Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I beat Inscryption and it was cool even if it never got quite as fun as act 1. I like the meta stuff but it feels like we're getting into diminishing returns with it just being the same situation as The Hex about how Satan runs an evil game company and there's a mime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Does Ashley still have big tits or what’s going on there?

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't they already remake RE4. I'm sure I played it. Did I dream that

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I beat Inscryption and it was cool even if it never got quite as fun as act 1. I like the meta stuff but it feels like we're getting into diminishing returns with it just being the same situation as The Hex about how Satan runs an evil game company and there's a mime

I think it would've been better without all the youtube creepypasta poo poo, I much preferred just figuring things out from within the games

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

some plague rats posted:

Didn't they already remake RE4. I'm sure I played it. Did I dream that

They put a higher fidelity version with new textures and poo poo on Steam but, no

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

concerned that REm4ke might be bad

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

bees x1000 posted:

concerned that REm4ke might be bad

yeah, just like the actual game, big surprise

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think it would've been better without all the youtube creepypasta poo poo, I much preferred just figuring things out from within the games

If you look up the solution to the ARG hidden in the game it turns out the reason it's creepy is because it's haunted by Hitler's ghost. Not joking.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

man nurse posted:

They put a higher fidelity version with new textures and poo poo on Steam but, no

oh yeah right. That was pretty cool. Probably not going to play the new one unless it's like. RE2 remake good, somehow

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

they should have remade it with fixed camera angles

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

If you look up the solution to the ARG hidden in the game it turns out the reason it's creepy is because it's haunted by Hitler's ghost. Not joking.

Throwing Hitler into it was, uh, interesting. I liked the part of the ARG where two community members figured out where to go and dig for clues in a real life forest and the develop and Luke Carder actor went and found them and took them to the pub and explained that they were really sorry but the clues were for a stage that had already been solved

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

gently caress you

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/adsk4/status/1583710890767298560?s=20&t=Ei4Y4VTflY40UE85fbF7Ag

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How is Dying Light, it's on sale on the PS Store

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s fun, not very deep or scary but it’s a good time. The city has a really cool atmosphere too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Far too long but it's a good time. Night times can be really fun and tense and the general melee combat / parkour is fun until you get into endgame and it has Diablo loot disease.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Finished scorn. Reminded me of Transistor in the way that it just sort of ends right as it gets going, like the devs just got tired of making it. A third act could have made it great, but oh well.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

That Little Demon posted:

this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Started up Dead Space 2 and I dunno how I feel about Isaac talking but so far the gameplay is just as good

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s hard to reconcile his voice with the mighty asgardian roar he does when you stamp on something in the first game

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
played all the resident evils and the dead spaces, trying to think of something else spooky to play but nothings coming to mind. i liked outlast but i guess the 2nd one isnt good. something like paratopic would rule but drawing a blank there as well

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

played all the resident evils and the dead spaces, trying to think of something else spooky to play but nothings coming to mind. i liked outlast but i guess the 2nd one isnt good. something like paratopic would rule but drawing a blank there as well

alien isolation?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

alien isolation?

Alien Isolation owns even if it lasts a bit too long

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

first amnesia games cool, or soma, or obra dinn but those are all spooky adventure games

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Alien Isolation owns even if it lasts a bit too long

yah i really liked the first ten hours of alien isolation but then it went for another ten hours. good game thoguh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nutmeg posted:

Check out Five Nights at Freddie's.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

mbt posted:

alien isolation?

i always heard bad things about this one so i never checked it out, maybe its time i peep it for myself

Fungah! posted:

first amnesia games cool, or soma, or obra dinn but those are all spooky adventure games

i really liked the first amnesia and was looking forward to the newest one but heard it was a stinker. soma was spoiled for me which sucks cause i guess the story is the best part of that game. have played obra dinn and that was extremely ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I liked the new Amnesia

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Check out Five Nights at Freddie's.

This

----------------

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
You will be shocked at the truth of the events from the bite of ‘87.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I liked the new Amnesia

is there one after machine for pigs? thats the last one i played and it sucked

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I liked the new Amnesia

I think I did too. Can't remember. *bowtie spins around making an ear splitting whistling noise that causes me to pass out*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think I did too. Can't remember. *bowtie spins around making an ear splitting whistling noise that causes me to pass out*

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Yeah it’s Amnesia: Rebirth and it’s made by the people who made the first one and SOMA instead of whoever made Machine for Pigs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fungah! posted:

Yeah Amnesia Rebirth is really good. Better than machine for pigs, I reckon better than the first one even