Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Not sure if there's a right thread for this but whatever happened to Adiabatic? I don't read the chat thread anymore for reasons, maybe it was there. Hadn't seen him post either but know some goons are local to him and just hoping he's ok.

Thanks for taking on mod status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

At least our new boss lets us occasionally delve into politics knowing that we're adult enough to not descend into stupidity. Adiabatic's desire to quench all discussion and always both sides stuff was garbage.

*edit: I'm sure he's a good dude but he freaked out a lot for a mod, escaping all this is obviously better for him.

There's a billion other places on the internet to argue with other shitheads about politics. I didn't mind it personally and liked the "safe haven" aspect. Wes was chill for the most part.

Glad he's doing well even if it isn't here. I wanted to see that mr2 content.:( And badger, mostly.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Can we not use the Proud Boy's "gently caress around and find out" motto? I understand they didn't coin the term, but...

Stand back and stand by.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Steely Dad posted:

Rad rods, dad bods, and sad mods

:lol:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I don't venture into the chat threads anymore (assuming that's where most of the e/n comes out) but noticed a couple folks being probated indefinitely/effectively banned lately. Can you be transparent on why this is happening now and how that process works?

I know this place isn't therapy but you're also closing the door on them communication wise to friends and people they've known forever. I personally don't use social media so closing me off from people here would suck and that's one less outlet to talk to people. As a neckbeard in a basement somewhere, I can empathize and would feel more isolated.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Thanks for the explanation. It doesn't sound like a fun part of the job but with more context it sounds like the right approach. Thanks for the work you put into the site, especially the lovely parts.

Other guy, you must be lost.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Thanks and I hope post mod life gets better for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

All hail king of the losers