Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yes there are specific political forums but the mods there don't threaten probes when you talk about other subjects do they?

Ironically over in D&D they're really hardass about threads staying on topic even in the general chat thread. But that's because derails take off like a motherfucker over there. The general politics thread is very heavily modded because election chat and hillary chat dominate every thread someone starts it in, and they have their own threads. They let food derails go for about a page, and recently there was a "what was your first concert" derail that was actually super feelgood so the mods let it go for over 10 pages.

But yeah, the reason there are subforums is to have a place where you don't have to hear other kinds of topics, generally speaking. Even though they do come up from time to time. I prefer not to know if someone's a chud when I like their cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

He announced his candidacy coming down that escalator to "Rockin' in the Free World". They don't listen to lyrics.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

kastein posted:

clearly that was about my parents wanting me to do chores

Rage Against the Washing Machine

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Elmnt80 posted:

I'd also like to see if we can get a reboot to the "People you share the road with" going so if nothing else, at least the op isn't a permabanned user. It feels appropriate since it has evolved from being a thread about sharing the road with poorly maintained cars to griping about sharing the road with general idiots and bad drivers.

Were you going to do this or was this your way of asking us to do it? If the latter I will.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Well I'm more of a rock/punk/metal fan and to be honest it's all been done, not to much sounds fresh or original these days. There's so much more out there now too and it's hard to find the time for all of it. I try but I've been disappointed for the most part, however there are a few gems out there.

One of my favorite new rock bands is Nothing But Thieves, very talented with high quality output. When I heard their first album I listened to it twice in a row, I liked it that much. From what you describe you might like them too.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I went ahead and did a low effort new thread if you wanna close the old one.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

MrChips I hope you never change your avatar because it makes me grin every time I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

They are definitely the ones loving around. They are the finder outers.