Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Well I'm more of a rock/punk/metal fan and to be honest it's all been done, not to much sounds fresh or original these days. There's so much more out there now too and it's hard to find the time for all of it. I try but I've been disappointed for the most part, however there are a few gems out there.

I like Tame Impala a lot, they're probably the newest band (or soloist really) that I've gotten into lately. great stuff.

Sorry, but anyone who says that there is very little fresh or original new music is just "old man yells at cloud" in my mind. There is shitloads of great new music coming out all the time :)

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol it's not a big deal, how old were you even when that song came out, in what, 1991 or 92? Cuz when I was a young kid I didn't pay attention to lyrics either tbh. Some of the poo poo i listened too I didn't get until i was older and i was like ohhhhhh that's what that song is about! :v:

I don't know. Some song lyrics are subtle in their meaning and you could miss it but RATM are not in the least bit subtle. I was 12/13 when killing in the name came out and while at that age a lot of it went over my head I don't understand how you could miss the overall gist of it.

kastein posted:

As dumb as me, apparently
What changed to make you start noticing? (can you ID it and make it happen to everybody else please!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

MrChips posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937310

This month's featured project is Tomarse's Saab 99 Turbo!

I thought the awful app had a weird bug when it kept putting my thread at the top!