Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I like that idea, so long as the OC part is enforced.

bolind posted:

Can I just say that modding, as all unpaid volunteer work, can be crap, so I believe I speak for all of AI when I thank you for doing this, and making sure we have a not lovely forum to talk about cars and life in.

And this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That's kinda easy mode for those of us that live in areas that have addresses that run well into the 5 digits. For example, I'm on the 15000 block of my street... and addresses are posted at mailboxes. :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Elmnt80 posted:

Generally Broken Subarus

I'm feeling a bit targeted here. :v:

Krakkles posted:

Internet Vehicle Fixin' Wizards

Aren't some of us (...me) better at breakin vs fixin?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

THIS.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Krakkles posted:

I read somewhere that he (probably got really busy with life), withdrew from basically all social media, but still occasionally updates facebook and seems to be fine.

Probably chat thread, probably a few months ago, but way too many posts to find it for sure.

He's either blocked me on Facebook, or deactivated his account. I suspect the former, as a deactivated account usually still shows up (just a blank picture for them tho) - he's missing entirely from my friends list now - though we hadn't talked on FB in over a year.

Kinda seems like he just wanted to distance himself from SA as much as possible? :shrug:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Punk chat: first concert was NOFX. I listen to a bit of everything, but always gravitate back toward punk.

I've also met Henry Rollins before - he stuck around to chat with people after one of his spoken word shows. Hell of a nice guy with some great stories.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 28, 2020

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LloydDobler posted:

One of my favorite new rock bands is Nothing But Thieves, very talented with high quality output. When I heard their first album I listened to it twice in a row, I liked it that much. From what you describe you might like them too.

Not necessarily rock, but I've been listening to a shitload of podcasts at work from the local NPR music station (KUTX), plus a handful of NPR and several Gimlet Media podcasts.

Heard an interview with a local artist that got my interest, so I caught her ACL Live debut. Jackie Venson is loving amazing - she does everything from blues rock to Stevie Ray Vaughn covers, and live streams multiple times a week on multiple platforms, playing multiple instruments. She was featured on the current season of ACL Live (which airs on PBS) (ignore the encore unless you're into gospel rock, the encore was filmed years ago anyway). She makes that guitar loving WAIL on the SRV cover. She has a Soundcloud.

Thao & The Get Down Stay Down is also a new discovery for me - all of the KUTX podcasts have been pushing a local podcast (This Song) that featured an interview with Thao. NPR music station KEXP did a live stream for them as well, though this video was the cover to her/their main track on their latest album. I know this part doesn't matter to most goons, but she also came out publicly as a lesbian (and got married!) when this album dropped, which I think is awesome.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 6, 2020

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

You poor bastard, IoC. What did you do to deserve that?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Man there's a ton of new posts in h...

Oh. Oh crap. Welcome Heroic. Elmt, thanks for everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

meatpimp posted:

Yeah, he may have been around a while, but has he ever seen a truly cursed piece of equipment or a real shitbox???

:dogbutton: