Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

Krakkles posted:

Hey, slack mods said they wanted this discussed here instead of there:

ADTRW as an initialism is a rape joke (Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse). Apparently at some point the mods of ADTRW decided that sort of wasn't cool, so they hand-waved that it means something else, but I think it's still pretty Not Ok. The #1 google result for ADTRW is the subforum itself, #2 is UrbanDictionary explaining that it stands for Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse.

Can we not participate in this name change with a rape joke?

I get that some people are comfortable with "they changed what they say it stands for and that's good enough for me", but I'm not, and I don't think I'm the only one.

I think AI is better than this and I'd like us to show it.

+1 to this. I mostly lurk in AI (but have been known to post every now and again). I've been around SA long enough that, well, ADTRW is a rape joke, no matter what the letters get changed into on any given week. It's true that ADTRW came about At A Different Time In The Site's History, when AI had plenty of rape jokes flying around too, but... we got rid of them, and I don't think we should have to be party to another subforum's ongoing rape joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU