Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
I've only just gotten around to watching this, but I want to say that I'm glad this LP is showcasing the tragicomedy of baseball. It's good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
In rough order of difficulty:

* As a batter: Hit at least 3 foul balls in the same at-bat

* As an outfielder: Jump to catch a ball that was flying over the fence

* As a pitcher: Pitch to all 4 corners of the strike zone

* As a batter: Hit the ball and bean the pitcher with it

I'm not even sure if the game will let you do the last one, but it's worth a try.

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
It'll be just like those radio broadcasters talking about baseball, history, and street philosophy over the airwaves, while you just have to imagine what kind of baseball is going on.

Or a podcast if you want to spoil the fun.

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
I choose to believe the catcher ironically had too much faith in Pnurtis' ability to Run Fast and Steal Bases, and actually whiffed the tag too early, at which point Pnurtis unceremoniously shambled onto home plate.

That doesn't explain the second stolen home plate though :stare:

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
Achievements:

* Eagle Eye: Successfully prevent 2 stolen bases in one game

* Heat Arm: Throw a pitch clocked at 100mph or greater

* Deceiver: Throw nothing but balls at a batter and get them to strike out

* Master of Illusion: Throw nothing but balls for an entire inning, and get three strikeouts

* Delay Tactics: Repeatedly throw the ball back and forth to the second baseman until you are ejected from the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
When I wrote that achievement, I sincerely thought the challenge was going to be maxing out the stat, and aiming the pitch well enough to actually get up to that speed... not just "managing to stay in the major league long enough to actually throw a pitch that you've been throwing for months".

Still, well done! I think it's good to have some nice simple achievements entirely under your own control.