Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BYOBD2

dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

At least our new boss lets us occasionally delve into politics knowing that we're adult enough to not descend into stupidity. Adiabatic's desire to quench all discussion and always both sides stuff was garbage.

*edit: I'm sure he's a good dude but he freaked out a lot for a mod, escaping all this is obviously better for him.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

There's a billion other places on the internet to argue with other shitheads about politics. I didn't mind it personally and liked the "safe haven" aspect. Wes was chill for the most part.

ehhhhhhhh but politics is everywhere, you can't run and hide from it and to pretend you can suggests the decisions made don't affect you or you're cool with how things are (and you really shouldn't be). it's also nice to discuss it with people you know rather than with people you don't. Yes there are specific political forums but the mods there don't threaten probes when you talk about other subjects do they? He was definitely far too keen to squash any political discussion even if it was benign in nature and that's either poor modding or an inherent desire to avoid other people's views because they didn't align with his.

Elmnt80 is far more chill about things and doesn't seem to feel the need to treat anyone like a kid. Definite improvement.

*edit: oh and Cat Interceptor is OK I guess :v:

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 21, 2020

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Me too, new music is pretty much crap...

Whoa now, it's not that new music is crap but more tastes change (or don't) and the stuff getting all the radio play being the generic, non-threatening stuff that's not really interesting. In the past few years I've added so much fan0astict music to my collection, it has been great! You definitely have to go looking to find the good stuff which is why "it's all crap" is such a common opinion to see. I pride myself in hunting out stuff though so I get why not everyone does it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/PickledCroc/status/1367631984307040261?s=19

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Actually yeah, my username was changed in a thread by the shitlord previous owner of the site in a name change thread. What should I get it changed to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I was always under the impression that it was septic tank because Americans have historically always been 'full of poo poo'. :shrug: