite from Ted Lilly

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:perfect:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

:five:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
RYNE SANDBERG's wife
:thunk:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 28 - August 2007 featuring habeasdorkus and MizKriss

Turgid K. Pnurtis is back from spending the holidays with the rest of the Pnurtis clones clan, and is ready for baseball! Or is he? I mean, it's not like simply spending time with Flaccid J. Pnurtis would somehow make failure rub off onto Turgid. That's simply impossible.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

First half of the episode: Turgid is doing great!
Second half: WELCOME TO COORS MOTHERFUCKERS

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

God, that trip to Coors sucked.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

God, that trip to Coors sucked.

Coors is fun when you’re a hitter, not fun when you’re a pitcher

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Neither of the pitches that ended up in the stand were particularly terrible, both were low and the hitters just went and got em.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 29 - April 2008 featuring habeasdorkus and MizKriss

Turgid K. Pnurtis would have earned so many achievements if he weren't in the minors.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

Neither of the pitches that ended up in the stand were particularly terrible, both were low and the hitters just went and got em.

The Javy Baez method :v:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

This is aka the episode where we kept forgetting that we weren't eligible for achievements.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

post photoshop'd punch picture, please

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 30 - May 2008 featuring habeasdorkus and MizKriss

This is not Turgid's best outing.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

A pitcher with a 100 mph fastball and a knuckleball would be one of my favourite players if he existed.

Also, Turgid shouldn't be getting Save credit for some of those games where he lets runners on base to create a Save situation.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 31 - June 2008 featuring Danaru, DiscountCleric, and MizKriss

For the first time in Turgid's career, and only the second time in the history of the thread, an achievement is unlocked. The recipe will come later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

TURGID PNURTIS IS BACK IN THE BIGS!?

Wait a second, no he isn't!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 16, 2021