Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Assembling the drivetrain and installing it all at once from the bottom is viable.

On the lift two of us can part a car out in under an hour. That's rear suspension and tank on a pallet, whole front drivetrain and cradle on another pallet, shell forklifted out the door. Lots of aggressive cutting and 3/4 inch impacting. And violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Now I need to work out exactly what needs to be done to swap in GC8 WRX struts so I can install the KYX struts and King springs I have sitting about so it turns like a WRX. I *think* in theory the subframe spacers need to come out and the rear strut towers need one bolt hole done? Not 100% sure and the info is poo poo on the Interwebs these days.

GD and GC rear tophats differ by one bolt hole on the outer most edge of the car, drill it out. Use the tophat as a drill guide with a wax pen.