Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
There are Minis and 2CV's in the next AI showcase by Balloonfish

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885249

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Just dropping by to let you all know that the spirit of the 90s is alive and well. I was stuck waiting next to a previous generation Honda Civic Touring, lowered, big rims (still tiny brakes), tri-tip chrome exhaust, huge wing, roof covered in assorted strakelets, wing mirror spoilers, carbon look door handles and door handle surrounds, carbon look fake side vents, and even more body mods going on up front. The body kit items were all colour matched though, not primer, so not entirely authentic.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Howdy ya'll. As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been around much for a while now. The truth is I was feeling pretty burnt out in general coming into late spring and had let off the throttle a bit to try and recover. Helping manage burnout like this was one of the purposes behind having Cat as my co-mod and Chips as our IK. And then at the end of May I started what I would describe as the absolute worst 3 straight months of my life. To say I have grown more burnt out than I ever have been is an understatement. Levels of burnout and depression that I have not thought possible. I just don't have the time and energy to devote to modding AI at the moment and don't know when this is going to change.

And you folks deserve more. You deserve an active mod, Cat and Chips deserve an active Co-Mod. So I'm stepping down and we've selected a new mod and they are in the process of being approved. In the future once my life calms down, I'm not opposed to returning as mod if needed.

Being the mod of AI has been a uniquely wonderful experience and I thank all of you for accepting me in this role. I have been immensely proud of this community, especially post yikesaroo/Lowtax abuse reveal and how it came together to repudiate his actions and the overwhelming desire to keep this community together. This is one of the best car forums on the internet and I hope my tenure as mod leaves it better than it was when I started.

:shobon:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Awww, you've been a really great mod, and I hope you can get your life back under control, burnout is no fun.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Thank you for having been a great mod in AI.

Everybody has to prioritize and mental health should be #1 always.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Elviscat posted:

Awww, you've been a really great mod, and I hope you can get your life back under control, burnout is no fun.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Burnout is no fun, burnouts are.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Do a burnout.

No no the other kind

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Does this mean the sass can resume?

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Burnout is no fun, burnouts are.

:hmmyes:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The sass never stops

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Gonna sass the new mod so hard. :unsmigghh:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
No mods no masters

My congratulations on your freedom

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Thank you for your service.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm not a super active poster here but thanks for modding! I think you did well and I hope life stabilizes for you. I've been through bad burnout too and it's awful. A change of pace helped me greatly and i hope you find similar results.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Firstly - a huge thank you for Elmnt80 who has been AI mod for over three years and has been as good a co-mod as you could wish for. While AI is fairly relaxed and easy to mod, sometimes when there are issues it's been great to be able to talk and to come to what we hope will be the right decision. It's also been great to have a bit of chaos and silliness thrown about - also if one of needs to walk away for a bit, someone is always here. I commendElmnt80 for his work and wish him well

That said, I'd like to officially welcome AI's new moderator Somewhat Heroic. Please join me in Welcome or commiserations as you see fit :)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Thanks for your sacrifice, you were a great mod.

Good luck to SH with their tenure

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Thanks and I hope post mod life gets better for you.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
Thanks for all your help during the site owner change drama. I appreciate the stability that you bought to us at the time, we're all better off for having you be there for AI. Cheers.

meltie fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 3, 2023

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Oh jeez, look at u, fancy blue star on your chest... Better exceed your username and be "Continuously Heroic".

Thanks to Elmnt80, you've done a great job. The past 3 years have been incredibly hard on basically everyone, and I wish you the best in getting things ship shape again.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Man there's a ton of new posts in h...

Oh. Oh crap. Welcome Heroic. Elmt, thanks for everything.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Elmt thanks for being a mod and putting up with all our bullshit, I hope life stops messing with you so much.

Heroic welcome, I'll try to limit my reporting to only the dumbest of poo poo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah thanks guys, modding is a job for sure and I appreciate it.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

sharkytm posted:

Oh jeez, look at u, fancy blue star on your chest

oh god how did this get in here I am not good with computers

This forum has had some EXCELLENT moderating teams and have really made this the best social space I spend time in on the internet. When I was approached with the question of "Hey, do you want to do this" I am viewing it a lot more of how I can help repay the community where I have learned so much from - and that is referencing more than just dumb cars. Others have taken their turns (sig, IOC Elmnt and more) and for this time I guess it is mine.

I will definitely make mistakes; but I just ask for a bit of patience as I learn the ins and outs of this side of the forum.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Please welcome as AI's newest IK - CursedShitbox!

CSB has been one of the most respected and knowledgeable posters on this forum for years and is being asked to assist where his depth of knowledge will be greatly appreciated esp in places like the Stupid Question and other general purpose threads.

Commiserations or congrats :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

CSB has been one of the most respected and knowledgeable posters on this forum for years and is being asked to assist where his depth of knowledge will be greatly appreciated esp in places like the Stupid Question and other general purpose threads.

Yeah, he may have been around a while, but has he ever seen a truly cursed piece of equipment or a real shitbox???

Oh... wait... welcome, new IK.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I know people will often have feelings one way or the other, and they'll usually voice one way more than the other, so I'll just say - I like this decision. Congrats CSB, don't let this stop your crazy rear end projects.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

All hail king of the losers

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Krakkles posted:

I know people will often have feelings one way or the other, and they'll usually voice one way more than the other, so I'll just say - I like this decision. Congrats CSB, don't let this stop your crazy rear end projects.

Can't stop won't stop. After all the years and threads and sometimes quality shitposts, figured a little time putting in some service for the best automotive community is the least I could do.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

meatpimp posted:

Yeah, he may have been around a while, but has he ever seen a truly cursed piece of equipment or a real shitbox???

:dogbutton:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
the countdown to AI having a FYAD style background consisting of shitpart ERR7217 has begun

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

kastein posted:

the countdown to AI having a FYAD style background consisting of shitpart ERR7217 has begun
CSB is going to drop some truth bombs.

And several liners.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Jesus, that burn was worse than the inside of a P38 BeCM

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
For the next showcase check out a 1966 Plymouth Satellite racecar by two_beer_bishes:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041850

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

:siren::siren::siren:AI:SS 2023 - Late But Not Forgotten:siren::siren::siren:

I'm running it this year to give slothrop a well-deserved break:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4047118

This is a pretty late start and the deadlines are tighter, so don't dilly-dally.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Quick note -

There has been a few reports lately about posts that suck for $Reasons that have been edited before mods saw the original.

Firstly, thanks for the report and please keep reporting lovely posts. This is in part to explain why a lovely post hasn't been hit, it was edited before mods saw it

Second, thank you to posters for reviewing their own posts and editing out lovely bits when they realize it was poo poo.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Check out this Mazda Bongo in this week's showcase.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Well my dudes, today is Christmas so I wish you all much cheer, beer and presents. And if you believe Christ was born may you celebrate safely

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Happy Christmas, Catte. Of all the AI mods, you're one of them.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Happy Christmas cat, you’re one of the mods of all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Read about a twin turbo Porsche rally car and watch it compete in this week's highlight