Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Damanation posted:

So do you always start as such a bad player, or is it just how our starting points were spent?

:colbert: you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
no really with max contact, power and speed Pnurtis is technically optimized; as far as rookie development goes he has the best chance to get hits, hit for extra bases & reach hits in the outfield that slower OFs can't get to. The fact that he can't throw the ball all the way to the infield or jump high enough to save a homerun has minimal relevance to his actual development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

* Inning Eater - get thrown out on the basepaths three times in a game, either caught stealing or Thrown Out On The Basepaths Like A Nincompoop

* Forgot My Bat - complete game without making contact with the ball (only walks or called strike 3s)

* Ty Cobb Triple - in one game, succesfully get a bunt single, get a takeout slide into second base, and get ejected

* Knuckler? I Barely Know 'Er! - dinger off a knuckleball pitcher (bonus points if it's a knuckleball)

* DH2 - complete game in the field with no fielding opportunities

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

kw0134 posted:

we need a tootblan emote

:derp:? :marc:?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Welcome to limbo, where you're good enough at one thing to warrant being on the big league team but not good enough at enough other things to actually start with any regularity!

I think Pnurtis is playing weird positions because he's outright replacing whoever he pinch runs for.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Do you have to manually slide or is the game taking complete control of that for you?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Given the way the game fights me at times, it is probably set to some kind of assisted control of sliding. I may need to change that to full manual control (which has a dozen different ways to slide, including "Collision with catcher" so maybe Pnurtis can steal home plate at some point).

either that or your right stick's hosed up

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Wide rear end Pnurtis: the wettest!

& yes the team is named after a Simpsons reference

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

in this thread we only acknowledge the one true dinger machine:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Achievements:

Strike out the side: come in & get 3 straight strikeouts

Immaculate Inning: strike out the side on 3 pitches each

Pnurtis Family Special: leg out a "sacrifice" bunt (reaching on an error counts)

Why Did I Bother: one pitch appearance

Can I Sit Down Now? aka Grumpy Joe's, Gotta Go!: three outs on three total pitches

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

* Bangin On A Trash Can: Bean Carlos Beltran.
* Walk It Off: walk in the game-winning run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010